2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

What are you talking about? The two-week break between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl has always been the NORM! Out of 47 Super Bowls, only SIX have been played the week after the Conference Championships.

So, there has been no "messing with the playoff format", Paul. It has always been this way.

The main reason for the break is simple logistics...and it allows time for the fans to make arrangements to attend. Some of the lowest-attended Super Bowls were the ones without the two-week break.

I didn't know about that stat. I just remembered in the 90s they would alternate from a 1 week break to 2 every year. I just think that might be the way to go now, but it probably won't happen, especially if they keep playing the Pro Bowl. But we have gotten some pretty good games the last few years with the two week break, so hopefully this year's game will be a good one too.

Edited by paul carruthers

I didn't know about that stat. I just remembered in the 90s they would alternate from a 1 week break to 2 every year. I just think that might be the way to go now, but it probably won't happen, especially if they keep playing the Pro Bowl. But we have gotten some pretty good games the last few years with the two week break, so hopefully this year's game will be a good one too.

The 2wk break also gives the teams an extra week to recover from niggling injuries

I like the 2 week break. It gives me more time to fool around with my menu.

Speaking of menu, I'm wide open for suggestions.

Does anybody have their gameplan drawn up for Super Bowl Sunday food-wise?

Never heard of collard greens KB? Maybe it's a southern thing.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/collard-greens-recipe/index.html

I'm from California and even I have heard of collard greens...eaten them plenty of times, too. Every BBQ and Soul Food joint worth its salt has collard greens on the menu. You can find them fresh in the markets, too.

Haven't completed the entire Super Sunday menu, but to honour Baltimore I'm making Maryland Crab Cakes and for San Francisco, clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls.

I'm from California and even I have heard of collard greens...eaten them plenty of times, too. Every BBQ and Soul Food joint worth its salt has collard greens on the menu. You can find them fresh in the markets, too.

Haven't completed the entire Super Sunday menu, but to honour Baltimore I'm making Maryland Crab Cakes and for San Francisco, clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls.

Clam Chowder I thought was a New England tradition? More so than San Fran I believe. But it sounds like a hell of a meal nonetheless. You going to crack blue crabs yourself or just buy frozen?

Clam Chowder I thought was a New England tradition? More so than San Fran I believe. But it sounds like a hell of a meal nonetheless. You going to crack blue crabs yourself or just buy frozen?

My wife ani were in 'Frisco a few years ago and we had a great bowl of clam chowder down at Fishermans wharf

Edited by Babs

Two types.NE,which is dairy based and Manhattan,which is tomato based.

SF has a Cioppino,same thing as Manhattan clam chowder only with fish and no they didn't invent it!

Two types.NE,which is dairy based and Manhattan,which is tomato based.

SF has a Cioppino,same thing as Manhattan clam chowder only with fish and no they didn't invent it!

We love the New England style. With the cream. I dont care for Manhattan. I also love the Lobster Bisque up there

Hahaha...very funny Abbott and Costello.

But it's more about the sourdough than the clam chowder. San Francisco is famous for its sourdough bread...something about the marine air gives it a special tang.

But you can also get a great bowl of clam chowder in SF, as Babs mentioned. I'll probably grill some fish kabobs, too.

I make the crab cakes fresh, Rick, no frozen for me. And I haven't eaten Rice-a-Roni since the 80s when I was a young poor drunk punk.