2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

Guess I better make my pick now...I'm telling you, this has been one of the hardest Super Bowls to make up my mind about in years. Usually I can make my Super Bowl pick immediately after the Conference Championships are over; it may be the wrong pick(like the Rams over the Patriots in 2002), but it was a pick I had confidence in.

This Baltimore-San Francisco Super Bowl, however, has me stymied...not since the Green Bay-Denver Super Bowl of 1998 have I been so indecisive about making a pick. I keep seeing all these different scenarios unfold in my head. For every positive I see for a team, I also see a negative.

But, it's Super Bowl morning and I NEED to get my pick in, right? So here it is:

Baltimore - 27

San Francisco - 23

Here are the four things that finally swayed me to Baltimore:

1. Over the last 10 Super Bowls, the Underdog has covered the spread 7 times, and won outright in 4 of those 7 times.

2. Because I'm an old AFL fan, and most of the AFL teams became AFC teams after the 1970 merger, I support the AFC team by default when I don't have a personal interest in any of the teams playing.

3. I kept picking against Baltimore in the playoffs and they kept winning. The Ray Lewis retirement mojo is too strong. I give up...I'm finally picking Baltimore.

4. Of the two Harbaughs, John seems the nicer one...he seems less of an ass than Jim. Plus, he's been in the NFL longer, he's paid his dues.

So, there you have it...BALTIMORE is my pick. My gawd, I'm on the same side as Rick! :o

But I'm also with Esther and Black Dawg and Miss Melanie, so it's all good. ;)

I'm at my brother's for the Super Bowl, and after the girls went to bed, we stayed up late last night talking about the game and making bets through his online account. We looked up some of the wacky proposition bets to see if any had a good payout. They also gave my brother a free $25 to bet...I guess for being a good loser, haha.

Anyway, I took half of the money I won from the Conference Championship games and put some on Baltimore to win outright and some on Baltimore plus 4.5 points. The proposition bets I made were these:

1. Baltimore's first score will be a defensive or special teams touchdown: 18-1

2. There will be a kickoff return for a TD: 8-1

Thought about betting the over on Alicia Keys' performance of the Star-Spangled Banner...2 minutes and 5 seconds...but the payout wasn't that good.

Anyway, back to cooking and getting ready. Hope everyone enjoys the game and the parties!

Guess I better make my pick now...I'm telling you, this has been one of the hardest Super Bowls to make up my mind about in years. Usually I can make my Super Bowl pick immediately after the Conference Championships are over; it may be the wrong pick(like the Rams over the Patriots in 2002), but it was a pick I had confidence in.

This Baltimore-San Francisco Super Bowl, however, has me stymied...not since the Green Bay-Denver Super Bowl of 1998 have I been so indecisive about making a pick. I keep seeing all these different scenarios unfold in my head. For every positive I see for a team, I also see a negative.

But, it's Super Bowl morning and I NEED to get my pick in, right? So here it is:

Baltimore - 27

San Francisco - 23

Here are the four things that finally swayed me to Baltimore:

1. Over the last 10 Super Bowls, the Underdog has covered the spread 7 times, and won outright in 4 of those 7 times.

2. Because I'm an old AFL fan, and most of the AFL teams became AFC teams after the 1970 merger, I support the AFC team by default when I don't have a personal interest in any of the teams playing.

3. I kept picking against Baltimore in the playoffs and they kept winning. The Ray Lewis retirement mojo is too strong. I give up...I'm finally picking Baltimore.

4. Of the two Harbaughs, John seems the nicer one...he seems less of an ass than Jim. Plus, he's been in the NFL longer, he's paid his dues.

So, there you have it...BALTIMORE is my pick. My gawd, I'm on the same side as Rick! :o

But I'm also with Esther and Black Dawg and Miss Melanie, so it's all good. ;)

I'm at my brother's for the Super Bowl, and after the girls went to bed, we stayed up late last night talking about the game and making bets through his online account. We looked up some of the wacky proposition bets to see if any had a good payout. They also gave my brother a free $25 to bet...I guess for being a good loser, haha.

Anyway, I took half of the money I won from the Conference Championship games and put some on Baltimore to win outright and some on Baltimore plus 4.5 points. The proposition bets I made were these:

1. Baltimore's first score will be a defensive or special teams touchdown: 18-1

2. There will be a kickoff return for a TD: 8-1

Thought about betting the over on Alicia Keys' performance of the Star-Spangled Banner...2 minutes and 5 seconds...but the payout wasn't that good.

Anyway, back to cooking and getting ready. Hope everyone enjoys the game and the parties!

I use Bet Us. I did not like the lines on the gimmicks. I am not one of those betters. My buddy always goes after the tie tie money. It pays good but its rare. So for instance you can bet tie/Ravens. Tie at the half and the Ravens win the game. I only bet the Ravens with the points so far. If I win on hockey this afternoon I may go a bit more. Now I bet a crazy four teamer for $5. I gave up a goal in every game If all four teams win by more than a goal I win over $450!!! I have Pittsburgh (winner already), Buffalo, Montreal and the Islanders. Just a hunch the Isles will beat the Devils

Does anyone play Super Bowl Squares?

I bought a square in my brother's Super Bowl Square game at his work. My numbers are Baltimore 1 and San Francisco 8.

A helluva lot better than the year my numbers were 2 and 2.

Does anyone play Super Bowl Squares?

I bought a square in my brother's Super Bowl Square game at his work. My numbers are Baltimore 1 and San Francisco 8.

A helluva lot better than the year my numbers were 2 and 2.

8 is a tough one Strider. 28 is the best shot. 38 maybe. I have played and wish I had found one this year. Do you mind me asking how much they were? Some are big ones. Like a hundred. Some are $5. Good luck.

Time for your ass whippin San Fran

So far the trend of the commercials being completely forgettable is continuing....

I know! And the one at the beginning are supposed to be the better ones. Doesn't bode well...

Archived