2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

Don't forget Ally and his Canucks, EBK and her gNats and Robert with his Wolves. And a host of others that have slipped my feeble mind.Gn

hey hey hey... It's Esther and her O's! Fan since 1966 (a good year to jump in!!) The Gnats are just a sideline, my theory being the more baseball, the better :)

Born and bred Baltimore Colts fan. It took me a while to warm to the Ravens because they landed in town the same way we lost the Colts. But after hearing Browns fans whine after only being team-less for a couple of years, I have fully embraced the Purple!!!

hey hey hey... It's Esther and her O's! Fan since 1966 (a good year to jump in!!) The Gnats are just a sideline, my theory being the more baseball, the better :)

Born and bred Baltimore Colts fan. It took me a while to warm to the Ravens because they landed in town the same way we lost the Colts. But after hearing Browns fans whine after only being team-less for a couple of years, I have fully embraced the Purple!!!

My Most humble apologies. I didn't realize you were a Baltimore Colts Fan. I have a whole new appreciation for you. I felt the same way about the Ravens until I went to my first game at Memorial Stadium. I was immediately hooked. I just don't want you to inform me down the road that you also were a big Clippers fan.

My Most humble apologies. I didn't realize you were a Baltimore Colts Fan. I have a whole new appreciation for you. I felt the same way about the Ravens until I went to my first game at Memorial Stadium. I was immediately hooked. I just don't want you to inform me down the road that you also were a big Clippers fan.

Only a casual hockey fan. I follow it (and basketball) because of my work. I used to go to a bunch of Caps games when my former employer had tickets, but now that I work in the biz, I don't get them. How weird is that... :)

I actually went to a couple of Horsehead games at Memorial Stadium (and at this point, I don't remember what the actual name of the Canadian Football League team was - we called them the Horseheads :D ). That was fun.

Only a casual hockey fan. I follow it (and basketball) because of my work. I used to go to a bunch of Caps games when my former employer had tickets, but now that I work in the biz, I don't get them. How weird is that... :)

I actually went to a couple of Horsehead games at Memorial Stadium (and at this point, I don't remember what the actual name of the Canadian Football League team was - we called them the Horseheads :D ). That was fun.

The Baltimore Stallions were the only Team outside of Canada to win the Grey Cup. They played in the CFL. Their rules now stipuate that all teams must be in Canada.( All the players must swear alligeince to the Queen and half the QB signals must be called in French. just kidding about these).

You may recognize some of these names. Doug Flutie, I think he has a Boston connection. Mike Mayock on the call NFL network talking head today and OJ Brigance.OJ played for the Ravens also. OJ if you don't know is suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease and is wheel chair bound.

You may recognize some of these names. Doug Flutie, I think he has a Boston connection. Mike Mayock on the call NFL network talking head today and OJ Brigance.OJ played for the Ravens also. OJ if you don't know is suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease and is wheel chair bound.

That was fun - thanks!

OJ is going to be at a Babe Ruth Museum function soon - the Babe's Birthday party in February. He and his wife will be honored with the Foundation's Community Service award. Unfortunately, it's on a Friday which makes it impossible for me to get there from where I work.

Doug Flutie was a QB for Boston College,in 1984 he won the Heisman Trophy. He Played in the Canadian Football Leauge and the NFL he played for the Bills Chargers and Patriots

Doug Flutie was a QB for Boston College,in 1984 he won the Heisman Trophy. He Played in the Canadian Football Leauge and the NFL he played for the Bills Chargers and Patriots

How could you forget the vaunted Generals of the USFL? The only pro football team not to fear wearing New Jersey proudly. Unlike the Jets and Giants.

And how good did Atlanta look in the second half? SF is a better team, like it or not. Yes, there is always that chance, that possiblity Atlanta can win, but SF is an all around better team and I think they will do it.

Don't talk too much trash now Rick...remember what happened with the Bama game recently..... :bagoverhead::P

I agree the 49ers are to much for the Falcons this time around and as far as the so called birdbowl..I think neither bird wins

Flutie was taylor made for the CFL game and had a great career in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto before he took his shot in the NFL with the Bears. As for the Baltimore Stallions, they played in 2 Grey Cup games going 1-1. Saw a special on the CBC during this past seasons Grey Cup week and they were interviewing fans of the old Stallions in their Baltimore homes. Many of them still come to Canada for Grey Cup week and have remained avid fans of the CFL game. Many cross border fan friendships were established when the Stallions were in the league and it was great to see just how many of those friendships have held the test of time.

How could you forget the vaunted Generals of the USFL? The only pro football team not to fear wearing New Jersey proudly. Unlike the Jets and Giants.

Flutie, Hershel and 'The Donald'.....who could forget that?!? Those were crazy days with most of the top tier collegiate talent going to the USFL. ESPN ran a great special last year on the history of the league. Compelling story...

I agree the 49ers are to much for the Falcons this time around and as far as the so called birdbowl..I think neither bird wins

Go see the standings for last week and playoffs. The swamee has spoken. Bird Bowl. Falcons will take care of the 49ers. It may go to OT one of these two games. I am not saying they wont be great games. But you are just giving the Falcons no respect. Go look at who they beat. Bird Bowl.

Well Rick, if I remember right, you were the only one who had the Giants in last year's Super Bowl so you may be on to something with these Falcons. I just keep thinking about how Russell Wilson was gashing that defense this past Sunday & can only imagine what Kaepernick will do to them. Time will tell...

Archived