N. Korea angrily makes nuclear threat

weslgarlic

He has got to be the worst dictator ever. People have feared nuclear war for years and now we have a dictator trying to make it happen. The thing is though, everyone is laughing at him and confident he will get steamrolled if does anything. On a related note:

image.png

North Korea is not a military threat to anyone. They are not going to commit suicide as a country – they understand that if they really push, they would be turned into a thin layer of burning ash floating in the air. Furthermore, as I said before, it's a nation that must not be allowed to collapse; if it collapses it will cause an economic global meltdown that will take down South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore almost immediately, and destroy Europe and North America in a matter of weeks.

The alleged impact sounds rather alarmist to me.

Not really, look at what happened in Germany, and East Germany wasn't nearly the mess that North Korea is. South Korea would be overwhelmed by the massive influx of North Koreans who suddenly need food, water, money, clothes, medical aid and South Korea would be expected to provide. Not to mention the promise of jobs that North Koreans would expect when they see in person how the South lives. North Korea must be kept afloat in the hopes that gradual change can happen.

Just look at what has happened in the global economy in the last 5 years because of Greece, Portugal, and Spain and they are utopias compared to North Korea.

Not really, look at what happened in Germany, and East Germany wasn't nearly the mess that North Korea is. South Korea would be overwhelmed by the massive influx of North Koreans who suddenly need food, water, money, clothes, medical aid and South Korea would be expected to provide. Not to mention the promise of jobs that North Koreans would expect when they see in person how the South lives. North Korea must be kept afloat in the hopes that gradual change can happen.

Just look at what has happened in the global economy in the last 5 years because of Greece, Portugal, and Spain and they are utopias compared to North Korea.

You make it sound as if South Korea is incapable of securing it's border with the North...when it is already secured.

North Korea - unlike Greece, Portugal and Spain - is not a member of the European union (shared common currency). North Korea's import/export is minimal, thus their affect on the market is minimal. My bottom line is the collapse of North Korea would have a large regional impact, not a global one.

You make it sound as if South Korea is incapable of securing it's border with the North...when it is already secured.

North Korea - unlike Greece, Portugal and Spain - is not a member of the European union (shared common currency). North Korea's import/export is minimal, thus their affect on the market is minimal. My bottom line is the collapse of North Korea would have a large regional impact, not a global one.

it's secure because they are kind of in a cold war with each other . but if the current govt in NK falls and they decide to unite or even have open peaceful relations with each other they aren't going to put as much effort into securing the borders.

especially if they unite why would they keep people from moving across borders ?

i would say the best might be for them to just have a better leader . a gorbachev type maybe. not to unite right away but to start good relations and maybe in the future unite once the north has improved .

Regardless of what happens I'm sure the 'BlockBuster Movie' is already being written!!!

Remember when Bird Flu was going to wipe out the human race? I remember seeing the trailers to a movie with dump trucks full of bodies dumping in corpse landfills. I can't wait to see how exaggerated a nuclear war movie will be.

Remember when Bird Flu was going to wipe out the human race? I remember seeing the trailers to a movie with dump trucks full of bodies dumping in corpse landfills. I can't wait to see how exaggerated a nuclear war movie will be.

:yesnod:

But to be Honest ppl in the UK should be more concerened about the 'Measels Epidemic', rather that something that may or maynot happen

I have to admit that I'm some what comforted, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, by the confidence of so many who seem to have enough knowledge to deem this situation on the peninsula, a relative non threat.

Ally,

I would hate to see anything at all happen to the people in that part of the world through Fat Boy's actions. I am, however, concerned that apparently Fat Boy took part in a production of 'Grease' while at High School. Did he play the John Travolta role, or (more worrying) the Olivia Newton John part? We in the West really should be told, :P

I have to admit that I'm some what comforted, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, by the confidence of so many who seem to have enough knowledge to deem this situation on the peninsula, a relative non threat.

Ally,

I would hate to see anything at all happen to the people in that part of the world through Fat Boy's actions. I am, however, concerned that apparently Fat Boy took part in a production of 'Grease' while at High School. Did he play the John Travolta role, or (more worrying) the Olivia Newton John part? We in the West really should be told, :P

:hysterical:

Yes, indeed. :hysterical: He probably closed down North Korea's only branch of WeightWatchers. I think he should aim his nuclear missile directly at the hairdresser who gave him that haircut. I have never seen a coiffure like it. It takes the phrase 'short back and sides' to new limits.

If you think about it, FatBoy was born to be a James Bond villain. You can just see him sitting at the top of a long table, stroking a Persian cat and hissing "I want you to die, Mr Bond".

is he the only one in north korea who isn't skinny ?

Archived