kenog

If not, VH1 gets a gold star for their horrible promotion and a cookie for their god awful website which appears to be broken. I can't access the archival mp3's of previous shows so there will be no way to listen to it tomorrow.

Edit: they might just upload the audio of the guests as it's all just sound bites

I don't know what to make of all of this. What's the deal with VH1? Is this legit? The program disappears...a mystery and very strange. Well, I'm sure there will be a reason why and probably more speculative on our part. Maybe not much of anything.

http://www.rocksback...r/pete-makowski

Pete Makowski

825.jpg

Pete Makowski joined Sounds at the age of 16 as an office boy in 1972 and within two years was a fulltime journalist. Mostly known for his encounters with the more rock-orientated acts like Deep Purple, UFO, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Grand Funk, Rush, etc., during his stretch in the business Makowski has interviewed a diverse array of artists including Blondie, Johnny Thunders, The Only Ones, Sparks, Millie Jackson, Stevie Winwood, Twiggy, Iggy Pop, The Sex Pistols and Alvin Stardust.

His other careers have included being press officer for the New York Dolls, Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, The Pink Fairies, Man, Motorhead, Michael Moorcock, Gary Holton and Tommy Chase; setting up an independent record label with Pete Townshend, playing guitar and writing songs for the infamous (or is that unfamous?) Snivelling Shits. He also put together a photo journal - Powerage - with legendary photographer Ross Halfin. The two of them have worked together on various projects and magazines for almost three decades.

Apart from Sounds Peter has written for Streetlife, New Music News, Kerrang (under the nom de plume of Toots Daley), Soundcheck, Metal Hammer and This Is Rock and has recently contributed to Q, Mojo and Classic Rock.

I maybe wrong but I think the said man was responsible for the review of "All The World's A Stage" by Rush. I was a fan at the time of the band and Rush had announced a UK tour, their first.

It was a very small piece in "Sounds" a weekely music mag. He opened with these lines:

"One of the worst doses of Heavy Metal garbage I have ever heard in my life. And what makes it worse is that it is a double album"

Things got worse, he made references to Zeppelin and a shrieking man and pompus self indulgant prog rock.

Of course history tells us that Rush toured the UK in the summer of 1977 promoting the 2112 album, and I was there for the 2nd night at The Free Trade Hall in Manchester. It was fantastic. Consequently the chunucks became one of the biggest and most successful rock acts and still perform to a top quality today.

File Makowski under " Misguided"

tried go stream but not loading anyone try?

Vh1 Classic On Tap @ontaprocks

Coming up at 7:25PM @jimmypagecom reveals what's left in the @ledzeppelin vaults! Tune in & don't miss out: http://on.vh1.com/OnTap

http://www.vh1classi...uary-26-on-tap/

Surely this is in the wrong thread? This thread is about upcoming posts on Jimmy's website, this interview purports to be about the upcoming box sets.

How do we know they are separate issues? ;)

Good point Knebby. The VH1 website claims that Jimmy was there to talk about Led Zeppelin material, not his own work. Since Jimmy has never used his personal site for Led Zeppelin releases or announcements, they are probably unrelated.

Here's a link to the sound bite: https://soundcloud.com/glyn-roy/jimmy-page-vh1-on-tap

What there is, is some very very interesting sort of early mixes of songs, alternate mixes, and alternate versions of songs too. Maybe it will take another 20 years for those things to come out (laughing). It's something that I'd really like to listen to them all again and just see.

Archived