kenog

According to Jimmy's friend, Peter Makowski, there will be new posts and announcements soon on Jimmy's site. Here's what Peter said yesterday on one of his Facebook pages.

Peter Makowski-Wordsmith2

Yesterday

"Don't forget to check out Jimmy Page official website-@jimmypage.com .I'll be back working on it next week with Matt'the wonder boy' and promise you there will be some exciting new posts and announcements......"

Incidentally, Olympian cyclist, Sir Chris Hoy has tweeted about meeting Jimmy at the airport passport control and commented on what a 'nice bloke' Jimmy is.

Thanks for informing us, blackdog60. I also noticed Peter Makowski has another post that says, "Will be doing some work on Jimmy Page's official website jimmypage.com when I get back from the States. This involves research (looking up dates, finding pictures, posters etc.) and scouring the internet for relevant clips." Jimmy Page's official Facebook page has also "liked" Peter Makowski's.

Peter Makowoski put this on his own facebook page. :D

Will be doing some work on Jimmy Page's official website jimmypage.com when I get back from the States.This involves research (looking up dates,finding pictures,posters etc) and scouring the internet for relevant clips.

Shitty timing to announce "exciting news" given the recent Plant comment lol

As long as Robert's comments don't terminally derail any plans Jimmy has for new music by himself.

I'd much prefer new solo stuff from Page than a Led Zep re-hash.

Announcement of a solo album?

Or maybe the announcement of the announcement of a solo album?

How about the announcement of a promise to keep promising Jimmy has a new project on the go for, say, 2018...

(sorta get the idea I've given up on hearing any new music from Jimmy Page at all?)

(sorta get the idea I've given up on hearing any new music from Jimmy Page at all?)

It's understandable. I'm trying to be optimistic on this subject. Until Jimmy formally retires or makes an announcement that there's nothing new coming, I'll try to remain hopeful.

I am hoping that the announcements are not going to be more highly priced merchandise like we have seen previously with the book and signed photos. I have moaned my head off on this site about the photos. Like everyone else here, I'd like to hear about a tour from Jimmy, or the release of new material. Stuff that all members/LZ fans can afford. Maybe I am being naive.

we will see the announcement for the announcement of the upcoming as yet untitled solo LP set for "next year" with the accompanying schedule of re-releases, re-remasters and boxed set of the yet to be released solo project anouncement set to be announced on his website coming soon...

Nutrocker I am not a gloomy gus... it's just- I would rather listen to "Lord Won't You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz" another hundred times than read about "something soon"

You know the guy has an absolute barnload of tracks and stuff recorded.

How about the announcement of a promise to keep promising Jimmy has a new project on the go for, say, 2018...

I'm guessing that Peter Makowski is writing new On This Day entries, hence the research and clip-seeking on YouTube. Perhaps he has been brought in to make up for the inaccuracies that we've seen previously.

My guess would be that Jimmy or someone in the office has shared the copy of the announcements relating to the new album and the pre-order/competition system like we saw before for Lucifer Rising. Those would probably be the exciting announcements referred to by Peter.

There is no solo LP, no plans to release one, no band; most likely adding a few photos and trinkets to the site to keep us all passified for the next 2 years.........despite those on this board who are knowledgable historians, there is no one here with a direct line to Jimmy. We wait.

There is no solo LP, no plans to release one, no band; most likely adding a few photos and trinkets to the site to keep us all passified for the next 2 years.........despite those on this board who are knowledgable historians, there is no one here with a direct line to Jimmy. We wait.

Cynicism! We get it - you don't believe anything of substance will happen. Why not let the people have some hope...

Speaking of which...I'd assume by "announcements" that we'll get some concrete news on what Jimmy has been up to - both solo and with the remasters that are in the works.

Cynicism! We get it - you don't believe anything of substance will happen. Why not let the people have some hope...

Speaking of which...I'd assume by "announcements" that we'll get some concrete news on what Jimmy has been up to - both solo and with the remasters that are in the works.

That was my guess too! Hopefully, the news will come quite soon!

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Hope is all we have in life, but regarding this slice of it all im saying is there is no evidence to support new music. "HOPE" im wrong, but I doubt it.

Archived