kenog

There is no solo LP, no plans to release one, no band; most likely adding a few photos and trinkets to the site to keep us all passified for the next 2 years.........despite those on this board who are knowledgable historians, there is no one here with a direct line to Jimmy. We wait.

I can bet there will be an announcement of a Page album in a week or two.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Hope is all we have in life, but regarding this slice of it all im saying is there is no evidence to support new music. "HOPE" im wrong, but I doubt it.

Apologies for the attack. I maybe got more excited about this tease than I should have - I mistook Peter Makowski for Peter Mensch, Jimmy's manager. Still, I have hope that we'll hear something of substance...

So work is set to begin tomorrow. What kind of timescale do we think will happen here? Presumably Peter Makowski is working on new On This Day posts (why else would he need to be doing the research).

I'm guessing they're working towards a new iteration of the site in either the Spring or Summer, that gives a decent window for changes from a web development spec. Adding new copy (posts, announcements etc) will usually take over a month for a site of that size.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Hope is all we have in life, but regarding this slice of it all im saying is there is no evidence to support new music. "HOPE" im wrong, but I doubt it.

You're probably right. On the other hand, IF I were Jimmy Page and I was working on new material I would keep things under wraps until I was ready to release the music. I'm not as secretive as he seems to be, but I still wouldn't want the pressure of having the media (or fans) monitor my progress.

You're probably right. On the other hand, IF I were Jimmy Page and I was working on new material I would keep things under wraps until I was ready to release the music. I'm not as secretive as he seems to be, but I still wouldn't want the pressure of having the media (or fans) monitor my progress.

He appears to have changed somewhat - although still mostly in the shadows, he did come forward with news of the remasters that are in-progress.

Wasn't Lucifer Rising released on the solstice/equinox? I doubt that any announcements would be made then, rather releases are held on special dates.

20 or so days probably won't be enough time to write new copy for the site and get it deployed, I'm guessing any news will come later.

Wasn't Lucifer Rising released on the solstice/equinox? I doubt that any announcements would be made then, rather releases are held on special dates.

20 or so days probably won't be enough time to write new copy for the site and get it deployed, I'm guessing any news will come later.

I may be wrong on this but didn't his manager state that an announcement or development was due THIS week on Jimmy's web site?

If that is the case, certainly a release can make the March 20th Super-Solstice date. Jimmy more than likely has had the Project completed

for some time and was just waiting for the right time to let it out. He seems to favor a specific time in the natural cycle of things.=, esp. the

Spring and Summer Solstice.

I may be wrong on this but didn't his manager state that an announcement or development was due THIS week on Jimmy's web site?

If that is the case, certainly a release can make the March 20th Super-Solstice date. Jimmy more than likely has had the Project completed

for some time and was just waiting for the right time to let it out. He seems to favor a specific time in the natural cycle of things.=, esp. the

Spring and Summer Solstice.

Peter Makowski has posted three times on Facebook that he is beginning work on Jimmy's website this week. That's all we have at the moment.

No - it wasn't his manager. His manager is Peter Mensch; as far as I'm aware, Peter Makowski is a photographer. (I made the same mistake.)

http://www.rocksback...r/pete-makowski

Pete Makowski

825.jpg

Pete Makowski joined Sounds at the age of 16 as an office boy in 1972 and within two years was a fulltime journalist. Mostly known for his encounters with the more rock-orientated acts like Deep Purple, UFO, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Grand Funk, Rush, etc., during his stretch in the business Makowski has interviewed a diverse array of artists including Blondie, Johnny Thunders, The Only Ones, Sparks, Millie Jackson, Stevie Winwood, Twiggy, Iggy Pop, The Sex Pistols and Alvin Stardust.

His other careers have included being press officer for the New York Dolls, Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, The Pink Fairies, Man, Motorhead, Michael Moorcock, Gary Holton and Tommy Chase; setting up an independent record label with Pete Townshend, playing guitar and writing songs for the infamous (or is that unfamous?) Snivelling Shits. He also put together a photo journal - Powerage - with legendary photographer Ross Halfin. The two of them have worked together on various projects and magazines for almost three decades.

Apart from Sounds Peter has written for Streetlife, New Music News, Kerrang (under the nom de plume of Toots Daley), Soundcheck, Metal Hammer and This Is Rock and has recently contributed to Q, Mojo and Classic Rock.

Archived