ally would like to thank everyone

ally

Hi everyone. In light of not having seen the "ally update" thread until yesterday. I just wanted to thank everyone who posted their kind thoughts and well wishes while I was in hospital. I'd also like to apologize to all of you for not having responded sooner. That said, my recovery is going very well. The stitches were removed last week and my surgeon was very happy with the way everything is healing. I do have to be careful for the next 4-6 weeks and allow everything to set properly but the pain is diminishing with every passing day which is also allowing me to reduce my dosages of oxycodone. Something that I am very happy about . I'm also happy to say that I'm now able to walk around the house without aid but must use walking sticks if I venture outside. Rehab will come in varying stages with a full recovery expected in about 6-8 months. All in all, at this point in time, I honestly couldn't expect my recovery to be going any better than it is.

Thanks again everyone. Mrs ally and I are very grateful for your kind thoughts :beer:

Maybe it's because I wasn't active here for a few months this past beginning of 2013 but I didn't know this was ever happening, or even what happened, but I am pleased to hear that you are doing great, with whatever major thing you have going on! You've always been one of my favorite posters here and this thread further solidifies my feelings on you being a good poster. You are always so kind and knowledgeable. May your road to recovery be a smooth, straight and hopefully fast one!

Your a top man Alistair. Physio is always tough. I smashed my patella (knee cap) in a bike accident a few years ago, and whilst it was pretty painful at the time, the pyhsio was a mean woman. But she was a very attractive Irish girl. I remember my first visit. I hadn't bent my knee for about 3 months and had to wear a "cricket spint" to keep my leg straight. She calmly told me to put my face on the pillow and she bent my knee back. ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH !! After 30 minutes I left the room. The horror on the face of the next patient was a picture. ;)

Your a top man Alistair. Physio is always tough. I smashed my patella (knee cap) in a bike accident a few years ago, and whilst it was pretty painful at the time, the pyhsio was a mean woman. But she was a very attractive Irish girl. I remember my first visit. I hadn't bent my knee for about 3 months and had to wear a "cricket spint" to keep my leg straight. She calmly told me to put my face on the pillow and she bent my knee back. ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH !! After 30 minutes I left the room. The horror on the face of the next patient was a picture. ;)

Ha Ha ! I can just picture the look on their faces :D Just for fun, I usually fake a painful experience when I'm coming out of the dentists office which can be priceless at times :lol:

Maybe it's because I wasn't active here for a few months this past beginning of 2013 but I didn't know this was ever happening, or even what happened, but I am pleased to hear that you are doing great, with whatever major thing you have going on! You've always been one of my favorite posters here and this thread further solidifies my feelings on you being a good poster. You are always so kind and knowledgeable. May your road to recovery be a smooth, straight and hopefully fast one!

Thank you LS. I just felt bad about not thanking everyone in a timely manner. Missing the thread was just an oversight on my part .

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

Let me know if you need any help with that oxycodone, I'm here for you. LOL

LOL ! Sorry but had to make a deal with the devil to get it. Nice to know who your friends are though :lol:

Thanks everyone. I've asked admin to pull the original thread, which I think they have , and after a few days, they'll pull this one too. Not here for self promotion if you know what I mean. Just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know that I appreciate everyone's kind thoughts. Okay people, back to your regular programming :lol:

What exactly happened to you?

Had a double fusion lower back surgery. Had some complications with my breathing during and after the surgery which cause high CO2 levels in my blood . After observation, it was determined that I have sleep apenia . Something that I'll have to address once I'm off the narcs as they feel the narcs contributed to my incident . Also, I had to have a second surgery because one of the drain tubes broke when it was being removed. Between that, the original surgery, being monitored for the sleep apenia, and the docs trying to come up with an effective yet safe pain med cocktail, what should have been a 3-4 day stay in hospital, turned out to be a week.

Just take it easy Ally and so glad to have you back here!!! Let it take it's course and hope you will be normal soon!. Perhaps it may be good to shy away from certain areas of the forum, particularly Ramble On as to not cause undue harm and get your blood boiling up to an unprecedented level! :bagoverhead::slapface:

Just take it easy Ally and so glad to have you back here!!! Let it take it's course and hope you will be normal soon!. Perhaps it may be good to shy away from certain areas of the forum, particularly Ramble On as to not cause undue harm and get your blood boiling up to an unprecedented level! :bagoverhead::slapface:

Yeah, sometimes Ramble On can do that to us all :yesnod: TBH, the only thing that's really pissing me off at the moment is that I can't indulge in my favourite pass time. Drinking some of the worlds finer beers :lol:

Thanks LS . Much appreciated

So glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery, Ally!! You're truly a class act and one of my favorite people here.

All good thoughts your way.

When I get off these narcs, you and I will have to have a nice online IPA. I'll let you recommend which one :D

When I get off these narcs, you and I will have to have a nice online IPA. I'll let you recommend which one :D

I look forward to this! I'll start doing research immediately!! :beer:

I look forward to this! I'll start doing research immediately!! :beer:

Excellent ! We'll just have to make sure that we stay away from the political threads that evening :lol:

Glad you're back and on the mend. It does take time.

I had surgery in 91 and had a fusion. I was off work for 3 months, but some of that was due to radiation treatments too.

Take care Ally, you're a gem here at the forum.

Glad you're back and on the mend. It does take time.

I had surgery in 91 and had a fusion. I was off work for 3 months, but some of that was due to radiation treatments too.

Take care Ally, you're a gem here at the forum.

Radiation ! Your fusion sounds like it was pretty invasive M. For the obvious reason, I'm happy that it was a success and I hope you never have to go through that again !

Yes, as everyone has stated, you are the best of the best ally. A true gentleman, and I am so glad that you are on your way to a recovery my dear friend:-) :yesnod:

:blush:

Thank you so much for starting the original thread Deb.

Archived