The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Who's left of the old guard in hollywood

If we're talking major film stars, essentially no one. Every major film star thru the 1940s is now deceased. 

Gene Hackman is arguably the oldest living major film star, at 93. He's four month's older than Clint Eastwood.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If we're talking major film stars, essentially no one. Every major film star thru the 1940s is now deceased. 

Gene Hackman is arguably the oldest living major film star, at 93. He's four month's older than Clint Eastwood.

shit when we lose Clint I might have to drink rather heavily for a whole weekend watching his great body of work

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Eva Marie Saint just turned 99.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Eva Marie Saint just turned 99.

Sure, she had a very long and successful career but when she passes most people will have to use Wikipedia to know anything about her. There are plenty of actors and actresses older than Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood but none more famous. Anyway, this whole discussion is problematic. What here is considered the Old Guard of Hollywood? I defined it as pre-World War II cinema. Within that context, all of the stars are dead.  

Oldest living Hollywood icons -- Gene Hackman (93) and Clint Eastwood (93).    

On 7/22/2023 at 12:17 PM, reids said:

The reapers watch list 

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls023573954/

R😎

President Carter stopped all treatment for terminal cancer two months ago. He'd turn 99 this October but it seems it would be a long shot that he'll make it. I'm diametrically opposed to him politically, but there's not a doubt in my mind he's going to heaven.