The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 2/20/2023 at 2:33 AM, reids said:

Former President Jimmy Carter (98) was taken to hospice care yesterday. The family are asking for prayers for immediate family and friends.

R😎

I strongly disagree with him politically, and he was a dumpster fire as President, but there's no question he's a good man who will be missed.

9 hours ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist)

R😎

FD594700-457F-4371-AD03-8539BDD8156B.jpeg

Man what a bummer! He was an amazing guitarist, I feel lucky to have seen him perform the few times I did. Bless him and his family, and the rest of the Lynyrd Skynyrd band. 

4779.f.jpg.0a84ed8b269d4e6da5b19154e9421e1d.jpg

RIP Former Rush live concert engineer Jon Allan Erickson. He worked on some of Rush's live concert albums /videos in the '80s, including Exit...Stage Left and the Grace Under Pressure tour, and also worked with bands such as Max Webster, The Tragically Hip and Bruce Cockburn. - https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/27401078/jon-allen-erickson

Edited by luvlz2

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

NOOOOOOO!!!!  Not Tevye!!!

Not trying to depress anyone, or derail the thread. But Stryder, or anyone, have you thought about the day we will have one of the last remaining three members be listed on this thread. I remember going to see Plant in 1991, and 1993, and Page and Plant a few years later. The thought of that is incredibly depressing. They are all still very alive and well, but I can’t help thinking about the eventual every once and while. Seeing all of these people, Men and women we grew up on in the Rest In Peace Thread is a little alarming. 

To all of you reading this, be well, treat each other well, and I wish nothing but health and happiness to all of you on this forum. Truly. Sorry for the derailment. 

Bud Grant, who led Vikings to 4 Super Bowls in HOF career, dies (espn.com)

"No single individual more defined the Minnesota Vikings than Bud Grant," Vikings owners Mark and Zygi Wilf and their family said in a statement. "A once-in-a lifetime man, Bud will forever be synonymous with success, toughness, the north and the Vikings."

16 minutes ago, reids said:

R😎

<Paul Sorvino>

You can bet this is why...

In January 2018, Sorvino found out that Harvey Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed his daughter Mira and blacklisted her within the film industry after she rejected the film mogul's sexual demands. In response, Sorvino told TMZ, "He's going to go to jail. Oh yeah. That son of a bitch. Good for him if he goes, because if not, he has to meet me. And I will kill the motherfucker. Real simple. If I had known it, he would not be walking. He'd be in a wheelchair. This pig will get his comeuppance. The law will get him. He's going to go to jail and die in jail."

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You can bet this is why...

In January 2018, Sorvino found out that Harvey Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed his daughter Mira and blacklisted her within the film industry after she rejected the film mogul's sexual demands. In response, Sorvino told TMZ, "He's going to go to jail. Oh yeah. That son of a bitch. Good for him if he goes, because if not, he has to meet me. And I will kill the motherfucker. Real simple. If I had known it, he would not be walking. He'd be in a wheelchair. This pig will get his comeuppance. The law will get him. He's going to go to jail and die in jail."

so although Weinstein was a fking. pig the establishment still wishes to protect this scumbag and  bury the ones who call them out? I know the answer which is why I refuse to watch anything related to these dirt bags

14 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so although Weinstein was a fking. pig the establishment still wishes to protect this scumbag and  bury the ones who call them out? I know the answer which is why I refuse to watch anything related to these dirt bags

I tell you what, when Paul said that I felt it. If Mira was my girl, I would feel the same way. She didn't work so hard to become a professional actress only to have her career torpedoed simply because she wasn't interested in allowing that gross bastard to wash his balls off in the sink before mounting her.

Edited by SteveAJones