The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Of the holy trinity of British guitarists (Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck), Jeff Beck always seemed the healthiest and least likely to be the first to die. So this is surprising and sad news to me. R.I.P. Jeff Beck, the "guitarist's guitarist".

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/jeff-beck-guitarist-dead-dies-1235486491/

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

Of the holy trinity of British guitarists (Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck), Jeff Beck always seemed the healthiest and least likely to be the first to die. So this is surprising and sad news to me. R.I.P. Jeff Beck, the "guitarist's guitarist".

Well said Strider and agree. Glad I saw him twice. First time at ARMS shows in NYC  with the holy trinity. Jimmy Page has stated in the past that Jeff was a more gifted guitarist than he is. I may have to agree with JP.

Rest in Peace Mr. Jeff Beck. I usually am not effected and don’t get all that sad when celebrities pass away. Jeff’s passing has had a different effect on me. The man was so talented, a total character, brilliant at his craft, obviously very close to a few of the members of our favorite band. I honestly feel very sad for his family and his many friends in the industry including James Patrick Page. 

Godbless you Jeff, I feel fortunate to have seen him perform, and the music industry lost a Giant. His music and his being will be remembered, and sorely missed. Man, what a fucking blow! 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Page will be shattered.

9 hours ago, chef free said:

The only one of them still actually playing guitar!
RIP...

Eric is scheduled to perform a series of shows at the Budokan in Tokyo this April.

ERIC CLAPTON〈エリック・クラプトン〉 LIVE AT BUDOKAN2023 特設サイト

Eric Clapton Announces 2023 Tokyo Residency (whereseric.com)

Edited by SteveAJones

15 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Page will be shattered.

He posted a nice tribute to his friend on twitter.

NQnRwUz3_normal.png

The six stringed Warrior is no longer here for us to admire the spell he could weave around our mortal emotions. Jeff could channel music from the ethereal. His technique unique. His imaginations apparently limitless. Jeff I will miss you along with your millions of fans. Jeff Beck Rest in Peace.
Edited by Strider