The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 1/13/2023 at 3:40 PM, reids said:

R.I.P. Robbie Bachman (drummer) of BTO

R😎

EA724F36-AA25-4530-A911-3C8902ECAD9D.jpeg

RIP Robbie.  During my freshman year of H.S. I think everyone owned, "Not Fragile".  Lots of pop dribble from these guys, but I always liked, "Blue Collar" & "Looking Out For #1".  

Australia's Queen of soul

One of Australia’s most respected and enduring singers, the legendary Renée Geyer has passed away, aged 69.

In a statement, Geyer's family said the singer passed away from complications following hip surgery.

"While in hospital, it was discovered that Renee also had inoperable lung cancer," the statement read.

"She was in no pain and died peacefully amongst family and friends.

"Naturally we are all utterly devastated."

The Melbourne-born singer was one of Australia’s best…

Her talent spanned a variety of genres, including rock, jazz, soul and R&B.

She was also also an internationally respected and sought-after backing vocalist, whose session credits include work with Sting, Chaka Khan, Toni Childs and Joe Cocker.

In her autobiography, Confessions of a Difficult Woman, co-written with music journalist Ed Nimmervoll, she described herself as "a white Hungarian Jew from Australia sounding like a 65-year-old black man from Alabama".

She was a friend to so many in the industry.

In February 1998, Renee Geyer organised ‘The Night of the Hunter', for the terminally Dragon frontman Marc Hunter, at the Palais Theatre in St Kilda.
At the show, she led her dear friend Marc on stage to join in the finale of 'April Sun in Cuba', which was the last time he appeared in public, passing away less than six months later…

Renee Geyer was a strong woman, and loved by many, releasing more than 20 albums in her career.

She was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame on 14 July 2005.

Renée was the first woman to be inducted into the Music Victoria Hall of Fame; and she received the inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award at the Australian Women in Music Awards in 2018.

R.I.P.

FB_IMG_1673934939088.jpg

https://youtu.be/hLQNwlA50r0

Australia's Queen of soul

One of Australia’s most respected and enduring singers, the legendary Renée Geyer has passed away, aged 69.

In a statement, Geyer's family said the singer passed away from complications following hip surgery.

"While in hospital, it was discovered that Renee also had inoperable lung cancer," the statement read.

"She was in no pain and died peacefully amongst family and friends.

"Naturally we are all utterly devastated."

The Melbourne-born singer was one of Australia’s best…

Her talent spanned a variety of genres, including rock, jazz, soul and R&B.

She was also also an internationally respected and sought-after backing vocalist, whose session credits include work with Sting, Chaka Khan, Toni Childs and Joe Cocker.

In her autobiography, Confessions of a Difficult Woman, co-written with music journalist Ed Nimmervoll, she described herself as "a white Hungarian Jew from Australia sounding like a 65-year-old black man from Alabama".

She was a friend to so many in the industry.

In February 1998, Renee Geyer organised ‘The Night of the Hunter', for the terminally Dragon frontman Marc Hunter, at the Palais Theatre in St Kilda.
At the show, she led her dear friend Marc on stage to join in the finale of 'April Sun in Cuba', which was the last time he appeared in public, passing away less than six months later…

Renee Geyer was a strong woman, and loved by many, releasing more than 20 albums in her career.

She was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame on 14 July 2005.

Renée was the first woman to be inducted into the Music Victoria Hall of Fame; and she received the inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award at the Australian Women in Music Awards in 2018.

R.I.P.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Almost cut my hair...but I didn't. R.I.P. David Crosby (The Byrds, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young). Dead at 81.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/david-crosby-dead-dies-byrds-crosby-stills-nash-1235495467/

Great song. Always part of our set list. Big talent lost, again. He had his share of health and personal problems over the years, a liver transplant and some time in gaol.

Jeff Beck, Priscilla Presley, David Crosby, all these deaths in this month has been heavy for me. I plan to listen to all of them this weekend and get really toasted starting now! If anybody wants to join me you are welcome!

Edited by luvlz2