The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

18 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

8 hours ago, reids said:

Yep. R.I.P. Anthony “Top” Topham (75) founding guitarist for The Yardbirds. Hope we don’t see any other Yardbirds guitarists pass any time soon. Jeff Beck last week or so and now Topham. 
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/anthony-top-topham-yardbirds-dead/

R😎

And then, there were two. One doesn't even play anymore and the other has been boring since the 1980s.

Gary Oelze, the founder of The Birchmere, a wonderful venue in Alexandria, VA,  died this week.  I love going there and eating overpriced food, enjoying some local beer and hearing great performers.  We're going to see Lyle Lovett in March.  I guess I should buy the book about the place that was released last year.  

Thanks for the good times and the music, Gary!

https://wtop.com/alexandria/2023/01/owner-of-alexandrias-birchmere-gary-oelze-dies-at-80/

6 hours ago, Strider said:

And then, there were two. One doesn't even play anymore and the other has been boring since the 1980s.

... Hopefully, we don’t see the other two or any of these anytime soon on this thread...

R😎

D57A1412-F466-4C5B-A5BD-FC16B816F753.jpeg

On 1/26/2023 at 5:27 PM, reids said:

... Hopefully, we don’t see the other two or any of these anytime soon on this thread...

R😎

D57A1412-F466-4C5B-A5BD-FC16B816F753.jpeg

What's worse for a woman than blowing 89-year-old Willie Nelson in the back of a tour bus? Being informed, "Honey, that ain't Willie Nelson". 

On 1/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, Strider said:

Nor Keith Richards. I guess they figured Keef and Jimmy are immortal.

Toni Iommi is also missing from that list.  He is one of the greats too.  He came from the same place clapton Beck and Page came from yet he was never included in the convo about the others. He was an original musician and his riffs are legendary.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Toni Iommi...He came from the same place clapton Beck and Page came from yet he was never included in the convo about the others. 

I'm not sure I understand this. Iommi was born in Birmingham and grew up in the Midlands. Clapton, Beck and Page all hail from what they called The Surrey Delta.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not sure I understand this. Iommi was born in Birmingham and grew up in the Midlands. Clapton, Beck and Page all hail from what they called The Surrey Delta.

Those places are within 2 hours of each other. They all knew each other and Iommi has said so in interviews. Although he was not a blues guitarist in the strictest sense in my mind he belongs right up there with them.

42 minutes ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Cindy Williams (75) actress Laverne  & Shirley 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cindy-williams-laverne-shirley-actress-dead-75

R😎

Wow. Although she bummed me out when she quit the sitcom (Laverne & Shirley), she still brought me a bunch of great memories on that show! R.I.P. Cindy Williams.

Edited by luvlz2