How the West Was One

clw

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's just audio, no known footage of the shows exists...It's a great release, though, my favorite by far...HIGHLY recommended! :)

I didn't realize this. I thought the footage of the band performing "Immigrant Song" at the Los Angeles Coliseum in 1972 that's floating around on YouTube was from "How the West Was Won". Does anyone know where this film comes from?

• 1 month later...

I didn't realize this. I thought the footage of the band performing "Immigrant Song" at the Los Angeles Coliseum in 1972 that's floating around on YouTube was from "How the West Was Won". Does anyone know where this film comes from?

The footage is from 27 February 1972 and it's synced to the audio from 25 June 1972 (HTWWW).

To be honest the whole show from LA Forum 25th June 1972, the Boots " Burn Like A Candle" or "A Night at the Heartbreak Hotel" are far better than HTWWW. The atmosphere of that audience recording, the firecrackers, Plants comments, you can almost smell the weed as the Californians are treated to the band at there very best. Pity the band didn't record the Seattle show from the 19th June. Perhaps the greatest ever Zeppelin show

• 2 weeks later...

Archived