2013 NFL Thread

Strider

So far, a pretty tepid afternoon of NFL action. All that money Miami spent in the offseason to upgrade their offense has resulted in 6 big points. :rolleyes:

And the Steelers only have 2 points vs. the Titans at halftime??? :wtf:

Strider's Raiders only trailing by 7 at the half. I believe the line was 9.5, a lot of points on the line for Strider on that one, lol.

Seattle trailing the Panthers, could the Seahawks road woes from last year be continuing?

My favorite was the Mad Stork Hendricks. What a player. Animal. Versatile. And George Blanda. Remember that 7 game streak where he did everything under the sun to win? He played QB and threw a winning pass. He kicked a bunch of field goals.

Yep, they were awesome back then. The Niners really sucked then and the Raiders were our fall back team in the playoffs. Blanda was amazing. :^)

Patriots survive by the slimmest of margins, your boys played 'em tough Rick...

That stupid fucking Stevie Wonder cost us the game. He cant catch a fucking beach ball but he can catch a real difficult one in the end zone. Manuel tossed hiim the ball on a 3rd down and the knuckle head dropped it. And he dropped 80,000 loyal fans and over a million counting TV viewers from Bills nation on their collective heads. I am so disgusted. Sure, they are getting better. But its little consolation. They end the season up there and payback may be in order. I would not count the Bills out in that division.

After watching some great football all afternoon ( thanks for the free week of Sunday Ticket Direct TV ), Dallas and NY should be ashamed of that sloppy first half.

LOVE my Sunday Ticket too!!! Get to channel surf all afternoon long! Zepscoda, there was plenty of sloppy football to go around yesterday, that's for sure. The 49'ers/Packers game was fantastic. My Cowboys never change - they always try to pull defeat from the jaws of victory - lots of yards, but hardly any touchdowns. Eli ended up with what 4 TD passes, looks like Wilson still can't shake that fumbleitis. Tonight should be rather easy for Washington and Houston - but then again, don't go by my picks!

On to Week 2, for better or worse!

1976 Stabler Raiders vs. 1983 Plunkett Raiders would be a great matchup. As much as I loved the old Oakland teams and will always have a sentimental attachment to them, I think the 1983 Raiders were just a tad deeper in talent and more versatile. The Stabler teams didn't have anybody like Marcus Allen.

Old Raider fan here and I'm inclined to agree. That '83 team's D had 10(!) guys who would make a Pro Bowl at some point in their careers: Long, Alzado, Townsend, Pickel, Martin, Millen, Hendricks, Hayes, Haynes, and McElroy. Three of them (Long, Hendricks, and Haynes) are in the HOF and I'd argue Lester belongs there too, he's been a finalist more than once. And although the '76 offense was more efficient and had more HOF'ers, you're right about the value of Marcus Allen, and Plunkett was money in the big games.

It's a fun debate but I thought it was an insult when NFL Network ranked the '83 team as 20th all time, they should be much higher.