Jimmy Page Interview 1984

His hair is permed. This is 1986. He is on the set of the Live in Peace video for 5 from the Firm. All of this can be found on the Joining Forces DVD. I also screencapped a lot of this interview and have posted it in the hot pics thread in the past. One of them was also my avatar before this one.

Edited by aen27

Why is Jimmy wearing a wig xD

I don't think Page was wearing a wig. I think his hair was permed; hence the uniform curls. Check out his lilac suit! Only rock stars and pimps can get away with wearing something that flashy in public.

Aen27 beat me to it. Yes, it was a perm. Thank you for verifying the year. I didn't think this interview could be from 1984 since Page and the interviewer discuss the Mean Business album.

Edited by Disco Duck

I don't think Page was wearing a wig. I think his hair was permed; hence the uniform curls. Check out his lilac suit! Only rock stars and pimps can get away with wearing something that flashy in public.

Aen27 beat me to it. Yes, it was a perm. Thank you for verifying the year. I didn't think this interview could be from 1984 since Page and the interviewer discuss the Mean Business album.

You're welcome. I love this suit. It reminds me of the bright pink suit that he wore for the Swan Song launch in 1974. Only Jimmy would wear one like this. The interview he did with Roy is from 1984. Edited by aen27

Not to go on, but it may not be a perm. I have the same texture hair as Jimmy does, and if you cut it in layers and style it with the right products, it is curly. If you brush it out, it is wavy, and you can also blow dry it straight (never saw that look on Jimmy actually). I could post pics of myself to illustrate, but I think I'd rather not...as for the suit, it's not my taste, but brunettes can wear these things.

As for the interview, I listened to some of it, but frankly I never was a Bad Company fan and therefore never pursued listening to the Firm, only a few songs. If there are really great songs on those albums that I should own, let me know. The only one I've heard that I liked was the hit, "Radioactive."

It's a perm. Jimmy resisted the 80's look to a great extent and was very careful not to conform to it too much ; that and he was smacked out for most of the 80's anyway....Plant on the other hand.........."love ya" but this was a rather silly time to be a rock star.....even for Robert.

robert-plant-rick-kohlmeyer-1983-wiscons

Not to go on, but it may not be a perm. I have the same texture hair as Jimmy does, and if you cut it in layers and style it with the right products, it is curly. If you brush it out, it is wavy, and you can also blow dry it straight (never saw that look on Jimmy actually). I could post pics of myself to illustrate, but I think I'd rather not...as for the suit, it's not my taste, but brunettes can wear these things.

As for the interview, I listened to some of it, but frankly I never was a Bad Company fan and therefore never pursued listening to the Firm, only a few songs. If there are really great songs on those albums that I should own, let me know. The only one I've heard that I liked was the hit, "Radioactive."

I rate "Satisfaction Guaranteed" ahead of Radioactive for starters. There are others.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjRFTIhxnA

It's a perm. Jimmy resisted the 80's look to a great extent and was very careful not to conform to it too much ; that and he was smacked out for most of the 80's anyway....Plant on the other hand.........."love ya" but this was a rather silly time to be a rock star.....even for Robert.

"Sighing woman, in the night you came,

Took fashion sense, from my mulleted frame..."

Hard to believe this was "the look" for part of a lost decade.

Anyway Robert, you're still at the summit of what matters musically, and that will never change.

(hopin' the belt is buried in a landfill or was auctioned for charity)

Um, excuse me...did someone call for a Haz Mat team??? Damn, I love how Robert looked then just because it is so 1985. Him and the guy from Mr. Mister were sharing stage clothes I believe :sarcastic_hand:

Anyway, Jimmy was not "smacked out" during most of the 80's, he kicked in late 83' or early 84'. He still drank and did blow but, to my knowledge, never rode the horse again.

"Sighing woman, in the night you came,

Took fashion sense, from my mulleted frame..."

Hard to believe this was "the look" for part of a lost decade.

Anyway Robert, you're still at the summit of what matters musically, and that will never change.

(hopin' the belt is buried in a landfill or was auctioned for charity)

Maybe I'm sick but I kinda like the look Plant is rocking in this photo. I like his haircut and tomato red shirt open to the navel. However, the red pants weren't a good idea. Black silk pants would have worked better.

I think he looks fantastic. His permed hair looks a little like a brunette Robert. And I love that suit.

You are right Aen27, only Jimmy could wear this suit in public, and not only get away with it, but look great in it.

His hair in the photo reminds me more of Brian May's trademark mane than Plant's. Only Page has bangs while I don't recall May ever wearing them. Can't you tell I've spent entirely too much time studying celeb hairstyles? :D

His hair in the photo reminds me more of Brian May's trademark mane than Plant's. Only Page has bangs while I don't recall May ever wearing them. Can't you tell I've spent entirely too much time studying celeb hairstyles? :D

Jimmy's is better than both of them. Actually his curls and bang remind me of Brian May's during Coverdale/Page in 1993. Especially here.

dcjpburn.jpg

I love how he suggests that he get the "bird" over to answer the questions for him. Oh Jimmy... :D

And I thought this interview took place in December of 85.

That's the other part I love. I couldn't believe it when I first saw this. :o We need Steve to penpoint exactly when this was filmed, as seeing he always knows the year, date, etc... :P My Joining Forces DVD says 1986. They on the "Live In Peace" set for the 5 from the Firm special.

Edited by aen27