the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

on Monday , we got tickets for Friday the 18th....can't wait!

IMG_4755-1.png

Good for you to get tickets to The Force Awakens on the day it comes out.  I know that it is too late now, but I would love to see this movie on the first day of its release.  I will probably wait about 2 or 3 weeks after it comes out to see this.  By the way, I live about 3 miles from this Cinemark in Plano. 

Question:  How many tickets did you purchase and was the total really $243.7(?)?

Good for you to get tickets to The Force Awakens on the day it comes out.  I know that it is too late now, but I would love to see this movie on the first day of its release.  I will probably wait about 2 or 3 weeks after it comes out to see this.  By the way, I live about 3 miles from this Cinemark in Plano. 

Question:  How many tickets did you purchase and was the total really $243.7(?)?

I think its 12 of us going, my family and 2 other familys in our neighborhood. 

The Joker (Batman Series)

Yeah, and he really got into that part. He's an awesome Joker.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/18/9756716/george-lucas-talks-leaving-star-wars-jar-jar-binks-and-the-force

So I read this interview earlier with George Lucas, and why he left Star Wars. It was a nice interview, but gave me concern when he was asked which character he would be.

Lucas is asked which Star Wars character he would be if given the option. The director responds that although he loves all the characters found within the franchise, he had to go with Jar Jar Binks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Countdown to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

At this very moment in Plano, Texas, it is 1:40 am on Sunday, December 13, 2015.  That means it is approximately 4 days and about 8 hours from being shown in movie theaters all across this great United States of America. 

Or something like that.  Hell, all I know is that it is coming out nationwide on this Friday, December 18, 2015.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU, ALWAYS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Got my ticket, gonna see the movie this wednesday morning at 10 (in the immensely world famous and glorious hyperfantascinating superb nation called The Netherlands and not Holland, since that's just the name of two provinces in our blessed and lovable land).

Long live the King, Willem Alexander!

(And of course also Queen Maxima, who looks actually quite hot when she dresses in leather)

Edited by reswati

on Monday , we got tickets for Friday the 18th....can't wait!

IMG_4755-1.png

Hmmm, $20 bucks a ticket for a first showing...not too bad I guess however I would have had me mum buy the things and use her AARP / senior citizen discount or my military ID, whichever gives the biggest discount.

That and I will wait until the crowds thin out a bit, I will need a clear path of escape should I be forced to shiv someone who uses their cell phone during the movie.

Edited by IpMan

A friend is going to the "Star Wars" premiere at the El Capitan...I'm trying to get him to weasel me in. Meanwhile, I am seeing an advance sneak of Tarantino's "Hateful 8" today.

Lemme know how hateful 8 was...gonna see that one with one of my co-workers soon, as she thought it might be a good input for me.

May the force be with your weaseling......hope Star Wars really kicks ass the way it should.

Regards, Res Wat Kenobi.

Edited by reswati

For all who love the series as much as I.......

Some old pics from an old Star Wars nerd:

Pics from some old conventions.

1. Hoth gun

2. Kenny Baker autograph

3. Amidala lookalike and a small pic of Dave Prowse (Darth Vader, the old guy in the blue shirt to the right)

4. Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka) and Warwick Davies (Wicket the Ewok..also portrayed Willow in the movie of that name)

5. Millennium Falcon cockpit, real scale (yes I pulled the hyperspace handle whe nobody was looking).and Jar Jar.

12189777_852605098192470_8066355670240732684_n.jpg

11196313_764750390311275_8248275381387146303_n.jpg

11210515_764746183645029_4569614757105074483_n.jpg

11188209_764746196978361_4178855656404493313_n.jpg

11212756_764746200311694_466221501046261672_n.jpg

Edited by reswati