Am I the only one here....

Catherine Warr

Musically I think everyone respects her.

On a serious note: she is famous by association and has no discernible talent to speak of. Yes, she suffered a tragedy and lost her spouse; but so do lots of other people. Not sure what she has done to earn your respect? conversely, I'm not sure what she really did to illicit such contempt in many people's eyes (other than be blamed for breaking up a band over 40 years ago) I can't believe anyone still holds that against her other than deluded Beatles fans who need to move on already. Had she married Gerry from Gerry and the Pacemakers - we wouldn't be having this conversation.

How about this in The Beatles thread?Jeez!

Well, seeing as you are policing the site, I'm sure you know there are about 40+ Beatles topics that aren't in the "official" Beatles thread. As the OP is clearly new to the site, maybe you could have pleasantly informed the OP that there is already a Beatles thread (that 40 other people have failed to use) and that it is worth getting into the habit of checking the search function for the title of a topic before you post. Or you could just be a douche.

Without Yoko there would have been no Mozart, no Beethoven, no Rembrandt or Van Gogh, neither would there have been no Teletubbies..............nothing at all.

I love her immensely both physically (she is by far the most attractive human being ever, just thinking of her makes me horny) as well as a source of inspiration.

I even brush my teeth to her music.

Thanks for starting this thread, I now finally know that I am not alone.

Edited by reswati

I didn't know about all the other Beatle topics. Why do I respect Yoko? Because whatever she would do would be scrutinized. Yes, she can't sing for shit, but at least she had the guts to do it in front of people.

Agreed. She also influenced a lot of female artists...The B-52's for starters.. John Lennon loved the B-52's.

I would think she influenced Diamanda Galas as well .. Even though Diamanda has insane power and range.. I hear some Yoko influence in her music.

She's more of an Avant Garde Performance Artist than a singer..

Catherine nailed it... she had the guts to go for it.

I wonder what the lovely Miss Perry's opinion of Yoko's cover is...

It probably made her blue hair fall out

This is a GREAT SONG... Walking on The Thin Ice.. They were working on this on John's last night alive..

Edited by the chase

...who respects Yoko Ono? The Beatles were already close to breaking point when Brian Epstein died in 1967, so Yoko wasn't the only cause. She was John's soul mate. Who else agrees?

I'm gonna go with you're the only one. LOL

Posting this in Other Bands / Music would have probably attracted less ridicule.

Seriously, welcome.

I'm fairly confident everyone, including myself, is just goofing on you a little.

No hard feelings.

i don't have an opinion of her as a person, but her music ...... er just utter crap.

john putting her songs on that last album really pissed me off. at least he could have put hers all on one side, so i could have just played the other!

That's exactly why he didn't.

Double Fantasy is a brilliant album.

She seems like a nice person and all, but she only gained fame because she married Lennon. She has no musical talent at all (ex. the video posted above and the Let it Be sessions) and has said more than one rude comment to/about Paul McCartney.

Adding on to the musical talent that she doesn't have, her screaming like a cat during Yer Blues at the Toronto Peace Festival in 1969 is utterly annoying, as well as doing that same thing when John jammed with Chuck Berry.

I certainly wouldn't say that Ono broke up the Beatles. There are tons of more valid reasons than that. But she made matters worse when John broke the "no girlfriends in the studio" rule, although Paul brought Linda to some of the sessions.

Edited by ledzepfilm

Yoko Ono is a blight and canker sore on the subject of music. A terrible “singer”, a terrible song writer, incapable of creating melody! She is a joke and most likely has a damaged nose from all of the nose candy…She isn’t an artist either - she is an unbalanced crank who had a serious drug problem that most likely stems from being a damaged human being related to her personal life.

My point:

This is an excellent performance, but Yoko just doesn't belong.

"In the mornin' -YAAAAHAAAAHAAYAH- Wanna die - YAHOOOOAAAHHOOAH......" :D And she has that piece if paper like she needs a chord or lyric sheet for that godawful squealing. I honestly don't know what Lennon saw in her. Great performance besides Ono, though. Clapton needs to be turned UP, and Yoko needs to be turned DOWN.

I think people always neglect to feel any sort of sympathy for Yoko where it is actually required.

The poor woman was accused by the media and fans for years and years for breaking up the "best band in the world" and she was subject to so much hate from so many people who picked her out for her race and sex - no one knows about "John Rennon's Escrusive Gloupie" and all the ridicule she faced.

Not to mention that she then had to watch her husband die in her arms and then all the fallout ensued with Paul over songwriting credits and she was again antagonised for wanting to honour John's memory.

And Ono's philanthropic work goes largely uncredited. I acknowledge that her music is definitely not superior, but the messages and concepts behind them are more important than anything else and I don't think enough people respect her as a political activist, and rather just remember her as John Lennon's Asian girlfriend.

"In the mornin' -YAAAAHAAAAHAAYAH- Wanna die - YAHOOOOAAAHHOOAH......" :D And she has that piece if paper like she needs a chord or lyric sheet for that godawful squealing. I honestly don't know what Lennon saw in her. Great performance besides Ono, though. Clapton needs to be turned UP, and Yoko needs to be turned DOWN.

:hysterical:

That's fucking funny! That Peace for Toronto concert (besides the screaming cat) is great.