The Real Nelson Mandela

apantherfrommd

Interesting video, CBR, in that RIP Mandela thread. Even the music was upbeat. Nice find by redrum, as well. You got guts. You know they're gonna label you a racist for those posts. Probably me too for this thread. I don't think any of those that spoke contrary to the sainthood of Mandela are pro apartheid. From what I've read on their posts, there's nothing of the like. However, if someone is being crystalized as a saint in the press, people will be labeled something one way or another for speaking negatively, even if it's the truth.

I can respect someone not wishing their thread derailed if they are doing so to honor a person, and I apologize for speaking my peace in that one. I figured I'd post this small thread. Unlike that one, I don't care what direction this thread goes in. I won't cry foul if someone wants to add their voice against what I put up. It be my guess few or none would post nor read this thread. It goes against the grain of what people have been programmed to believe. So be it.

It's ashame so many get their history lessons from the Mainstream Media, instead of doing a little research. Mandela did some good things. He was an intelligent man. But he just replaced one tyranny for another. Most people think the move against apartheid was as the civil rights movement of the 60's (a white on black) thing. I'm no expert, but I know better than many. South Africa is so much worse now. Though you won't hear it in the mainstream news.

Anyone who ever scratched below the surface of the guy knows he and his associates were ruthless people who engaged in and promoted atrocities that paled in comparison to their oppressors. The ANC? Winnie "Necklace" Mandela? Jacob Zuma?

The guy was a scumbag, no better than the people he was fighting against.

For many, many years now I have entertained the opinions of others and scoured a myriad of resources seeking insight into why Nelson Mandela is so revered. Unfortunately, it always seems to come down to this alone: he was imprisoned for 27 years and then became a symbol ...of forgiveness, reconciliation, whatever.

Well, so far as I am concerned there is no real substance to that; I leave symbols to the symbol-minded.

I don't mean to be sound dismissive of his contributions to society, frankly I'm still trying to ascertain exactly what those contributions are aside from becoming South Africa's first black lawyer and first black President. Generally speaking, lawyers who become politicians are a dime a dozen.

Anyway, as I understand it, he abandoned the principle of non-violence for terrorism, got caught, pled guilty and was sentenced. While imprisoned he continued to wage a campaign of terror which murdered innocent men, women and children. As I stated in the arguably unnecessary and apparently sacrosanct Nelson Mandela

RIP thread, if you want to wage war against the military forces of Apartheid, no problem - game on! However, Mandela and his cohorts made no distinction between

combatants and non-combatants. As a by the way, his then-wife Winnie is closely associated with a terrorism technique called "necklacing". Check it out, but I must warn you with peace and love it's very unsettling.

Mandela's supporters have said we must consider his accomplishments in office and after returning to private life. As an underlying premise that's fine, but we could argue just how effective he was as a President and besides history should not turn a blind eye to the darker corners of his so called legacy. No other world figures or

politicians get such a free pass, why should he?

I will say this, Mandela's publicists/public relations staff are worth their weight in diamonds, for they have gradually turned a convicted terrorist into a modern day Yoda.

Suffice to say for me Nelson Mandela is a controversial figure, at least for anyone with awareness of his FULL life story.

‘We’ve kind of made him into Santa Claus. He wasn’t. He had tremendous anger and bitterness in his heart,’ Stengel said. ‘What made him such a fantastic and astonishing politician was that he never let anyone see that.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2520408/DOMINIC-LAWSON-He-giant--absurd-BBC-compare-Mandela-Christ.html

Interesting video, CBR, in that RIP Mandela thread. Even the music was upbeat. Nice find by redrum, as well. You got guts. You know they're gonna label you a racist for those posts. Probably me too for this thread.

Looks like those posts have disappeared. Good luck with the thread panther. Like they say, some people can't handle the truth.

You mean political issues? Wot?

You have a brain I take it?

People have pointed out about Mandela/terrorism and becoming a politician. Well these guys in Northern Ireland were terrorists who became politicians. Hence the link.

You have a brain I take it?

People have pointed out about Mandela/terrorism and becoming a politician. Well these guys in Northern Ireland were terrorists who became politicians. Hence the link.

As a free thinker you can not have my brain.Yours is a mess.Keep it. Now thanks for the troubles,....

As a free thinker you can not have my brain.Yours is a mess.Keep it. Now thanks for the troubles,....

Hopeless case anjin san. You are doing more thread jacking than anyone. My links have a valid purpose for those wishing to understand the links for terrorism and politicians. because without politics there would have been be less terrroism in the world. Mandela isn't the only person to have come through that pathway so before people just condemn they need to understand what drives such behaviour and thinking. Now go back to sleep.

And too add without denial, George Washington helped wipe out a bunch of the Iroquois during the French and Indian War. However, I wish you or someone would specify what you mean as "his people". Are you talking about black people?

In South Africa, it is more than black and white. You're leaving out tribalism, and the like. Far different than it was here. Winnie mainly went after and killed black people. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/59727 The ANC members would take black people and hack their hands off or tie them behind the person's back with barbed-wire. Then a gasoline-filled tire would be set alight around the victim's neck and they would slowly and very painfully burn to death. Winnie Mandela will be attending the funeral along side the US. present and former establishment puppets and their wives.

I don't see Washington, regardless of what you can say about him, sold out and betrayed his people as Mandela did when he got out of jail.

Yes and the Founding Fathers owned slaves while fighting for "freedom." Loyalists were tarred and feathered. Nelson Mandela was not always a peaceful man, but then I don't think most of us would be either if we were treated as horribly as his people were (are).

Whoa!

Blast from the past!!!

How goes, muh man?

Long time, no see.

Word just got out that South Africa has denied a visa to the Dalai Lama, who wanted to attend Mandela's funeral, caving to pressure from China.

So much for wanting peace.

The largest meeting (in history) of Heads of State will be in South Africa shortly I am told.

@Drop Down: South Africa has been sympathetic to Communists concerns for many years.

@planted: More symbolism over substance, and besides I'm uncertain if it is true.

And too add without denial, George Washington helped wipe out a bunch of the Iroquois during the French and Indian War. However, I wish you or someone would specify what you mean as "his people". Are you talking about black people?

In South Africa, it is more than black and white. You're leaving out tribalism, and the like. Far different than it was here. Winnie mainly went after and killed black people. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/59727 The ANC members would take black people and hack their hands off or tie them behind the person's back with barbed-wire. Then a gasoline-filled tire would be set alight around the victim's neck and they would slowly and very painfully burn to death. Winnie Mandela will be attending the funeral along side the US. present and former establishment puppets and their wives.

I don't see Washington, regardless of what you can say about him, sold out and betrayed his people as Mandela did when he got out of jail.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Archived