2014 Grammy Awards - January 26th/2014

SandraAnn

The one good thing about Led Zeppelin being awarded their Grammy before the show is now I don't have to watch this ridiculous song and dance of a cat and dog show and wait for the awards to be announced in their categories! Praise The Lord!

The one good thing about Led Zeppelin being awarded their Grammy before the show is now I don't have to watch this ridiculous song and dance of a cat and dog show and wait for the awards to be announced in their categories! Praise The Lord!

Oh, poo!

It's fun...

You didn't miss anything, really.

As I said to my grown kids this evening:

I was never a fan of Madonna...I simply didnt get her!! I was more into The Pretenders and Benatar..

Ray Of Light was excellent.. that was about it for me.

I'm also a Pretenders and Pat Benatar fan..

I respect Beyonce's talent and voice.. but I think she's a total glory hound. Bugs the hell out of me.

Also it's kind of sad that the only way a great classic band like Chicago can get on the Grammy's is to perform a duet with a flavor of the month artist.

Ray Of Light was excellent.. that was about it for me.

I'm also a Pretenders and Pat Benetar fan..

I respect Beyonce's talent and voice.. but I think she's a total glory hound. Bugs the hell out of me.

Also it's kind of sad that the only way a great classic band like Chicago can get on the Grammy's is to perform a duet with a flavor of the month artist.

I hear you..I was cheering when Chicago came on!!! And cheering even still that my kids knew the songs!!

But Thicke?!?

Ugh...

... Sean Ono Lennon is going for the old man's Hey Jude look.

"Psst ... Smile Taylor .. You didn't win.. But you're on camera...so look happy".

This must be the "year of the Hat".

I thought I saw Jay Kay about 5 times tonight.

Shameless at 11:00

You mean to tell me that I've wasted 3 hours of my life watching this cra... and they already announced and gave out the awards for the two catagories that LZ was up for? Really? Well I can say, this is the first time I've watched the Grammy's in probably 15 years and it will definitely be my last. Done!

You mean to tell me that I've wasted 3 hours of my life watching this cra... and they already announced and gave out the awards for the two catagories that LZ was up for? Really? Well I can say, this is the first time I've watched the Grammy's in probably 15 years and it will definitely be my last. Done!

AMEN !

Planted : i totally agree with you on Madonna and Pink. Pink is huge here in Australia. I think it's her personality that they all like. she does seem kind of aussie ...

and, why oh why, would a category such as Rock Album of the Year, NOT be important enough to be broadcast?

Ridiculous.

no wonder they didn't attend.

^^ Hello you crazy cajun! LMAO!!!! :hysterical: This is why I do not watch the grammys. It is like a root canal without novocaine IMHO. Another channel was already posting that earlier awards were....you guessed it.

Hi ledded^^ LOL! I did not watch it so not sure. This is the only thing I can find about them winning currently...ridiculous!!! I can barely understand Ozzy :o

BLACK SABBATH WINS BEST METAL PERFORMANCE GRAMMY, LED ZEPPELIN WINS AS WELL

^ArtisanNewsService

Not that any of us have been able to understand what he's said over the last 20 years or whatever! :bagoverhead: You can't say it's a British dialect like cockney, when it is tough to understand some from Britain as Ozzy is originally from the Birmingham area as is Robert Plant, who always speaks so well and coherently. Don't know how else to explain this. It's just Ozzy being himself!

Not that any of us have been able to understand what he's said over the last 20 years or whatever! :bagoverhead: You can't say it's a British dialect like cockney, when it is tough to understand some from Britain as Ozzy is originally from the Birmingham area as is Robert Plant, who always speaks so well and coherently. Don't know how else to explain this. It's just Ozzy being himself!

Just looking at the still of ths clip youi can see Geezer and Tony thinking " WTF is he saying"? :blink:

Just looking at the still of ths clip youi can see Geezer and Tony thinking " WTF is he saying"? :blink:

I could sense Tony and Geezer's discomfort as Ozzy moved nearer the mic.They, more than us, realise it's a moment fraught with danger.

One piece I caught from Ozzy was that "People thought we weren't worthy".

I thought in previous years they would always announce winners, even if they were not there. I watched out of being curious of current music scene and wanting to see paul and ringo, as the media was alluding that they would do a song. I found the song underwhelming. I don't understand why they chose a new song, with rollicking music and alot of lyrics. I didnt expect a beatles song, but wasnt expecting a song that sounds like a music teacher would write. the beatles bar is way to high for that.Yet I thought ringos reminiscent solo song worked.

I liked the keith urban, gary clark jr song, the willie nelson, chris christoferin, merle haggard songs, the metallica and nin qotsa songs.

With metallica, the idea was good...but the song was cut so short, that the sections didn't work the way they could have. The piano added tension and chaos to the song, sorta a page noise effects 77 kinda thing, but to many listeners it probably came across just as chaos.

The show was eclectic, or as the grammy organizers would think, all encompassing. Atleast they are embracing the times and not ignoring top acts, as they did. It was fairly split up between pop, hip hop, country and rock. I guess production type, performance pieces are here to stay. It seems like a broadway play to me, but that's what is popular. Rock seems like its the underdog these days, but that could be a good thing. One other thing I noticed as well, was the filming, especially the non performance/rock stuff. There were too many close ups and not enough medium distance, band shots...and ofcourse way fast editing. Add intense lighting and it got ridiculous at times.

Anyway...Zeppelin! Zeppelin! Zeppelin!

Archived