Song Premiere: Robert Plant's Bold New Band

The Pagemeister

Robert has travelled the world as one of the most enduring, respected, loved, and iconic vocal and musical geniuses.

He has seen unimaginable things in the most remote places and in the most travelled.

He has felt indescribable Joy and he has embraced the horror of the Abyss.

He has lost a son...a tragedy beyond comprehension. A life-long weight on the heart, a raging storm of the Soul.

Robert has held audience with the most import world leaders of the last 45 years - most of the time at THEIR invitation.

Ask Tony Blair about Robert's intelligence and influence...Robert once scolded HIM, face to face, about his (Tony's) position

regarding the Iraqi war.

And yet -

His Love endures and rises as the Sun in the Eastern sky...time after time.

And ye dare say, perhaps out of mortal ignorance, that Robert Plant wants to be the "TOP DOG" in any format

and in any measure....

Robert Plant doesn't "Want" to be anything - especially a "Top Dog" as you say.

However, if anyone IS a Top Dog - Robert Plant is the mother-fuckin' TOP of the Top Dogs!

Ok - back on topic...I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE the new single "Rainbow", pure classic Robert

mystical soul music!

Robert has travelled the world as one of the most enduring, respected, loved, and iconic vocal and musical geniuses.

He has seen unimaginable things in the most remote places and in the most travelled.

He has lost a son...a tragedy beyond comprehension. A life-long weight on the heart, a raging storm of the Soul.

Robert has held audience with the most import world leaders of the last 45 years - most of the time at THEIR invitation.

Ask Tony Blair about Robert's intelligence and influence...Robert once scolded HIM, face to face, about his (Tony's) position

regarding the Iraqi war.

And yet -

And ye dare say, perhaps out of mortal ignorance, that Robert Plant wants to be the "TOP DOG" in any format

and in any measure....

You said that so so well,I also do happen to love the new song!!!!! I just so bad want to see him before he retires,I am fearing I will never get the chance as has not even gotten close to me..I have my Paul McCartney tickets for the 12th but not to pumped

Don't always need a Zep comparison, when regarding Robert's solo material. Enough of this as it's gotten worn out!

Plant himself mentions "Zep" when referring to this new material, so it's definitely not worn out. If he wants to troll out the Zep card during promotion, he's fair game at being called out when/if others don't concur with the comparison.

regarding the Iraqi war.

And yet -

and in any measure....

Can you or will you provide "proof" (either written or video) that Robert Plant "scolded" Tony Blair for Tony's position regarding the Iraqi War?

I do not doubt you, however, I am a little skeptical that Robert Plant would "Challenge" the Leader of His Home Country when it comes to Security and Foreign Affairs and matters that have Serious National Security Implications for England and Its Protector, the United States Of America!!!

I cannot see Robert Plant disparaging his Home country, the United Kingdom, and His second Home Country, the Great United States of America, (specifically, Austin, Texas). I could be wrong or very wrong, or right or Very Right.

I cannot see Robert Plant disparaging his Home country, the United Kingdom, and His second Home Country, the Great United States of America, (specifically, Austin, Texas). I could be wrong or very wrong, or right or Very Right.

I think he would claim Wales as his spiritual/second home country before anywhere else, and possibly Morocco before the United States.

Plant himself mentions "Zep" when referring to this new material, so it's definitely not worn out. If he wants to troll out the Zep card during promotion, he's fair game at being called out when/if others don't concur with the comparison.

Yes, I was surprised when he mentioned Zep he always seems to want to stay clear of the past

I think he would claim Wales as his spiritual/second home country before anywhere else, and possibly Morocco before the United States.

It was never a matter of Robert disparaging one country or another. His "discussion" with Tony Blair, who was Prime Minister at the time, was regarding Great Britain's use of troops and force in the Iraqi war. Robert believed that Mr Blair was being a puppet to the USA Pres. Bush's mis - informed war against the Iraqi people - who were the real victims. As we see today Iraq is no better off now than they were in the 90 ' s and 2000's when war was brought to their doorstep. Robert had his doubts back then and has been proven correct today. Tony Blair and Robert were friends at one time but i believe the policies of that earlier war footing caused a rift between them.

I like the song, lou reed's, street hassle has the same/similar riff and he runs the riff straight through the song too. It made me think, I would like to hear a demo of page and plant's, most high, with just the initial hypnotic riff right through the song, without the sweeping kashmir stuff added....to hear it all basic.

This sounds very different from raising sand and band of Joy and band is a mix of his pre Sand band and some great new additions.Sad to see much of whats on here turned into a Plant now vs Zep in their prime argument ...If the guy does something new or reworks an old song in a new way u don't have to listen but to think a band with 1/4 of the members deceased can "reunite" is ridiculous Led Zeppelin played their last show ever 34 years ago today. Enjoy what u like I am more interested in Robert's new cd than the remasters I have heard hundreds of time minus 2014 tweaking and a few great lost trax...Since I've Been Loving You is truly awesome tho from 3's companion

Archived