Plane down with 280 passengers. Russians denying involvement

LedZeppfan77

All over the news. Malaysian plane believed to have been shot down,.

Surface to air missile suspected but nothing is confirmed.

Ukraine says they will prove that Russia did this. But they do have quite a bias. They hate Russia. We have to see how impelling the evidence is. There is major doubt of the Russians shooting down a commercial airliner.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Russian backed Rebels admitted to doing it online . they thought it was a ukrainian cargo plane and when they realized what it actually was they deleted it and deny it now.

putin should never have given them those weapons. but i think that was why the Obama administration put in place new sanctions just recently.

This is same Putin who was the mover and shaker of the KGB

the same Putin who had this fellow killed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

The same Putin who had this man's face turned into a bucket of acid:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1562838/Yushchenko-Russia-blocking-poisoning-probe.html

And the same Putin who has had reporters shoved down elevator shafts. Politicians can be a slimy disgusting unprincipled bunch, but Putin is a scum bag and true to his KGB roots...

Russian backed Rebels admitted to doing it online . they thought it was a ukrainian cargo plane and when they realized what it actually was they deleted it and deny it now.

putin should never have given them those weapons. but i think that was why the Obama administration put in place new sanctions just recently.

Your info may have merit. Rebels have not allowed anyone on the site including the Ukraines. This is a mess. Reports over an hour ago that the black boxes were found and would go to Moscow, ensuring a coverup if Russia did have any involvement in firing a missile. Some do not believe they have the boxes yet. Remember it is dark there and near midnight. Obama has been evasive at best. Not wanting to jump the gun understandably. Bodies in their seats in the fields still. No reason for an attack on this airliner. Likely a coincidence but the same airline as flight 370 that is STILL lost at sea

from what i heard they had to change their route due to weather. and sadly i think it's very much about saving money also. i think it's up to the airlines/country to decide in some cases whether they will take that risk.

The Malaysian plane/pilot did nothing wrong. It was travelling in a well used flight path from Europe to Kuala Lumpur and was 1000 ft above the restricted safety flying height. There would have been about another 40 or 50 aircrafts flying over the Ukrane at the same time.

It was shot down with land to air missiles given to the Ukraine by Russia, although from the live recordings, it appears like it wasn't planned on being a commercial airline.

27 Australians on board :(

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

It'll be another finger pointing game, unless there is legitimate hard evidence. I'm sure conspiracy theorists are already ramping up some crazy scenarios....

Am I to understand there are at least 20 Americans who were on board this flight?

WHAAAAT????

Whole different ball game....

My daughter is due to travel abroad this time next year...

23 Americans died, if I understand correctly

I hope your daughter is traveling to a safer part of the world

I've spent considerable time in SA. I loved it -- great people and spectacular scenery. She'll need to be careful, though. I would suggest (if possible) that she travel in groups and stick to the Garden Route and Cape Town areas.

I've spent considerable time in SA. I loved it -- great people and spectacular scenery. She'll need to be careful, though. I would suggest (if possible) that she travel in groups and stick to the Garden Route and Cape Town areas.

IF she goes, it will be with a guided tour. But thank you so much for your interest and advice.

May I keep in touch if and when the need arises?

Ukraine released this video stating Russian rebels fired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyZYgSXdyw

Real or fake video admission? Not sure.

Doesn't matter too much to me at the moment who shot it down.

My heart goes out to the friends and families of those killed.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

I'm joining in with you, Walter. So sad.

IF she goes, it will be with a guided tour. But thank you so much for your interest and advice.

May I keep in touch if and when the need arises?

A guided tour is DEFINITELY the way to go. The guides will keep her safe.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to keep in touch and/or exchange contact info, etc.

This is same Putin who was the mover and shaker of the KGB

the same Putin who had this fellow killed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

The same Putin who had this man's face turned into a bucket of acid:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1562838/Yushchenko-Russia-blocking-poisoning-probe.html

And the same Putin who has had reporters shoved down elevator shafts. Politicians can be a slimy disgusting unprincipled bunch, but Putin is a scum bag and true to his KGB roots...

I've always said Putin is a thug in a suit. He reminds me of a Mob enforcer. His first, second and last reaction to any problem is muscle for all that he has a law degree.

When I came home from work yesterday and turned on the tv, there was a news special going on about the plane crash.

We all know there is speculation going on about the plane being shot down. No matter who is respnsible, it aiready is astonishing that

a civilian airliner has been shot down, killing hundreds of people who were on their way to their vacation-destination or maybe even to visit family.

I am burning a candle for all those who lost family, friends or others dear to them in this terrible crash.....

Wishing them strength and wisdom during these sad times........

candle-02.jpg

amazing how there is plane wreckage, one thought after 2001 the laws of physics had changed forever? ;)

this is sad but its also serving as a great distraction from the Gaza conflict in which 1 Israeli soldier has died and 200 (and rising) palestinian civilians have been murdered, so much for peace

A weapon that's designed to hit a plane 1/10th the size, >2x as fast & can pull 9 Gs is not going to miss an airliner - that's like standing over a tortoise w/a double barrel shotgun. This was a deliberate attack, the only thing that remains to be seen is to what extent those responsible will be held accountable.

Shooting the plane down was deliberate. Whether or not the shooter(s) realized that it was a civilian airplane remains to be seen. Sadly, it's not the first time, military forces have shot down a civilian plane. Remember the incident when the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian airliner? Then there was the incident in which a Soviet fighter jet destroyed a Korean Airlines passenger jet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/17/korean-airlines-flight-007-history/12786285/

The Korean airlines shoot-down seemed particularly horrible. A plane taking off from NY and bound for Paris was also (perhaps) accidentally shot down by the US Navy back in the 90's. Other airline disasters have had "questionable" causes as well. It's all very sad.

Edited by Pagefan55