Plane down with 280 passengers. Russians denying involvement

LedZeppfan77

It seems that every time there's a story about some national or international tragedy, the local news has to put a local spin on it.

When I turned on the news to hear the story about the plane being shot down over Ukraine, I waited to see how they would shoehorn in some twist about a "Chicago connection" to the tragedy.
Keep in mind, that Ukraine is probably about as far away from Chicago as you could get on this planet.
But there's a producer somewhere in the station who thinks that these tragedies are more interesting if there's a local connection somewhere.
So, sure enough, they came on with a big banner at the bottom that said "CHICAGO CONNECTION" then said before a commercial, "Stay tuned on how this is going to impact Chicagoans"
I'm thinking 'What the FUCK could this possibly have to do with Chicagoans and how are they going to twist it to somehow be more relevant to local people?" ( As if we wouldn't care about the tragedy unless there's somebody we know on the plane)
By any stretch of the imagination, could there possibly be a connection? Does a plane being shot down somehow rain its debris on Chicago? Could this event possibly have any impact on the two airports here? No and No.
So they come back from commercial and the "local" connection is that they interview some doctor who used to live in Ukraine and he's actually on his smartphone reading his Facebook about how he MAY know someone who MAY have been on the plane!

How is this relevant? How does this impact local people? This tidbit is completely out of proportion to what the pre-commercial teaser lead us to believe.
I'm just exhausted by how manipulative and pandering the news on all networks has become.

I flew commercial into Kabul, Afghanistan and Baghdad, Iraq since 2007.

Interesting. Did the pilots take any evasive maneuvers/unusual flights paths into those airports? Did you and the other passengers feel safe?

It seems that every time there's a story about some national or international tragedy, the local news has to put a local spin on it.

When I turned on the news to hear the story about the plane being shot down over Ukraine, I waited to see how they would shoehorn in some twist about a "Chicago connection" to the tragedy.
Keep in mind, that Ukraine is probably about as far away from Chicago as you could get on this planet.
But there's a producer somewhere in the station who thinks that these tragedies are more interesting if there's a local connection somewhere.
So, sure enough, they came on with a big banner at the bottom that said "CHICAGO CONNECTION" then said before a commercial, "Stay tuned on how this is going to impact Chicagoans"
I'm thinking 'What the FUCK could this possibly have to do with Chicagoans and how are they going to twist it to somehow be more relevant to local people?" ( As if we wouldn't care about the tragedy unless there's somebody we know on the plane)
By any stretch of the imagination, could there possibly be a connection? Does a plane being shot down somehow rain its debris on Chicago? Could this event possibly have any impact on the two airports here? No and No.
So they come back from commercial and the "local" connection is that they interview some doctor who used to live in Ukraine and he's actually on his smartphone reading his Facebook about how he MAY know someone who MAY have been on the plane!

How is this relevant? How does this impact local people? This tidbit is completely out of proportion to what the pre-commercial teaser lead us to believe.

I'm just exhausted by how manipulative and pandering the news on all networks has become.

They do that type of crap here in Sacramento too. It's complete garbage. If it was something similar to what Steve said about the aviation industry, i could understand. But yeesh, carter you should have ran down to that station and slapped them silly.

I just returned from a family get-together at our favorite bbq joint. They had a television turned on CNN but turned down low. I gather that from the news trailers, they have verified that at least two of the passengers were American. My prayers go out to their family. They mentioned another family that has suffered a catastrophic loss. A grandfather on the Malaysian airliner was taking his three grandchildren to their parents in Malaysia. How does anyone recover from the loss of three children and their father at the same time?

I just returned from a family get-together at our favorite bbq joint. They had a television turned on CNN but turned down low. I gather that from the news trailers, they have verified that at least two of the passengers were American. My prayers go out to their family. They mentioned another family that has suffered a catastrophic loss. A grandfather on the Malaysian airliner was taking his three grandchildren to their parents in Malaysia. How does anyone recover from the loss of three children and their father at the same time?

It's impossible to imagine the pain the rest of the family are going through.

You're just finding that out? :)

Uh. No, but but their tactics have reached a new low. I've been following the decline of the news for years now and I thought this tragic event may have been tragic enough for local news to allow to pass without their spin. I wasn't expecting much and wasn't disappointed.

They do that type of crap here in Sacramento too. It's complete garbage. If it was something similar to what Steve said about the aviation industry, i could understand. But yeesh, carter you should have ran down to that station and slapped them silly.

Apparently,this sort of garbage journalism is nationwide. And I did want to run down to the station and slap them! This isn't the first time I've seen this tactic but its the most recent and worthy of comment.

Regarding what Steve said; Its logical to say that the events in Ukraine would have an impact on local travelers who may plan to fly over that dangerous air space. That point is understood.

But that's not the gist of what the local news was saying when they baited viewers with their broadcast on the day of the tragedy.

Its beyond pandering.

I've often thought that there should be content warnings for every program on TV these days.

I mean, there are letter designations for mature content, language and sex on the broadcast networks. So there should be filter content for programs other than with M,S,L V content.

There should also be the following letters for content warnings where we could filter these out the same way a mother wouldn't want her child to view any program with mature content:

S-Sensationalized

E-Exaggerated

P-Pandering

R-Reality or Rednecks

F-Fabricated

M-Misleading

The news is so repetitive. Is there any concrete evidence yet as to who may have done this? A Russian cover up is expected. The Black Boxes do not belong in the hands of people that lie. One tech said if they come back and say the boxes are too damaged, its a lie. .These things are very well built, to withstand far greater damage.

The news is so repetitive. Is there any concrete evidence yet as to who may have done this? A Russian cover up is expected. The Black Boxes do not belong in the hands of people that lie. One tech said if they come back and say the boxes are too damaged, its a lie. .These things are very well built, to withstand far greater damage.

You would think the black boxes would go to the airline itself, right? It IS their property after all.

You would think the black boxes would go to the airline itself, right? It IS their property after all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the FAA get the black boxes if an American plane is involved or the plane goes down on American soil? I don't know what the protocol is if it's not an American plane or happens outside the US.

by Tony Cartalucci | Land Destroyer | July 22, 2014

Russia has now shown its satellite pictures and radar information from the Donetsk, Ukraine region during the July 17, 2014 Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash.

The Wall Street Journal reported in its article, Russia Presents Its Account of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Crash, that:

Russias Defense Ministry on Monday presented its first detailed account of the final moments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, saying Russian radar had spotted a second aircraft in the vicinity shortly before the crash and that satellite imagery showed Ukraine had moved missile systems into the area before the incident.

At a news conference, air force chief Igor Makushev didnt say who the ministry thought had fired the missile that apparently brought down the airliner on Thursday.

The Wall Street Journal also reported:

In an elaborate presentation displaying radar and satellite imagery, Mr. Makushev said it was likely that the second airplane was a Ukrainian fighter jet. He also showed satellite photos allegedly portraying several Buk ground-to-air missile systems in the area close to where the plane crashed. The systems, he said, could only belong to the Ukrainian military. Ukraine has accused Russia of giving the rebels a Buk system, with which they then shot down the passenger jet.

Mr. Makushev said the airplane deviated from its course by 14 kilometers, but then attempted to return to its course, before crashing shortly after.

He said Russia is prepared to hand all of the information it has to European authorities, which included satellite imagery and data from its own radars.

Indeed, the evidence suggested Kievs regime deployed anti-air missile systems in Donetsk in and around the area where flight MH17 crashed. They also provided information regarding Ukrainian warplanes trailing flight MH17, the possibility of an air-to-air attack on MH17, and inconsistencies with Ukrainian air traffic control.

There were a series of questions asked throughout the presentation nothing was concluded which is in direct contrast to the West which has shown the world nothing in terms of evidence, but has drawn many inflammatory, politically-motivated conclusions. Russia has shown a great deal of evidence directly contradicting the Wests baseless claims.

Now it’s time for the Pentagon to show the world their pictures and data along with their explanations.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

US: No evidence of direct Russian link to plane

Associated Press

By KEN DILANIAN

48 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) Senior U.S. intelligence officials say they have no evidence of direct Russian government involvement in the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

They say the passenger jet was likely felled by an SA-11 surface-to-air missile fired by Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine and that Russia "created the conditions" for the downing by arming the separatists.

The officials briefed reporters Tuesday under ground rules that their names not be used in discussing intelligence related to last week's air disaster, which killed 298 people.

They said they did not know if any Russians were present at the missile launch, and they wouldn't say that the missile crew was trained in Russia.

A senior official said the most likely explanation was the plane was shot down by mistake.

Archived