Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 2 weeks later...

This from Bill German, author of Under Their Thumb:

Hi everyone,

If you thought this year marks the Stones' 50th anniversary, think again. The Stones are telling us that we're off by a year. Log on to Beggars Banquet Online for an explanation, and for the latest roundup of Stones news:

http://www.beggarsbanquetonline.com/news.htm

And hey, if you live near Sacramento, San Francisco or Los Angeles, I'd love to meet you at one of my "Under Their Thumb" presentations this coming week. Or in New York City next month. All events are free. Itinerary below, but for more info, go to http://www.billgerman.com/events.html

Hope to see ya!

Bill German

* Saturday, April 21, at 3 pm: Colusa City Hall (425 Webster St. in Colusa,

near Sacramento)

* Monday, April 23, at 7 pm: Fairfax Public Library in Marin County (2097

Francis Drake Blvd., in Fairfax)

* Tuesday, April 24, at 6 pm: San Francisco Public Library (main branch, 100

Larkin St., near the Civic Center)

* Friday, April 27, at 7:30 pm: The Last Bookstore (453 South Spring St. in

downtown Los Angeles; event will include a free screening of Gimme Shelter)

* Thursday, May 17, at 7 pm: New York Public Library (branch on 10th Street &

Sixth Ave.)

...and The Rolling Stones may join Mick during this telecast. It's alleged they've rehearsed together in New York and have since moved across the Lincoln Tunnel to a small studio in Weehawken NJ. Film crew has reportedly been brought in to document the sessions.

Meanwhile, Rolling Stones tickets for a Berlin date in September are currently being advertised through The Guardian newspaper's website in the UK.

The site has a 'Buy tickets for top events' section featuring the date September 1, 2012 at Olympiastadion, Berlin for a Rolling Stones show. The ad looks legitimate but the official website for Olympiastadion does not list the date.

Edited by SteveAJones

...and The Rolling Stones may join Mick during this telecast. It's alleged they've rehearsed together in New York and have since moved across the Lincoln Tunnel to a small studio in Weehawken NJ. Film crew has reportedly been brought in to document the sessions.

Meanwhile, Rolling Stones tickets for a Berlin date in September are currently being advertised through The Guardian newspaper's website in the UK.

The site has a 'Buy tickets for top events' section featuring the date September 1, 2012 at Olympiastadion, Berlin for a Rolling Stones show. The ad looks legitimate but the official website for Olympiastadion does not list the date.

The Berlin date is bogus according to the stonesnews.com site. In regards to the recent studio sesions, here's what the same site has to say: 'The sessions in Weehawken are done already. All 4 Stones were there, plus Chuck Leavell and Don Was, who played bass (Darryl is on tour in Europe). Four songs were played, each twice: Miss You, Fool To Cry, Jumping Jack Flash and another unknown one. [thx UC, RO].

Well, we can safly state, that the preparations for whatever is to come really begin to take shape. More to come, soon!'

Although there are no sources for this the site has been pretty accurate in the past.

Mick Taylor showing that he still has the chops to well and truly do 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' justice, if the Stones do indeed tour next year he better be part of it!

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/mick-taylor-cant-you-hear-me-knockin-5-9-12/1400804

This is pretty damn good as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEJ3sgMEQU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by tom kid

Mick Taylor showing that he still has the chops to well and truly do 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' justice, if the Stones do indeed tour next year he better be part of it!

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/mick-taylor-cant-you-hear-me-knockin-5-9-12/1400804

This is pretty damn good as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEJ3sgMEQU&feature=youtu.be

Sounds good but Jagger will probably ask him to lose weight before he can play with the Stones again. ;)

Tickets will be $1000.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the Stones with the possibility of a tour next year? I've heard about the two off gigs at O2 and at MSG but those were just rumours.

I really can't belive that Keith will retire... the man seems immortal yet can't play the guitar from a head injury?

Weird.

Next official bootleg is release is Toronto 2005.

1. Rough Justice
  2. Live With Me
  3. 19th Nervous Breakdown
  4. She's So Cold
  5. Dead Flowers
  6. Back Of My Hand
  7. Ain't To Proud To Beg
  8. Introductions
  9. Infamy (Keith)
  10. Oh No, Not You Again
  11. Get Up, Stand Up
  12. Mr. Pitiful
  13. Tumbling Dice
  14. Brown Sugar
  15. Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWnogYLwzGE

Edited by tom kid

PRESS RELEASE

MUDDY WATERS AND THE ROLLING STONES LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE CHICAGO 1981

EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE LEGENDARY NIGHT OF BLUES IN 2 CONFIGURATIONS

~July 10, 2012~

New York, NY (June 20, 2012)—Leave it to Eagle Rock Entertainment, the world’s leader in visual music, to come up with a rare gem of rock’n’roll and blues history. July 10 is the street date for the DVD and special two-disc DVD/CD package of Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live At The Checkerboard Lounge Chicago 1981. Additionally, this delectable slice of American History will also be released as a DVD/2LP vinyl set on September 11. [Pre-book Order Date June 15, MSRP $19.98 for DVD/CD, $14.98 for DVD, and $12.99 Digital]

On November 22, 1981, the Rolling Stones were criss-crossing America on one of their mammoth tours when they had a night off in Chicago, Illinois. What to do? The decision was a no-brainer. Muddy Waters (1915-1983) was in town that night performing at his own juke-joint, The Checkerboard Lounge. It didn’t take long before The Master called up to the stage his students, vocalist Mick Jagger, guitarists Ron Wood and Keith Richards and piano player Ian Stewart. The four Stones wound up jamming with Muddy and his band to the absolute delight of the lucky patrons there that night and, man, they raised the roof.

It was all caught on camera and recorded for posterity.

Now, with the advantage of DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo, mixed and mastered by Bob Clearmountain, this 90-minute wang-dang-doodle has been lovingly preserved for the ages. Add Buddy Guy, Junior Wells (1934-1998), and other musicians into the equation and the sum of these parts is not only greater than the whole but worth salivating over. Heretofore only available as a bootleg, this is the complete package that will have musicologists buzzing.

TRACK LISTING:

DVD:

1) Sweet Little Angel

2) Flip Flop And Fly

3) Muddy Waters Introduction

4) You Don’t Have To Go

5) Country Boy

6) Baby Please Don’t Go

7) Hoochie Coochie Man

8) Long Distance Call

9) Mannish Boy

10) Got My Mojo Working