Not Going to be a tour in 08 or ever

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet. He is planning on touring with Allison next year, and I think working on a new project with Strange Sensation. Listen to what the man is saying, and don't put credibility in what is nothing other than gossip and B.S.

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet. He is planning on touring with Allison next year, and I think working on a new project with Strange Sensation. Listen to what the man is saying, and don't put credibility in what is nothing other than gossip and B.S.

You're cool.

First post hello all - My view is that an under-current of extreme "Zeppness" is underway. This event does not feel like a one-off. Its all there, little anecdotes slipping out here and there-teasing from James. The marketing for the event is enourmous and in my opinion is a platform for bigger things. Robert may well do some dates with Krauss but dont see SS anywhere even close to his agenda looking ahead. He's about to go thru the looking glass and won't be back

I hate all these reunion threads, but I do believe it'll happen. They're promoting the crap out of Mothership. I turned on KLOS a couple days ago and I heard a British accent - "Hello, this is John Paul Jones, more from Mothership next." It was awesome.

If I just listened with my ears then I never would have believed that this O2 thing was happening.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think anyone really knows what their going to do next, maybe even they don't know themselves one hundred percent. Never say never.

First post hello all - My view is that an under-current of extreme "Zeppness" is underway. This event does not feel like a one-off. Its all there, little anecdotes slipping out here and there-teasing from James. The marketing for the event is enourmous and in my opinion is a platform for bigger things. Robert may well do some dates with Krauss but dont see SS anywhere even close to his agenda looking ahead. He's about to go thru the looking glass and won't be back

Hi andmoreagain. :)

Remember when he went on tour with Jimmy, found himself playing massive stadiums, thought "sod this," and went home?

He'll be back.

Sure they are promoting Mothership and will do the same for TSRTS. Thats just good Business. They are selling their back catalogue to a new generation. Nothing wrong with that. The reunion (tour and Album) rumors start again whenever they are promoting something. Robert will NOT do a full scale tour. He has said so plain as day. He has never ruled out an occasional one off though which is what they are doing now. I remember hearing these rumors in 86 then again in 1990. I finally learned to listen to what the actual members of the band have to say about it now ,so I don't get my hopes up prematurely

If I just listened with my ears then I never would have believed that this O2 thing was happening.

Does that mean if I really believe In Santa Claus, he might just come down the chimminy for real this year. :D

Hi andmoreagain. :)

Remember when he went on tour with Jimmy, found himself playing massive stadiums, thought "sod this," and went home?

He'll be back.

Hi,Fancy seeing you here-You raise a good point actually, In reality one could probably never predict Percy. However I feel a massive difference this time around is that he will be again "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin" and that will not be so easy to re-coil from. Whatever happens these are wonderful times

If you see some large man climbing down your chimney, please call the cops.

Call me knaive,but i'm sure Mr. Plant is aware of the Genie He and his band mates have let out of the bottle.He toured and recorded with JP,because He knows deep down the fans crave everytthing they put out.1994 No Quarter was a big mistake,by leaving JPJ out in the cold.The masses will make his mind up and I, and the majority of this site BELIEVE that this is a new beginning and more will follow.

Call me knaive,but i'm sure Mr. Plant is aware of the Genie He and his band mates have let out of the bottle.He toured and recorded with JP,because He knows deep down the fans crave everytthing they put out.1994 No Quarter was a big mistake,by leaving JPJ out in the cold.The masses will make his mind up and I, and the majority of this site BELIEVE that this is a new beginning and more will follow.

**naive

I don't think they're touring and I really don't think they should. One final huge performance should be enough. The only reason all these people are drooling on themselves about the possibility of Zeppelin touring is because they're under the misguided assumption that the band "owes" them something and they "deserve" a tour. These are 60 year old men, Jimmy still has young children, Robert will be touring with Alison Krauss next year, I'm sure JPJ has stuff going on.......they're getting back together for this concert to honor AHMET ERTEGUN, not feed the selfish fantasies of their fans.

**naive

I don't think they're touring and I really don't think they should. One final huge performance should be enough. The only reason all these people are drooling on themselves about the possibility of Zeppelin touring is because they're under the misguided assumption that the band "owes" them something and they "deserve" a tour. These are 60 year old men, Jimmy still has young children, Robert will be touring with Alison Krauss next year, I'm sure JPJ has stuff going on.......they're getting back together for this concert to honor AHMET ERTEGUN, not feed the selfish fantasies of their fans.

Thing is this show doesnt constitute a huge performance-in the sense that the audience is tiny by comparison to the enormous demand. I dont think anyone would expect an 18 month non-stop tour and you are right that maybe this workload would be beyond them. However some well appointed epic shows in an attempt to satisfy the unquencheable thirst (theirs and ours) is surely a possibility?

Hi,Fancy seeing you here-You raise a good point actually, In reality one could probably never predict Percy. However I feel a massive difference this time around is that he will be again "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin" and that will not be so easy to re-coil from. Whatever happens these are wonderful times

Wonderful times, indeed--though I feel he never actually stopped being "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin." That's always how he'd be described in interviews, articles, etc.--"the ex-Led Zeppelin frontman." I'm sure he came to peace with that years ago.

Wonderful times, indeed--though I feel he never actually stopped being "Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin." That's always how he'd be described in interviews, articles, etc.--"the ex-Led Zeppelin frontman." I'm sure he came to peace with that years ago.

Would I be splitting hairs if I felt there was a major difference this time around. Yes he was probably never anything else to many-but always considered himself to be very much the "EX". Now he is actually returning thru the out door and I consider it to be significant....and fantastic

**naive

well said!

I echo what Aqua said. Robert has been able to push through that label since he went solo. Even as we speak, he's been doing a pretty intense press campaign and when questions or referrals to Zep come up, he sort of matter of factly deals with it and goes back to talking about Raising Sand. Please that isn't to imply he has bad feelings about Zep, but let's face it, the interview (especially those where Alison is also present) is about their work together.

**naive

Yes, there are definately some people out there that call themselves 'fans' and feel as if Led Zeppelin owe them and deserve a tour. But, they are in the minority. They get all the attention because they WHINE the loudest, like spoiled brats. It's an unfortunate side effect of todays 'on demand' mentality. (Hell, back in my day, we waited for days in ticket lines, in 10 ft snowbanks .... jk :rolleyes: )

Being 60ish or having young children is not a reason for them to stop what they've spent their lifetime doing. The only reason why they 'shouldn't' tour is either health concerns, they just don't want to or can't do it.

They all look to be very healthy and fit, better than we've seen in a long time. I have no doubt, that their chops are up to max and will deliver a stunningly, brilliant performance at the 02. From the interviews I've read and seen of all 4 members, Robert is just as thrilled about the Led Zeppelin Reunion as Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason. Extending it into something more than one gig ... I think he has valid concerns. The main one being, is his commitment to Allison, T-Bone and the band. They're already talking about going back into the studio in January. Between recording, rehearsals and their tour, (I think he has something going on with Strange Sensation, too) a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour would be a real juggling act. I'm sure he feels like a pickle in the middle. If a Led Zeppelin tour happens, I think it will be toward year end or possibly in 2009.

I echo what Aqua said. Robert has been able to push through that label since he went solo. Even as we speak, he's been doing a pretty intense press campaign and when questions or referrals to Zep come up, he sort of matter of factly deals with it and goes back to talking about Raising Sand. Please that isn't to imply he has bad feelings about Zep, but let's face it, the interview (especially those where Alison is also present) is about their work together.

I like the way Robert politely answers the eventual LZ question and steers the conversation back to the topic at hand...which is Raising Sand. :)

He seems really enthuiastic about his solo project and working with Allison, T-Bone Burnett, etc. so that's the tour I'm looking forward to in '08.

Archived