On May 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Strider said:

As expected, the Warriors bounced back just fine. I think they can get a split in OKC and then the series will be back on schedule.

The East is pathetic. I notice Patrycja has disappeared. I guess the Raptors have her too embarrassed to poke her nose above ground.

This is why Lebron will always stay in the Eastern Conference. I never took seriously any rumours of Lebron going to the Lakers or Dallas or Portland or OKC or any Western Conference team. Why beat your head against the tough wall in the West when you have an easy path to the NBA Finals every year in the East?

He may not win as much as Jordan, Magic, Kobe, or Duncan, but Lebron has a chance to match or even break Bill Russell's record for consecutive NBA Finals appearances if he stays in the East.

The Sunday game between OKC and GS looms large

I do not see Cleveland winning the series.  But I can see them stealing game one with the rest and Golden St may need a game to get back into the swing.  I am not sure how focused they will be after that game 6 and 7 drama.

On May 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Strider said:

Russell Westbrook is playing like a man possessed. OKC seems to have Golden State rattled...like they have gotten inside their heads. In particular, Draymond Green, who has been a big zero thus far. Strike that...he's been worse than zero. He has been minus-73! :o

That said, even with the drama of the Warriors shocking situation, the actual games in both Conference Finals have been stikingly non-competitive.

The average score in the Western Conference Finals has been 119.25-98...a winning margin of 21.25 points.

The Eastern Conference Finals have been slightly worse...108.6-86.8. A winning margin of 21.8 points.

Six points has been the closest margin of victory in both series, with no hint of an overtime game at al. Watching the home team blow out the other team game after game is not compelling competitive basketball.

The sad sorry state of the officiating has worsen matters.

The NBA wants Golden State vs. Cleveland, or at least OKC vs. Cleveland. It has nightmares about an OKC vs. Toronto Finals.

It will be interesting to see how the refs call the remaining games in both series.

Well I do not see the Raptors winning at game in Cleveland.  But give them credit for getting this far.  They are a star away from real contention.   As for last night, Golden St came through even with Durant hitting shots from all over the place at long range.  These two playing together has always been a nightmare that has finally come to fruition.  I still believe Golden st can do it.  But the next game is going to be perhaps a classic.  Hopefully not a blowout.  GS needs to be great to win this game and so does Curry.  

Golden St may need a game to remember that they still have to beat one more team.  Is Cleveland as good as OKC?  Not on paper.  Perhaps they are better coached?  Maybe.  This time they have Love and with the rest they might be able to catch the Warriors off guard in game one.  So I predict a Cleveland upset or at least a scare in game one, and then its back to business and Golden St beats them in 6

I get a feeling this will be a 7 game Finals between the Cavs and Warriors--LeBron wants it bad; not that Steph & the rest of the Warriors don't. 

But again, I bring up this point--the Cavs breezing through the shitty Eastern Conference won't be anything like the buzzsaw they face now. At any rate, I bear no ill will towards LeBron--so if he gets his 3rd ring, I'll be happy for him...

On 5/29/2016 at 7:53 AM, Strider said:

Hey chef free! You must be feeling well chuffed! Game 7 ought to be a wild one. Will you go? Have you attended any of the Dubs playoff games?

I just found out I'm going tomorrow night!  Row 3!!!

8 hours ago, chef free said:

I just found out I'm going tomorrow night!  Row 3!!!

How much are the tickets if you dont mind me asking?  I have been to every sporting even6 except an NBA game  I believe Cleveland has a shot in game one because not only are they so rested, but GS may need a game to get into it?  I know its the finals but perhaps the finals has already been played?  Cleveland must win tonight to make a series of it.  I still cannot see them winning the whole show in any scenario but tonight I think they have a shot.

My guess is $600 for the quality of your seats if not more?  While I have you, how is the Union st area in SF?  I have a hotel booked there in August when I am going to see the Orioles at SF.  We are going to take a shuttle or trolley or cab or whatever we can to get there.  Dropping the rental in SF airport when I get done with the excursion of the Pacific Coast highway from LA to SF.  If I survive.  LOL

I paid face value for row 3 tickets $1,000 EACH!

San Francisco is so "gentrified" right now by all the high tech $ flowing that you might not recognize the place!  Union Square area is pretty trendy, so bring lots of money because everything has gotten so expensive.  I walked all the way down Valencia in the Mission district last month, and didn't hear one person speaking Spanish.  All the bars and restaurants were packed and overflowing into the streets and it was a Tuesday!  The whole deal has spilled over into my beloved Oakland, I was downtown the other night at the Paramount on Broadway and it was the same thing, people waiting in line to get in to clubs on a Monday night!  And everyone was white or Asian!  I was having a drink in my favorite little old blues club, the last one in Oakland, and the bar tender told me that they were going to close because rents have gotten too high.  Some guys at the bar were bitching about gentrification and how THEY were priced out of SF and had to live in Oakland now, Oh the irony lost on those two!

Fun Game!  The one-legged point guard scores 20, the Blur knocks down a three and the ref, Green keeps his mouth shut and Kerr breaks a clipboard!

Shaq sat at the end of our row for the game and I got to see one of my students, who is the leader of the Warriors junior dance team, out on the court!

10 hours ago, chef free said:

Fun Game!  The one-legged point guard scores 20, the Blur knocks down a three and the ref, Green keeps his mouth shut and Kerr breaks a clipboard!

Shaq sat at the end of our row for the game and I got to see one of my students, who is the leader of the Warriors junior dance team, out on the court!

How fun for you! If you were sitting behind the baskets or on the team benches side of the court, you are almost certainly preserved for posterity on the ABC broadcast. In fact, after Klay Thompson buried that last three-point shot that finished Cleveland, there was a guy three rows behind the Cleveland bench who let out a roar of celebration and I chuckled and wondered if that guy was you.

What is the mix of the crowd at a Warriors game? Is it mostly Silicon Valley tech-heads? Do you get many people from Oakland?

As for the game itself, the Splash Brothers had their worst game of the season and Golden State still won by 15. I can see Cleveland winning a game here and there, but I cannot imagine Cleveland being able to win four games versus these unique Warriors. Not unless somebody kidnaps the team and replaces them with the Atlanta Hawks.

Sec. 119 does not make the TV shots, we are in the corner near the cameras. 

The crowd is a mix, like the East Bay; lots of old-time "working man" hardcore Warriors fans, mixed with the wealthy, techster, band wagon crew, many watching their phones more than the game!

On June 3, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Walter said:

Nice!!!!

1 down, 3 to go... :thumbsup: 

This shows how bad the  East is.  Cleveland is by far the best and they look like  high school team vs Golden st.  I say there are 5 teams in the West that could beat them.  They had better show up tonight.  The one thing Golden st has trouble stopping is Lebron driving to the net.  They need to go inside more often.  He is not hitting 3s.  They are no match at the perimeter for Curry and Thomson.   Love has to be great.  Not good but great for them to have  any shot.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

This shows how bad the  East is.  Cleveland is by far the best and they look like  high school team vs Golden st.  I say there are 5 teams in the West that could beat them.  They had better show up tonight.  The one thing Golden st has trouble stopping is Lebron driving to the net.  They need to go inside more often.  He is not hitting 3s.  They are no match at the perimeter for Curry and Thomson.   Love has to be great.  Not good but great for them to have  any shot.

Agreed!  Plus Irving has got to get some defense going, it was almost like he wasn't even trying!  Cavs need to get some other players involved too, only Love, Irving and James made double figures, warriors had SEVEN players with double digit scoring.  Warriors need to stop picking up stupid fouls and snag a few more boards too.  You just KNOW the Splash Brothers are out for blood tonight!

Well, things could always turn once the series goes to Cleveland, but the way the Warriors look right now, I have trouble imagining that the Cavs can even get one game...

And once the Warriors do finish of the Cavs, get ready for more talk about LeBron's legacy and his many postseason failures...

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, things could always turn once the series goes to Cleveland, but the way the Warriors look right now, I have trouble imagining that the Cavs can even get one game...

And once the Warriors do finish of the Cavs, get ready for more talk about LeBron's legacy and his many postseason failures...

Would it be 2-5 or 2-6 all-time in The Finals?  I guess we shouldn't count our chickens until....  He is the self-proclaimed "King" after all. :rolleyes: 

On June 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, paul carruthers said:

I would be shocked if Cleveland does not win one at home.  And it pretty much has to be game 3 or they are toast.  NO TEAM has ever come back from 3-0 in basketball.  Its happened in hockey and baseball but not basketball.  Almost though.  The Detroit Pistons came back the most recently from 3-0 to tie the Chicago Bulls at 3-3 only to lose game 7.  Cleveland's coaching has been horrible.  They have no plan.  If they went inside to Lebron more often and set up Love more often they would likely be competitive instead of getting blown out?  Team unity is far better in GS.  

I just get the feeling Cleveland may win tonight?  Its a pick in Vegas.  If not, its over

On June 9, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Strider said:

Gawd...I loathe these type of series where the home team always wins in a blowout. There is no real sense of competition.

I dont know.  I think we have alot of suspense for tonight

Golden St should show up tonight.

Archived