4 hours ago, chef free said:

Warriors got lucky that Portland missed so many free throws down the stretch.  Agree on the lack of rebounding, they can't play like that in the next series!

The main thing is they closed it out quickly. Now they can rest while OKC and SA do battle...hopefully it goes 7 games.

Is anyone besides Paul and Patrycja watching the Heat-Raptors series? Some of the worst basketball ever...a terrible series. Toronto's DeMarco Rozan has killed his free-agency.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Like I said before, whoever survives Heat/Raptors may be a free lunch for Cleveland...

As one who had to deal with blood clots, I feel sympathetic towards Chris Bosh and it is a shame the Heat have had to be without his services for the playoffs. Now that Lebron is gone, I don't hate the Heat anymore...I cheered them on against Dallas in the 2006 Finals. So they are the team I want to see come out of the East. But without Bosh they have no chance against Cleveland barring an injury to Lebron or Kyrie Irving.

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Heat-Hawks: Least-deserving 7-game series ever. End the horror already.

Do you mean Heat and Raptors?  You know we might have a 3 team race now?  OKC finally had Durant and Westbrook on the same page and that is scary.  Golden State I hope  wins it.   But it won't be as easy.  Cleveland will destroy the game 7 winner, and to me I like the Raptors to win it and if they do, they will be very happy with their season just to get this far.  Lebron and Love seem to have also gained some chemistry making the finals perhaps a very good one

On 5/14/2016 at 0:21 PM, Strider said:

Heat-Hawks: Least-deserving 7-game series ever. End the horror already.

Ooops. Yeah, Rick, I meant Heat-Raptors. Ugly basketball.

On May 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM, chef free said:

Toronto vs. Cleveland- Cavs in 4.

GS vs. OKC- Warriors in 6.

GS missed 9 straight 3 pointers in the 4th quarter to help do themselves in.  And me with them.  This might be a tough series.  OKC finally have their two big boys playing in sync just like Lebron and Love.   So who to fear more?  Lebron and Love, Durant and Westbrooke or Stephen Curry and company?  Curry has proven to be the monster shooter.  But so too are the others.  And they have a distinct size advantage.  Golden St has the best coach IMO in Kerr.  Its a 3 way war.  Cleveland has one edge.  They should dispose of Toronto in easy fashion.  no disrespect to an improving Raptors team but lets face it, they are in a bind compared to the other 3 teams.  Golden st I am counting on to win big tonight   It could be a 7 game series?  They must shoot better than last night or OKC will beat them.  Kevin Love has NEVER lost a playoff game for the record.  Its going to be mighty interesting

Of course, it's only 1 game, but OKC winning it means I might have to rethink my position that the Warriors will have a cakewalk to the Finals--we'll know more after tonight. 

Meanwhile, how good is Cleveland really? I mean, possibly sweeping the shitty Eastern Conference won't be as tough as going against the buzzsaw that would be the Warriors or the Thunder....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Of course, it's only 1 game, but OKC winning it means I might have to rethink my position that the Warriors will have a cakewalk to the Finals--we'll know more after tonight. 

Meanwhile, how good is Cleveland really? I mean, possibly sweeping the shitty Eastern Conference won't be as tough as going against the buzzsaw that would be the Warriors or the Thunder....

But the Warriors and OKC may beat each other up and tire the winner out making it a little bit better for Cleveland?  Cleveland should sweep the Dinosaurs and likely get to watch a game or two of what could be a classic series between OKC and GS?  GS up 8 at the half.  I would expect them to pull away in this one at some point and then when it goes to OKC another gym, we see how much it will matter?  If Durant and Westbrook have finally found chemistry, it could be big trouble.  But like I said, Lovey Dovey and King James have also found some "Love".  

On 5/18/2016 at 3:55 PM, paul carruthers said:

As expected, the Warriors bounced back just fine. I think they can get a split in OKC and then the series will be back on schedule.

The East is pathetic. I notice Patrycja has disappeared. I guess the Raptors have her too embarrassed to poke her nose above ground.

This is why Lebron will always stay in the Eastern Conference. I never took seriously any rumours of Lebron going to the Lakers or Dallas or Portland or OKC or any Western Conference team. Why beat your head against the tough wall in the West when you have an easy path to the NBA Finals every year in the East?

He may not win as much as Jordan, Magic, Kobe, or Duncan, but Lebron has a chance to match or even break Bill Russell's record for consecutive NBA Finals appearances if he stays in the East.

Golden State is handed a second spanking in a row! Nothing from Curry or Green, Durant was his normal amazing self but his TEAM has stepped up, Westbrook wakes up to another triple-double, Smith grabbing rebounds AND scoring, Ibaka starts hitting 3's!

Biggest Warriors failure was Kerr, he had NOTHING for his guys!

Well, so much for my great analysis a few posts back about how "no one" had a shot at the championship when Steph Curry returned to the Warriors. I know Sean disagrees, but I still say that 73 might feel a bit hollow without a World Championship to put the proverbial cherry on top.

Just like the New England Patriots who went 18-1 or the Seattle Mariners from 2001....

Russell Westbrook is playing like a man possessed. OKC seems to have Golden State rattled...like they have gotten inside their heads. In particular, Draymond Green, who has been a big zero thus far. Strike that...he's been worse than zero. He has been minus-73! :o

That said, even with the drama of the Warriors shocking situation, the actual games in both Conference Finals have been stikingly non-competitive.

The average score in the Western Conference Finals has been 119.25-98...a winning margin of 21.25 points.

The Eastern Conference Finals have been slightly worse...108.6-86.8. A winning margin of 21.8 points.

Six points has been the closest margin of victory in both series, with no hint of an overtime game at al. Watching the home team blow out the other team game after game is not compelling competitive basketball.

The sad sorry state of the officiating has worsen matters.

The NBA wants Golden State vs. Cleveland, or at least OKC vs. Cleveland. It has nightmares about an OKC vs. Toronto Finals.

It will be interesting to see how the refs call the remaining games in both series.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Russell Westbrook is playing like a man possessed.

It will be interesting to see how the refs call the remaining games in both series.

Westbrook is a lot like Klay Thompson, streaky!  Sometimes great, sometimes totally absent.

As far as the Refs, again this is the worst post season I have ever seen out of the officials!  Maybe it's all the camera angles we have now or the endless replays, but I've never noticed so many BAD calls, I'd prefer non calls to bad calls!

Meh, damn shame. Oh well, at least I can watch this over and over again. 

Too bad the league is so sanitized these days, I wish I could see someone like Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer put draymond green in his place. Here's hoping Lebron and co. do some more posterizing of him and take the title! 

Archived