Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

• 7 months later...

JOE LYNN TURNER Says He Will Reunite With Ex-RAINBOW Bandmate RITCHIE BLACKMORE Later This Year

Joe Lynn Turner claims that his long-awaited reunion with RAINBOW leader Ritchie Blackmore will likely take place this year -- even though previous attempts to bring the two back together were unsuccessful.

Joe was the singer of RAINBOW between 1980 and 1984 and he sang on the album "Difficult To Cure", which featured the band's most successful U.K. single, "I Surrender".

During Turner's time with RAINBOW, the band had its first USA chart success and recorded songs that helped define the melodic rock genre.

Speaking after his solo show in London last night, the singer told Classic Rock magazine: "[Ritchie is] itching to do some rocking, and we're going to get together in the fall.

"Ritchie is really, really ready to rock. He still has the chops, too."

He continued: "I'm not sure if it's going to be a RAINBOW reunion, or a bunch of remakes -- which I detest, because you can't improve on perfection. But that's what's happening."

As confident as Joe is that Ritchie will finally agree to return to his rock roots, Turner acknowledged that Blackmore, who is known for being moody and unpredictable, could back out at any time.

"It's Ritchie, man," he said. Turner also expressed concern that Blackmore's "wife or mother-in-law" could "get in the way," adding, "She drives me fucking crazy."

According to Turner, previous attempts to put RAINBOW back together fell apart because Blackmore wanted to focus on his band BLACKMORE'S NIGHT, which is fronted by the guitarist's wife, Candice Night.

"We had multi-million dollar deals set up with Live Nation," Joe recalled. "A 60-day tour to start with, HD 3D movie, everything -- and then he had to finish [a BLACKMORE'S NIGHT] album."

Despite this, Turner seems convinced that things will turn out differently this time on the RAINBOW reunion front. "It could happen," he said. "It's probable."

After Blackmore's final departure from Deep Purple in 1993, he resurrected RAINBOW before focusing exclusively on BLACKMORE'S NIGHT.

Asked in a 2005 interview if he could ever see himself returning to the hard rock world, either with a RAINBOW lineup, or with a new project, Ritchie said: "I'm enjoying myself so much with this band [BLACKMORE'S NIGHT] that it's hard to see that happening. I might think about doing one or two shows with Deep Purple, but their management couldn't be involved. It wouldn't be for recording -- just for the fans for nostalgia. But we do play some rock in this band so it's not like I've abandoned that genre completely. It's just that it's not all we play."

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-04-06/rainbow-ritchie-blackmore-joe-lynn-turner-reunion-this-year

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe-lynn-turner-says-he-will-reunite-with-ex-rainbow-bandmate-ritchie-blackmore-later-this-year/

post-15049-0-09952500-1428364415_thumb.j

Edited by luvlz2

You know, I just realized today is the 41st anniversary of Cal Jam in 1974, of which Deep Purple Mk III was on the bill. This would be the last time I saw Deep Purple with Ritchie Blackmore. The next time I saw them, Ritchie was gone and Tommy Bolin was the guitarist. After that, it was sayonara Deep Purple. Has-been city.

I've only seen Ritchie Blackmore in concert once with Deep Purple for the Perfect Strangers tour in Phoenix. I was highly impressed by Blackmore and will never forget that concert, it's up there with the best concerts I've been to. I had tickets for The House Of Blue Light tour and was very excited about it but my tickets got thieved before the concert and I missed it and was bummed. I have always wanted to see him again.

Does anyone think Ritchie Blackmore will reunite with this tool after he insulted the mans wife? I think Joe Lynne's big mouth just blew it. Good enough singer, but what a horses ass. Could never keep his trap shut.

Does anyone think Ritchie Blackmore will reunite with this tool after he insulted the mans wife? I think Joe Lynne's big mouth just blew it. Good enough singer, but what a horses ass. Could never keep his trap shut.

Judging from his volatile band history, Ritchie seems to be no picnic himself.

Judging from his volatile band history, Ritchie seems to be no picnic himself.

Absolutely...Which is exactly why insulting his wife was a poor idea on Mr Jolene Turner's part, besides the obvious. I'll admit to being biased in my dislike of Joeylynn. I've rarely if ever read anything involving this guy where he didn't insult somebody.. A major bridge burner. Edited by the chase

+1

• 1 month later...

Look at my DP-creation...

Sing it along to"Highway star" tune:

=Feline Star.

Nobody gonna snatch my food
I'm gonna throw it all around
Nobody gonna take my toys
I can attack with scary meowing
Oooh, I'm a killing machine
I've got everything
Like saber fangs
Big strong claws and everything

I love them and I need them, I bleed them
Yeah I'm a wild hurricane
Alright hold tight, I'm a feline star.

Nobody gonna take my mice
I'm gonna gut them to the end
Nobody gonna hide my mice
I can catch them everywhere
I've got everything.
Like a moving jaws,
Muscle control and everything

I love them, I need them, I eat them
Yeah, they turn me on
Alright, hold tight, I'm a feline star.

Nobody gonna take my bowl
It all will be in vain
Nobody gonna twitch my tail
Now that I will bite him again
Oooh, I'm in heaven again I've got everything
Like a lot of food -
a bowl of milk and everything.

I love it and I need it, I lick it
Teeth, claws, tail, all mine!
All right, hold tight, I'm a feline star

Nobody gonna snatch my food
I'm gonna throw it all around
Nobody gonna take my toys
I can attack with scary meowing
I've got everything
Like saber fangs
Big strong claws and everything

I love them and I need them, I bleed them
Alright hold tight, I'm a feline star.

I love it and I need it, I bleed it
All right, hold tight
I'm a feline star,
I'm a feline star,
I'm a feline star! =

• 2 weeks later...

Turner certainly blew it there.Insulting the missus not to mention the dreaded mother in law was the kiss of death.Turner's been rattling on about this for years about 'getting back with Ritchie' and 'he's ready to rock ' but I rather him keep going with Blackmore's Night than team up with this self opinated tossed again.

Great to see Hughes and Coverdale together.

Glenn once said that You Keep On Moving was the first song they co-wrote - and they wrote it in Coverdale's flat 'above a Wimpey bar' in Middlesbrough!

Apparently, Blackmore didn't like it, so it had to wait for later.

Some strange decisions by Blackmore, really - he didn't like When A Blind Man Cries either!

PS. Glenn's just put up a photo on his Facebook page of Robert with himself and Tommy Bolin in February 1976.

Presumably, this was around the time Bonzo famously invaded the stage at a Deep Purple gig to inform the audience that 'Tommy Bolin can't play for sh*t!'

Me, I love Tommy's playing. Sorry, Bonzo!

Edited by Brigante

• 3 weeks later...

Read on the net somewhere recently that Blackmore was voted by the masses(not critics)as the most influential guitarist of all time,above Hendrix who was second.Page was fourth or fifth.Many of the voters had valid reasons for this.His technique is unquestionable,he invented that neo classical style to rock,,and wasn't afraid to try other music styles yet still retain his identity a.Apart from Hank Marvin and Duane Eddy(who made me want to play guitar)Blackmore was and is my first guitar hero.Hendrix was more of an innovator,no question,Page is stylistic inventor but could be very ragged technique wise(see sloppy player thread),Clapton is stuck in the blues and AOR,Van Halen blew eveyones brains for a few years but hasn't gone any further,etc.Zep and Rush are my fave bands but Black more is king.P.S.Just saw that Malmsteen guy recently,he owes Ritchie big time.