The Beatles thread

Love 'em or hate 'em, there is no denying the Beatles staying power and their ability to protect and expand their brand. They are the clear Number One. Everyone else is playing for Number Two. Sorry Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Drake, Lady Gaga et al...you'll be lucky to be remembered in 50 years let alone release a #1 album.

Staggering numbers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markbeech/2019/09/29/beatles-biggest-fans-revealed-by-17-billion-streams-as-abbey-road-climbs-charts/

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, John M said:

looks fantastic!  So great to see all the smiles and goofing around.  56 hours of unseen footage!  My goodness.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

...needs more cowbell!

Oh my God, I hope they edit the 56 hours down to.....55 hours!  I want to see it ALL!  Thank you Peter Jackson!

Can you imagine 56 hours of Led Zeppelin in the studio making Led Zeppelin IV?  Hell, I'd watch 56 hours of them recording "In Through the Out Door".

It's a damn shame and a lost legacy that Led Zeppelin were so camera-shy.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to watching that!  With Peter Jackson at the helm no less........

Yes, Indeed 😆👍🎶🎬🎥

Let It Be Deluxe versions out today, too!!!

R😎

• 2 months later...

That was one of the best documentaries/movies/etc. I've ever seen. If you're not even a moderate Beatles fan, sitting through all 8 hours might feel like a slog, but it was fascinating watching them pull songs out of thin air. Especially when McCartney sat there strumming his bass like an acoustic guitar and just came up with Get Back. Or when Ringo and I think Michael Lindsay-Hogg were chatting about something and off in the distance, you can hear Paul plunking out Let It Be on the piano. Absolutely amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...