Ramble Tamble

zosodude13

Well... I loved my dad's two Chronicle CDs since they had all the hits on them... and when I got my $50 iTunes card from my grandma, I bought about 20 songs and combined them with the 40 songs from Chronicles 1 and 2... and I created all of CCR's regular albums

(Creedence Clearwater Revival, Green River, Willie and the Poor Boys, Bayou Country, Cosmo's Factory and Pendulum) and... I need Mardi Gras (the album without Tom Fogerty)

But songs like Ramble Tamble, which is CCR's Achilles Last Stand... and and the slow deathly Effigy... were not on either Chronicle CD and I love them! CCR now joins Led Zeppelin and the Beatles as the only bands where I can listen to their whole recorded collection and like every song...

by-far, CCR has one of the most distinctive sounds of any band in history with the "Swamp Rock" style and John Fogerty's sandpaper vocals... I loved them from the two Chronicle CD's and now I cant stop listening to their wonderful albums

truly, a great re-discovery for me!!!

I was going to make a CCR thread soon... something about 'that band that everyone loves but never talks about'.

It's true. Everyone likes CCR. It's impossible NOT to like them. You may not even own an album by them, but you still like them.

I'm pretty sure there's some equations in that A Brief History Of Time book that prove this point.

Well... I loved my dad's two Chronicle CDs since they had all the hits on them... and when I got my $50 iTunes card from my grandma, I bought about 20 songs and combined them with the 40 songs from Chronicles 1 and 2... and I created all of CCR's regular albums

(Creedence Clearwater Revival, Green River, Willie and the Poor Boys, Bayou Country, Cosmo's Factory and Pendulum) and... I need Mardi Gras (the album without Tom Fogerty)

But songs like Ramble Tamble, which is CCR's Achilles Last Stand... and and the slow deathly Effigy... were not on either Chronicle CD and I love them! CCR now joins Led Zeppelin and the Beatles as the only bands where I can listen to their whole recorded collection and like every song...

by-far, CCR has one of the most distinctive sounds of any band in history with the "Swamp Rock" style and John Fogerty's sandpaper vocals... I loved them from the two Chronicle CD's and now I cant stop listening to their wonderful albums

truly, a great re-discovery for me!!!

Revolution 9? :P :P

Isn't he featured on The Division Bell?

If so, the question becomes: Does that last blip on the Floyd radar actually rock? Or just hobble?

I remember there being a computer voice on one of the songs...I'll have to watch the P.U.L.S.E. dvd again to see....

Also, it's in a wheelchair for sure.

Just saw John Fogerty and 3/4th's of his show was old Creedence songs....it was GREAT !!!

I wrote a short review in the 'last concert you went to' thread...about 3 weeks ago...

By the way, his brother, Tom is dead..so it couldn't be a full Creedence reunion anyway....

When people in Japan ask me what 'American' rock bands I like the first word out of my mouth is CCR. Most of the other bands I like are English and the only other 'American' band that comes close to CCR for me is The Grateful Dead, but they typify the 60s counterculture/weirdness more-so than Americana, despite the fact that they do typify a kind of 'American spirit', besides, what they do is hard to call rock. It's just Dead.

CCR is where it's at. It's amazing that such a great band existed and gets so little credit.

Most of that probably stems from legal wranglings among the members and the record company. John Fogerty was actually forbidden to play his own songs in concert for a very long time.

Speaking of which, John Fogerty has a new album out and was touring in the fall.

I happened to hear one of the shows, and man, he still sounds great. I have no idea who's in his band, but I really wished I could have been at that show.

http://www.johnfogerty.com/tour.html

http://www.johnfogerty.com/

Ramble Tamble!!!! Yeah! Love that song. The clairvoyant lyrics are spooky (maybe nothings changed), but the 'Actors In The Whitehouse' line, written at the end of the 60s really rung true in the Reagan 80s.

I can't count how many times I've listened to Cosmo's Factory. Soo good.

The bluesy psychedelia of the first album is really sweet too. Very of the time, more than any of the other albums.

Gotta check out their version of 'Hello Mary Lou'!

I'll have to tell an old story now.

When I was in 2nd year of Jr. High school I decided to start playing guitar. The Jr. High and High schools shared buildings. The piano player from the student rock band that was supported by the music teacher for both Jr and High schools (the rock band doubled as the accompaniment band for the stage choir and chorus, so it served everyone's purposes) decided to switch to bass after the only bassist graduated. This piano player was a genius. No musical training ever, but could play anything he heard. Amazing guy. So I'd go to the music room with my brown paper bag lunch to get some practice time in during the lunch hour. This guy had a 'study hall' which he always signed out of to go to the empty music room. So, he was HS 2nd (3rd?) year and I was Jr.H 2nd year.

Anyway, I was practicing with my headphones on, just making noise probably and he comes over and says, let's play together since we're both here. He puts Chronicle in the tape deck and says, "Let's learn all these songs" (!!!)

So he hits 'play' and never hits stop, just lets it roll from song to song. That went on for a couple weeks, picking up where we left off and listening to the tape over and over. We (I at least) didn't learn all the songs, but I learned a helluva lot about rock 'n' roll and playing music thanks to Chronicle. I already had Cosmos Factory, so I could go home to practice a little more after school sometimes.

Hail, Hail, CCR!!!

I was going to make a CCR thread soon... something about 'that band that everyone loves but never talks about'.

It's true. Everyone likes CCR. It's impossible NOT to like them. You may not even own an album by them, but you still like them.

I'm pretty sure there's some equations in that A Brief History Of Time book that prove this point.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's soooo true :)

Revolution 9? :P :P

:) You bet! That piece changed my life! :) (for the worse perhaps... :lol:) Block That Kick!

Just saw John Fogerty and 3/4th's of his show was old Creedence songs....it was GREAT !!!

I wrote a short review in the 'last concert you went to' thread...about 3 weeks ago...

By the way, his brother, Tom is dead..so it couldn't be a full Creedence reunion anyway....

Nice! Joelmon, you piped in while I was typing... then I had to wait for flood control...

• 2 months later...

Love CCR. Love them so much that anytime someone says CCR and they're talking about Cross Canadian Ragweed I get pissed. If you haven't gotten John Fogerty's newest solo album Revival you're missing out. Great album, even has a song called Creedence Song which is very good.

Archived