2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Yadier Molina is clutch--pointing out the obvious is what I do sometimes. One hell of a ballgame either way, whether you like the Cards or not; a good day of ball all around & the last I checked the Nats are losing...

😎

Nats not losing anymore.

Give it time... 

4 hours ago, ebk said:

Well, how about those Nats!

Unbelievable. And yet sadly predictable to anyone who has watched the Dodgers the past few years.

Dave Roberts will always find a way to mismanage the bullpen and he keeps treating Clayton Kershaw like he is a dominant pitcher. He isn't. His fastball is nowhere near where it was six years ago and he chokes every year in the playoffs. He is no Sandy Koufax. He's not even a Verlander or Scherzer. No balls. No guts. No fire. Cody Bellinger and Corey Seager were useless in the playoffs, as usual....both batting below the Mendoza Line and striking out with regularity. No clutch gene in the bunch.

Fire Dave Roberts. Trade Clayton Kershaw.

Congratulations to the Nats and their fans...their first playoff series win since their rebirth.

At least this saves the Dodgers the embarrassment of being destroyed by the Cardinals, Astros or Yankees.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Unbelievable. And yet sadly predictable to anyone who has watched the Dodgers the past few years.

Dave Roberts will always find a way to mismanage the bullpen and he keeps treating Clayton Kershaw like he is a dominant pitcher. He isn't. His fastball is nowhere near where it was six years ago and he chokes every year in the playoffs. He is no Sandy Koufax. He's not even a Verlander or Scherzer. No balls. No guts. No fire. Cody Bellinger and Corey Seager were useless in the playoffs, as usual....both batting below the Mendoza Line and striking out with regularity. No clutch gene in the bunch.

Fire Dave Roberts. Trade Clayton Kershaw.

Congratulations to the Nats and their fans...their first playoff series win since their rebirth.

At least this saves the Dodgers the embarrassment of being destroyed by the Cardinals, Astros or Yankees.

Fuck am I pissed. My second favorite teams in sports usually do quite well.  Blues win the Cup, Rams go to the Super Bowl.  Since the Braves left the NBA I kind of go back and forth from Golden St and the 76ers.  But the Dodgers are my 2nd favorite to the Orioles for sure..  I went to bed early because I had to be somewhere very early.  I thought the Dodgers were good when it was 3-0 late. How the fuck does Roberts find a way to fuck this up?  Asshole.  And the year they had is shear talent.  They are a hell of a baseball team but Roberts is not a hell of a manager.   Are we going to see him fired ever?  They had the team that should have won this year.  I will cheer for the Nats as I hate the Cardinals.  But this makes the AL winner a bigger favorite now.  it also kills my interest in baseball for another year.  FUCK BASEBALL.  FUCK ROBERTS.    And I agree with your take on Kershaw.   Its too bad because I really like Clayton.   I felt the Nats were a big sleeper in these playoffs as are the Tampa Rays.  I do not think Tampa will survive a game 5 vs Houston with Cole on the mound.  Houston does not lose 3 in a row.  Ever.  But strange things happen.  Like they do in LA.  Now go beat the 49ers Rams

21 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm hoping Houston puts up a better struggle against the Yanks than the Twins. Btw, go Cards for the NLCS...

Just do not let it be Yankees and Cardinals.  Hate them both.  Of course, hate the Yankees more.  Nationals and Cardinals has the makings of a slugfest.  Houston has the best rotation of all four teams easily, but Verlander and Cole obviously cannot go right away.  The two day delay is going to save Houston.  Maybe

It seems to me that the Nationals would actually match up better with the Yankees?  Houston has the two stud pitchers in Cole and Verlander.  But of course Strasburg and Sherzer are no slouch's either.   Keichel is not what he was a few years back obviously but maybe he has saved his best for last?  He is likely to pitch vs the Yankees tonight or tomorrow?  The Nationals will now have the luxury of sitting back and watching the two American League teams slug it out to a possible 7 games.  This giving them a chance to rest the pitching staff and anyone with any aches.  They will be rested and that cannot hurt in this case.  So its likely to be a good World Series.  If St Louis had taken them to the distance then the AL team would have had an edge.  But no longer.  I will be cheering for the Nationals.  Why not

My condolences to the King.  King zoso.  Sorry King.  Not your series.  But cudo's to the Cards for winning the central.  Seriously.  I had Milwaukee winning it.  They took a step backward after it seemed they were ready to make the next step. 

Remember that guy named HARPER?   Did he jump on the Harper ferry?  When he went to Philly most believed the Phillies were the team to beat.  I was one of those who fell into that trap.  The Braves ran away. The Nats kept on their tails.  What a job.  They lose Harper and go to the Series.

No pitchers listed yet.  Rain might postpone this game.  100% chance at game time.  I would expect Keichel to go for Houston but the rain would be heaven sent for Houston.  It would be a nightmare for the Yankees.  Maybe German is up next?  Not sure

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Rick, Keuchel is with Atlanta this season, not Houston.  He won't be pitching this week. 

The only thing that would make me not entirely peeved if the Yankees win would be that now we could have Damn Yankees in real life!  We just need someone to play Lola... 

51 minutes ago, ebk said:

Rick, Keuchel is with Atlanta this season, not Houston.  He won't be pitching this week. 

The only thing that would make me not entirely peeved if the Yankees win would be that now we could have Damn Yankees in real life!  We just need someone to play Lola... 

Don’t let those pesky facts get in the way...🤣🤣🤣

If it’s Washington and Houston, it’ll be the least watched series since...🤔  Either way the AL is gonna win, sorry ebk. 😘

On 10/16/2019 at 9:40 PM, Walter said:

Don’t let those pesky facts get in the way...🤣🤣🤣

If it’s Washington and Houston, it’ll be the least watched series since...🤔  Either way the AL is gonna win, sorry ebk. 😘

How do you figure that?  Because the damn Yankees are not there?  You got one. But you are going to have to beat Cole if you get to game 7.  I would think Houston will save him for game 7?  But unsure.  Have to see if its up.   The Nationals will be decided dogs to Houston, but this extra rest is heaven sent.   It gives them a bit of a leveling off perhaps?