Walter

2 hours ago, Walter said:

MVP - Jackson 

Offensive POY - Michael Thomas 

Defensive POY - Stephon Gilmore 

Offensive ROY - Kyler Murray

Defensive ROY - Nick Bosa

Coach OY- John Harbaugh 

How is Kyle Shanahan not Coach of the Year? Baltimore was in the playoffs last year. San Francisco was in last place. They went from last place to the Super Bowl. 

I know the award is based on regular season but still, Harbaugh has had two straight first-round playoff exits...and he was out-coached in both.

Edited by Strider

Who else watched Kansas City matriculate down the field in Super Bowl IV in 1970? 

I never would have thought it would be 50 years before the Chiefs made it back to the Super Bowl. But, as a Raider fan I'm happy for their drought and I hope San Francisco continues the Chiefs' title drought.

When the Raiders aren't in the Super Bowl (18 years and counting), I usually transfer my allegiance to the AFC representative...Miami, New England, Pittsburgh. Except for when it is one of my division rivals...Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego. I will never root for them in the Super Bowl.

Besides, what the fuck is going on with Kansas City being in Missouri? Missouri already has St. Louis and they get to claim Kansas City over Kansas, too? That's some weird-assed map-making.

So, go '49ers!!! 🏈🏈🏈

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Who else watched Kansas City matriculate down the field in Super Bowl IV in 1970? 

I never would have thought it would be 50 years before the Chiefs made it back to the Super Bowl. But, as a Raider fan I'm happy for their drought and I hope San Francisco continues the Chiefs' title drought.

When the Raiders aren't in the Super Bowl (18 years and counting), I usually transfer my allegiance to the AFC representative...Miami, New England, Pittsburgh. Except for when it is one of my division rivals...Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego. I will never root for them in the Super Bowl.

Besides, what the fuck is going on with Kansas City being in Missouri? Missouri already has St. Louis and they get to claim Kansas City over Kansas, too? That's some weird-assed map-making.

So, go '49ers!!! 🏈🏈🏈

I was in the 5th grade. Len Dawson vs Joe Kapp. If memory serves, KC was supposed to get creamed in this game.

On the KC/Oakland rivalry, do you remember Ben Davidson (I believe) spearing Lenny Dawson in his back, while Dawson was on the turf? Then Otis Taylor went after Ben Davidson for the cheap shot.

1 hour ago, jabe said:

I was in the 5th grade. Len Dawson vs Joe Kapp. If memory serves, KC was supposed to get creamed in this game.

On the KC/Oakland rivalry, do you remember Ben Davidson (I believe) spearing Lenny Dawson in his back, while Dawson was on the turf? Then Otis Taylor went after Ben Davidson for the cheap shot.

Ben Davidson was an animal.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

"Kashmir" during the halftime show?

Finally some decent music.

My critique (for what its worth...you decide): Shakira's set started strong, peaking with the Kashmir snippet. I thought for a moment Shakira was going for a truly monumental and different performance. After Kashmir she went into a middle eastern theme for about 30 seconds (still going strong, good job Shakira), then, WTF??? She segues into a greatest hits medley that was both rushed and bland. BONUS POINTS: Shakira actually sang her set, it was not a taped vocal. Then comes J-Lo. She did not sing her set, she mimed to a pre-recorded track and emphasized her dancing instead (she did have a live mic though so she could do shout outs occasionally but overall, her set was rather lame.

Final assessment - I give it two out of five footballs, one of which was deflated.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

4 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Let's be HONEST...that halftime show SUCKED!

Of course it sucked. They always suck. With the exception of Tom Petty and Prince (both dead sadly).

J Lo looked like she had toilet paper hanging out of her ass.

2 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Finally some decent music.

My critique (for what its worth...you decide): Shakira's set started strong, peaking with the Kashmir snippet. I thought for a moment Shakira was going for a truly monumental and different performance. After Kashmir she went into a middle eastern theme for about 30 seconds (still going strong, good job Shakira), then, WTF??? She segues into a greatest hits medley that was both rushed and bland. 

Shakira's been pushing that multicultural diversity and inclusion bullshit for awhile, so I knew she would deliver a grab bag and not an authentic Columbian performance that made her a star in the first place. Nope, it was like Aerosmith in 2020 -- got to try to be all things to all people in six minutes. JLo's performance isn't even worth discussing, and overall this halftime show probably tied Up With People for the worst ever. NFL needs      to come up with a completely new concept for the halftime show. It's gotten to the point where I miss the marching bands. 

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

Shakira's been pushing that multicultural diversity and inclusion bullshit for awhile, so I knew she would deliver a grab bag and not an authentic Columbian performance that made her a star in the first place. Nope, it was like Aerosmith in 2020 -- got to try to be all things to all people in six minutes. JLo's performance isn't even worth discussing, and overall this halftime show probably tied Up With People for the worst ever. NFL needs      to come up with a completely new concept for the halftime show. It's gotten to the point where I miss the marching bands. 

Next year will be Up with People ver2.0 featuring J-Lo and a Mariachi band.

If they truly wanted a SMOKING halftime show, they need to book Gogol Bordello.

6 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

The Beatles? Nope. The Stones? Nope. Motherflipping Zep. Just shows how strong this band's musical legacy is. Their songs randomly get worked into half time shows just because.

It got worked into Shakira's set because 1) it sounds ethnic 2) it checks the box for the demographic who actually know what song it is.