Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Rover

Jimmy Page - The Anthology Book - by Genesis

I just got the JP Anthology for 30% off due to a computer/website issue with a major retailer.

R😎🎸👍

Edited by reids

I have JP x JP and LZ x LZ. . Is this more or less a combo of the two?  He remastered and repackaged everything to death is he now doing it with books?

6 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

I have JP x JP and LZ x LZ. . Is this more or less a combo of the two?  He remastered and repackaged everything to death is he now doing it with books?

No. It’s a completely different book with different content. This one covers the span of JP’s career (Solo, Led Zeppelin, side projects, his amps, guitars, dragon suits, etc ... )

R😎

I received this as a gift recently. Although I have a lot of Zep-related books, I don't spend much time reading them. And from what I heard about this when it was first announced, I figured this one would end up gathering dust after I looked through it once. I'm not a musician, so pictures of guitars don't do much for me, and while I'd be interested to see details of some of his stage outfits, I got a close up view of them when the Zep exhibit opened at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. However, I really like this book. Although there are tons of pictures in it, for me the best part is the details he's provided about key events in his life. I know a lot of people want him to write an autobiography that provides lurid details of what it was like to be a rock star in the '70's, but I think the things he's written in this book and the other Genesis Publications taken together comprise his autobiography. It's just that the story he wants to tell about his life is that he's someone who became a musician because of his love for music, and it's the music and the things that go into making it that are the real story of his life. The fact he became famous seems very much secondary to him. Whether you agree with that or not, I'd definitely recommend picking up this book, especially now that it's available for such reasonable price (currently US$36 on Amazon.)