Jimmy Page - The Anthology Book - by Genesis

The Rover

6 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

I have JP x JP and LZ x LZ. . Is this more or less a combo of the two?Β  He remastered and repackaged everything to death is he now doing it with books?

No. It’s a completely different book with different content. This one covers the span of JP’s career (Solo, LedΒ Zeppelin, side projects, his amps, guitars, dragon suits, etc ... )

R😎

• 2 weeks later...

I received this as a gift recently. Although I have a lot of Zep-related books, I don't spend much time reading them. And from what I heard about this when it was first announced, I figured this one would end up gathering dust after I looked through it once. I'm not a musician, so pictures of guitars don't do much for me, and while I'd be interested to see details of some of his stage outfits, I got a close up view of them when the Zep exhibit opened at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.Β However, I really like this book. Although there are tons of pictures in it, for me the best part is the details he's provided about key events in his life. I know a lot of people want him to write an autobiography that provides lurid details of what it was like to be a rock star in the '70's, but I think the things he's written in this book and the other Genesis Publications taken together comprise his autobiography. It's just that the story he wants to tell about hisΒ life is that he's someone whoΒ became a musician because of his love forΒ music,Β and it's the music and the things that go into making it that areΒ the real story of his life. The fact he became famous seems very muchΒ secondary to him. Whether you agree with that or not, I'd definitely recommend picking up this book, especially now that it's available for such reasonable price (currently US$36 on Amazon.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A new, all-encompassing interview with the Led Zeppelin icon on his evolution as a guitarist, writing rock's greatest albums and the gear behind them

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/jimmy-page-whole-lotta-love-was-so-fresh-and-it-still-is-if-somebody-plays-that-riff-it-brings-a-smile-to-peoples-faces

Edited by luvlz2

• 4 weeks later...

I had decided not to buy this Anthology thinking that it's just aΒ  book of look at once photos and already known information plus I didn't want to spend close to Β£400Β  on another Genesis publication that is going to remain in it's felt dust bag tucked away out of sight in a cupboard too precious to have a place on the bookshelf gathering dust and being exposed to light that willΒ  eventually cause fading.

Anyway, a couple of weeks or so ago I had an FB notification that the bog standard retail version was selling for Β£36, interesting I thought. My youngest son also had the same notification and immediately posted "That's Dad's Xmas present sorted", not realising I may also have had the notification too.

Christmas morning comes, he hands me my weighty present and laugh and say "I know what this is". Surprised he asks "How", "You posted it on FB youΒ Β Wally". I'm rather pleased he got it for me, it's quite a lot better than I had expected it to be.

Β 

Β 

Okey, since itΒ΄s JimmyΒ΄s birthday and all: didnΒ΄t get the anthology-book just yet, but Jimmy Page: The Definiteve Biography is on itΒ΄s way!!! Bit late (as amazon has delivery problems) but should arrive tomorrow!!! Now, if I only could get (back) my copy of Brussels Affair LP-boxset!!!

• 1 month later...

Bought my copy off Walmart. Price of $36 + tax. Same as Amazon just not have the hassle of being attached for Prime which I don't need... Plus no chance of damage which I've read with Amazon purchases. A couple of pics do appear on Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page but I think it's only a couple. Overall, completely different.

Edited by gcczep

• 2 years later...