Jimmy Page - The Anthology Book - by Genesis

The Rover

Deserves it's own thread, I think.

https://www.genesis-publications.com/book/9781905662593/jimmy-page-the-anthology

marshall-stacks.jpg

jimmy-page-manuscript-royal-albert-hall1

Jimmy Page tells the stories of the instruments that have long been mythicized in rock and roll history, such as his 'Dragon' Telecaster and 'Number One' Gibson Les Paul.

The Anthology documents Page's remarkable musical journey from listening to blues records with childhood friend Jeff Back, to performing on TV in a Skiffle band; from his colossal body of session work in the Sixties, through to the Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin, and on to bands such as The Firm, Coverdale & Page and Page & Plant.

The draft pages presented above (subject to change) show how each item is carefully selected from Jimmy Page's collection and is supplemented by anecdotes from the author himself.

Hundreds of items from Jimmy Page's private collection have been personally selected for inclusion. From iconic guitars and stage costumes, to rare posters and vinyl pressings; and from correspondence and diary entries to unseen photographs. Every piece has been photographed and brought to life with exclusive new text provided by Jimmy Page, placing it within the story of his phenomenal career.

Leather collection not included. :bubble:

Edited by The Rover

I subscribe to their mailing list and got the email in the pre-order, but it was already sold out before I could blink. Reminds me of Ticketmaster and their pre-sale shenanigans. Hope all 350 signed copies remain in individual collections and not bought for profiteering, as I refuse to purchase from scalpers/brokers. 

R😎 

Looks like a very sophisticated finished product. I envy the lucky bastards who can afford this! :P Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling that some deluxe editions will end up on Ebay with greedy swines asking for outrageous prices. Hope most of the 350 copies were bought by genuine fans as a lifetime purchase. 

4 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Maybe there will be a more mainstream release, non- signed? I hope. 

I’m sure there will be (just in time for the holiday Shopping season).

R😎

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

I hope no one buys from these exploiters.  It’s people like this contributing to ruining the ticketing system for concerts and merchandise for true fans. They certainly won’t get my money. 

R😎

Edited by reids

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'll wait 10 years and get my copy from a garage sale, thank you!

Edited by The Rover

15 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I think you will find that this isn't the new JP Anthology book, as it won't be ready for shipping until December.

this E bay sale will be his previous JP Picture book.This Ebay sale is still a rort and rip off though.

Ordered this book on day of release. Happy to be able to own two books with two different Jimmy Page signatures.

I am most interested on what Jimmy writes about the guitars and that famous amp. (which he never wanted to talk about back in the 70s)

On 6/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, pageluvva said:

This guy 👆knows marketing 😀

Now, the True Marketing opportunity for JP would be to actually put a cd/digital code of that promised solo album we have all been waiting for in the spine of each of the 350 signed copies of the book. Now, that would drive the demand through the roof. That’s marketing. 

R😎

Edited by reids

This book looks like its tastefully done with the photos and nicely put together. As long as it doesnt have a mannequin jimmy in a dragon suit, black wig and red laser beams for eyes while holding a guitar....then everything is great. Actually the zep books are not my cup of tea, i prefer the music. 

On 7/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, kirchzep27 said:

Actually the zep books are not my cup of tea, i prefer the music. 

I prefer the behind the scenes stories, so I look forward to the book (or film) of "The Making of Jimmy Page: The Anthology." 😋

I hope JP will release companion Anthology (career spanning)  audio (cd, digital & limited edition vinyl) from early skiffle track, 60s studio sessions, guest work, early solo tracks like “She Just Satisfies” and “Keep Moving”, some rare alternate, unreleased & outtakes from Zeppelin sessions like  “Fire”, Swansong”, etc, including XYZ (w/ Yes’ Chris Squire & Alan White), to some highlights from Outrider, CP, P&P, The Firm, Live (solo, guest appearances a la) Ronnie Lane ARMS, some film related work: Death Wish, Anger film, It Might Get Loud, and/or anything new, etc). The liner notes could include brief to detailed descriptions of guitars, studios, effects used and/or people contributing on tracks while pointing back to Anthology book as main reference.

R😎

Edited by reids

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

9b4d802c-74ad-4d7a-bf7e-51ea2c2cbec8.jpg

jimmy-page-collector-detail-4381188@2x.jpg

jimmy-page-anthology-signature-page2-5817641.jpg

Jimmy Page: The Anthology

LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE

jimmy-page-manuscript-vox-phantom4-436651.jpg

As a subscriber to JimmyPage.com mailing list, we are pleased to offer you access to this highly anticipated edition of only 2,500 signed copies, now available to order from JimmyPageAnthology.com.

jimmy-page-manuscript-royal-albert-hall1-4385014.jpg

'In this book, I wanted to include items from my personal archive that have played a part in my overall story, to give the detail behind the detail.' 
– Jimmy Page

A companion piece to Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page, the new signed, limited edition documents Page’s musical career through selected material from his rich personal archives. Jimmy Page: The Anthology is narrated entirely in Page's own words, and includes contextual photography spanning six decades.

jimmy-page-anthology-zeppelin-telecaster-5401142.jpg

jimmy-page-anthology-yardbirds-mankowitz-4674245.jpg

*Pre-order at the pre-publication price. Your order will be dispatched during December 2019. 

• Signed by Jimmy Page
  • Quarter bound in black leather with gold leaf blocking and gilt page edging
  • Felt-lined slipcase
  • Limited to 2,500 copies

Following the sell-out success of Jimmy Page's first book, we are delighted to introduce Jimmy Page: The Anthology.

In his new signed limited edition, Jimmy Page's musical career is documented in his own words, illustrated with vintage photographs and items from Page's own archives presented for the first time.

• Published Dec 2019
  • Large format: 280mm x 330 mm
  • 384 pages

Pre-order now. Shipping December 2019.

Pre-Publication Price: £395

jimmy-page-manuscript-the-firm-3967195.jpg

jimmy-page-manuscript-pangbourne-3965865.jpg

jimmy-page-manuscript-futurama-3964202.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...