Knebworth @ 40

Pilot of the Storm

Thanks for posting those pictures. Images of the Knebworth shows hurt me a little because I was old enough to go to concerts at that point and totally into Zep, but the shows were on the wrong side of the Atlantic for me. Man, I would have loved to have been in that crowd.

Nice one Pilot. Didn't see you there but we made up for it by meeting at the O2.

40 years gone, 2 consecutive Saturdays spent in a field but I think it was worth the effort.

Edited by ledded1

1 hour ago, ledded1 said:

Nice one Pilot. Didn't see you there but we made up for it by meeting at the O2.

40 years gone, 2 consecutive Saturdays spent in a field but I think it was worth the effort.

Ah, there you are ledded1. Was wondering where you were. In the queue for the bogs perhaps? 

A crazy couple of weekends indeed, but well worth it. Man, we were so fortunate to make the O2 and to meet beforehand. Cherished memories. 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks for posting those pictures. Images of the Knebworth shows hurt me a little because I was old enough to go to concerts at that point and totally into Zep, but the shows were on the wrong side of the Atlantic for me. Man, I would have loved to have been in that crowd.

+1

R😎

On 8/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Ah, there you are ledded1. Was wondering where you were. In the queue for the bogs perhaps? 

A crazy couple of weekends indeed, but well worth it. Man, we were so fortunate to make the O2 and to meet beforehand. Cherished memories. 

The knebworth toilets were even worse when I first went in 74 to see the Allman bros. Grand days out there and theO2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Great to see you on.  I wound up buying that entire Laurel and Hardy collection , 8 disc set.  Fabulous.  One of my favs is the one with the "ghost" on the ship, where they round up the crew with the eggs in the bar.  Funny as hell.  As for Knebworth, I know they played there in 79, one of those rare times that "In Through The Outdoor" was on the menu.  Not sure if you were there?  I found tons of great remastered stuff from my concert in Landover in 77.  You Tube.  They have it all.  Stop back soon.      Rick

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the pictures. I was there on August 4th, with two girls 😉 We travelled down on Thursday together and I remember we camped on a road traffic island on Thursday before being let into Knebworth on Friday. That island must have been the one near the main entrance, on the A1M road. Did anyone else camp there? I remember the police were collecting shopping trollies and returning them to the town because everyone was stocking up on alcohol and using the trollies to carry everything. 

We stayed for the whole weekend, coming home on Monday. It was memorable for so many reasons 😍 I lost touch with the two girls until one of them contacted me a couple of years ago. We all met up again for a birthday celebration (I have completely different memories of that meeting though). 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Great. I was there also on the 4th. What a fantastic day.

Yes. Someone mentioned you were there on the 4th.  They asked if we met each other on the day 🤣 It was a bit busy as I recall but for reference, I/we (me and two girls) were just to the left of the stage as you faced it and about a third of the way up. Who knows, maybe we were sitting next to each other?

It was a fantastic weekend. We went down on Thursday and came home on Monday (I think). We camped on the traffic island near the entrance to Knebworth Park (above the A1M) on Thursday before moving into the park on Friday.