Jimmy Page in Inverness

exquinn

Archived photo by Dougie Corrance : Archiving 57 years of my photographs... Inverness 1971, leaving the Town Hall is Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and to his right, Malcolm Dent (campaigner) and to his left, artist Barry Colby, who created the image of the Hermit on Led Zeppelin 4 album. This was taken during the court case Jimmy brought against the Electricity Board, and succeeded in preventing pylons spoiling the landscape around Loch Ness.

FB_IMG_1571517376079.jpg

^^^You're the photographer? Regardless, a standing ovation for you for sharing it here. What a phenomenal shot! :hurrah:

Malcolm Dent was Jimmy's caretaker at Boleskine for many years. 

Note the correct date is circa April 1979. Hopefully we can nail down the exact date.

https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/mey/phillipsharbour/index.html

20 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^You're the photographer? Regardless, a standing ovation for you for sharing it here. What a phenomenal shot! :hurrah:

Malcolm Dent was Jimmy's caretaker at Boleskine for many years. 

Note the correct date is circa April 1979. Hopefully we can nail down the exact date.

https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/mey/phillipsharbour/index.html

Very cool picture, agreed.  It's definitely not '71, but Page looks far too healthy for '79, I would have guessed '74.

34 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Very cool picture, agreed.  It's definitely not '71, but Page looks far too healthy for '79, I would have guessed '74.

I'm merely taking the original poster's word at face value that it has something to do with the pylon scheme, which was 1978-79.

Thank you for the comments.

I'm not the photographer. Douglas Corrance is.

The photo looks very similar to one in Page's book when he arrived clean shaven in Australia which is dated 1972.

It is great to see a photo of Barrington Coleby whose art work has to have been viewed by millions of people yet he remains quite anonymous.

Thanks
Eamonn

3 hours ago, 76229 said:

Is that the only known pic of Barrington Coleby? I recall a thread on here where someone turned up a street exhibition of his artwork in Switzerland, but I don't recall a photo of the man.

There's at least one other than I can think of, taken in Switzerland.

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I have some press on this - late December 71....

1971-12-21---jp---pop-guitarist-leads-pylon-campaign.jpg

1971-12-23---jp---hydro-board-meeting.jpg

Outstanding! I note one of the pupils is Ian Corrance, possibly related to Dougie Corrance, the photographer. 

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This had to do with preserving the aesthetic beauty of Loch Ness. Jimmy was opposed to their electricity pylon scheme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_tower 

If this was a court case surely the court has it all transcribed...

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

On 10/19/2019 at 4:54 PM, exquinn said:

Archived photo by Dougie Corrance : Archiving 57 years of my photographs... Inverness 1971, leaving the Town Hall is Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and to his right, Malcolm Dent (campaigner) and to his left, artist Barry Colby, who created the image of the Hermit on Led Zeppelin 4 album. This was taken during the court case Jimmy brought against the Electricity Board, and succeeded in preventing pylons spoiling the landscape around Loch Ness.

FB_IMG_1571517376079.jpg

Here's another article, which help date this photo as May 1972

1972_05---JP-Loch-ness-court.jpg

• 5 months later...