2020 MLB Thread

Walter

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well they have the second best record to the Dodgers.  But I never would sell your Cards short. But I do not think its their year

That's cool.  Sorry about Your Orioles.  I mean that.

Edited to add:  Good Luck to everyone's favorite team to make it to this very weird and unprecedented 2020 MLB Season.  Let the Games begin.

Edited by kingzoso

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

It is so strange to watch a Baseball game when the whole stadium(s) are completely empty.

And football and hockey and basketball too.  Lets hope the end is near.  I just looked at the so called expert picks.  One guy on CBS sports had the balls to pick the Indians to upset the Yankees.  I think the Indians have a big shot in game one but likely lose the series?  The Padres are picked across the board vs your Cards.  I have to give them the  edge.  The true toss up to me is Twins and Astros and they are all picking the Twins!!  I love the White Sox.  I think they beat Oakland.  The AL many things can happen.  I guess the Yankees are the favorite but once you get by Cole, they are a team that must beat you with their bats.  Do you remember that stretch when they could not buy a win?  Cole might lose game 1 to Bieber who is a sure Cy Young candidate.  

I like what my Orioles have moving forward.  The rotation will be Means, Krember and Esthelman to start.  Not bad.  And I think I know the 4th starter  The bullpen?  I am hoping Castro stays.  For sure.  I like Iglesias and Santander and Severino and Sisco very much.  And that RF Stewart I keep and Nunez for sure.  I think the future is very bright.  I am not sure of some of Hyde and his decisions? But maybe they were made knowing that its going to take time?  I expect drastic improvement in the WL column next year.  

As for the NL playoffs.  The Dodgers are LOADED.    Dodgers should win it all

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals won the first game against the San Diego Padres.  A Cardinals win tomorrow will advance them closer to a World Series Championship.  

Ill be shocked if San Diego blows this in 2 games.  Its a nightmare for the better teams to play best two of three.  The Yankees avoided disaster  They were down 4-0 and rallied.  White Sox lost so a game 3 is today vs Oakland.  I want the White Sox.  Dodgers took care of business and today Kershaw is up and I expect them to advance easily.  The Twins were swept 2-0 by Houston and now have lost 19 in a row in post season.  A record in all pro sports.  Pretty shocking when you think of it.  The Twins are not that bad.  But they are done.  I want the Astros OUT.    Cheating bastards

White Sox blow the series and I would say the bullpen is the blame. But these young White Sox are going to be very very good.  The Padres took care of the Cardinals as expected with the season they had.  Nobody is as good as the Dodgers and a Dodgers vs Tampa series is the chalk pick. Then it would be the Yankees vs the Dodgers . Tampa has more depth in their starting rotation than the Yankees

Typical Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw will never be on the level of Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, Bob Gibson, Tom Seaver. Kershaw is the new "Orchid". That is what some Washington National fans called Stephen Strasburg…The Orchid. But now that Strasburg and the Nets won the World Series and got the monkey off their backs, the nickname should pass onto Kershaw.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:08 AM, paul carruthers said:

Go Tampa...  :bravo:

Yea…at least the cheating Asstros are losing.

I do not like Los Angeles or Atlanta but if I had choose I would choose Atlanta.  

I know a lot of people do not like  the Astros but I do.  I was born in Galveston, Texas and grew up in Houston in the mid 1970's.  

As a kid, me and my parents went to dozens of games at the Astrodome.

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I do not like Los Angeles or Atlanta but if I had choose I would choose Atlanta.  

I know a lot of people do not like  the Astros but I do.  I was born in Galveston, Texas and grew up in Houston in the mid 1970's.  

As a kid, me and my parents went to dozens of games at the Astrodome.

When I was visiting Houston in the early 90's, I turned on the TV and just missed Noland Ryan throwing his last no-hitter. 

The Nolan Ryan no-hitters span 18 years, with the first two happening in the same year, 1973, and the last in 1991, when the 44-year-old Ryan pitched for the Texas Rangers. That last one made Ryan the oldest player to ever pitch a no-hitter.Jun 24, 2020

When are they going to teach today's players to hit the other way?  These shifts on every batter are so ridiculous and they only work because today's players cannot typically hit the other way.  Last night with a runner on first and the first baseman holding the runner, the Rays had 3 infielders between second and third.  There was 90 feet of wide open space between first and second.  The batter should be able to punch one through the right side, and if you send the runner he gets to third.  Instead as usual he pulls the ball to shortstop for an easy double play.  So predictable and yet so preventable.

The other thing they need to teach batters is how to bunt.  Even in Little League they used to teach how to bunt and how to hit the other way.  But they can't bother to teach fundamentals to major league players?