Celebration Day Youtube Event (May 30)

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin has partnered with YouTube for an exclusive streaming event of 'Celebration Day', the concert film chronicling the band’s historic live performance from 2007.

Celebration Day will premiere this Saturday, May 30, at 8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT, on the Official Led Zeppelin YouTube channel.

Follow this link for the event, and set a reminder:

😎🎸👍 Cool. Thx, Sam. Looking forward to anything Led Zeppelin related.

Hopefully, this will be the start of more live concerts (w/ TSRTS, Earls Court ‘75,  Knebworth ‘79, etc to follow). 

R😎

I notice the dress rehearsal that came with the Deluxe cd/dvd combo pack of "Celebration Day" popped up on youtube recently. I'd be curious to know how many of the 29,000 + members here still do not have "Celebration Day"?

Prince received a good response from the Youtube upload of his 1985 Syracuse concert. One can only hope that Jimmy sees this, and the success of similar live offerings by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others, and starts unleashing the reins a bit.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

One can only hope that Jimmy sees this, and the success of similar live offerings by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others, and starts unleashing the reins a bit.

He's already alluded to a series of releases over the next ten years. Don't hold your breath.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

One can only hope that Jimmy sees this, and the success of similar live offerings by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others, and starts unleashing the reins a bit.

Would be so good.....

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He's already alluded to a series of releases over the next ten years. Don't hold your breath.

Hey, if it comes to pass, GREAT! I'll just have to do deep diving breath exercises.

Thanks for the heads up, Sam!  I'm one of the army of 29,000 here who has the Celebration Day HD video on my tablet.  Well worth the space it occupies in the memory.  For other Zeppelin fans that have this concert, here is a link to an interesting article on how the sound was done and mixed for that historic music event.

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/inside-track-mixing-led-zeppelin-reunion

ADK-Zeppelin

I stopped believing anything Page says many years ago.

if live releases come, either audio or visual I’ll be very happy, but until they actually arrive I’m wasting no time thinking about them

On 5/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, Strider said:

I notice the dress rehearsal that came with the Deluxe cd/dvd combo pack of "Celebration Day" popped up on youtube recently. I'd be curious to know how many of the 29,000 + members here still do not have "Celebration Day"?

Prince received a good response from the Youtube upload of his 1985 Syracuse concert. One can only hope that Jimmy sees this, and the success of similar live offerings by the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others, and starts unleashing the reins a bit.

Sirius XM also running “For Your Life” From the 02 rehearsal today around 1:30pm est.

R😎

Edited by reids

42 minutes ago, reids said:

Sirius XM also running “For Your Life” From the 02 today around 1:30pm est.

R😎

I've actually got the Celebration Day cds in the player at work today....it's coming up after Judas Priest's "Unleashed in the East" is over.

Can't you already view all of the songs from "Celebration Day" on Youtube already?  

You can find complete videos of Earls Court, The Song Remains The Same, Royal Albert Hall, Supershow, Danish TV, Australia 1972, Seattle 77, plus all of the amateur footage on Youtube.  That's literally everything they've ever put out, plus the amateur stuff from the official site, plus fan remasters.

Radiohead has been doing this kind of thing too, but they've been releasing actually unreleased material. 

4 hours ago, pluribus said:

Can't you already view all of the songs from "Celebration Day" on Youtube already? 

I'd rather them show the Danish TV special honestly. Why promote the band in their elder stage? Show them when they were a force to be reckoned with, not as rocking grandpas.

11 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'd rather them show the Danish TV special honestly. Why promote the band in their elder stage? Show them when they were a force to be reckoned with, not as rocking grandpas.

It (O2 performance) must have been the Concert the majority of the surviving members agreed upon.

R😎

39 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Somewhat surprisingly, CBS This Morning gave about 15 seconds of coverage to this You Tube event. It was essentially the host offering commentary over a montage of performance clips from the commercially-released dvd. 

Well then, that pretty much confirms the audience who this is for. Old enough to be up early, and watching CBS This Morning.

Not exactly aiming for that 18-34 demographic.

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

Well then, that pretty much confirms the audience who this is for. Old enough to be up early, and watching CBS This Morning.

Sounds like smart marketing:

CBS & other news media to promote to older demographic &

YouTube / social media to direct to event

R😎

22 minutes ago, reids said:

R😎

Viacom CBS & Google (owner of You Tube) signed a big distribution deal earlier this month.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacomcbs-google-announce-expanded-distribution-111500844.html

I'm stoked.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, reids said:

😎🎸👍 Cool. Thx, Sam. Looking forward to anything Led Zeppelin related.

Hopefully, this will be the start of more live concerts (w/ TSRTS, Earls Court ‘75,  Knebworth ‘79, etc to follow). 

R😎

Absolutely, although I'd trade any new live Led Zeppelin release for Jimmy Page to play something! Looking forward to this!

Edited by luvlz2

18 hours ago, pluribus said:

17 hours ago, reids said:

R😎

I tend to disagree. This YouTube event seems geared more for the Millennial crowd.

Most of the 50 and older crowd I know have the Led Zeppelin albums and cds and dvds already in their collections. We still buy physical manifestations of our favourite music because it is in our DNA. We don't need YouTube to watch Led Zeppelin because we already have "Celebration Day" and "The Song Remains the Same" and the "DVD" at home and can pop it in our dvd player any time. 

Are you telling me that a YouTube video is going to have better video resolution and better audio than my dvd-home stereo system? Not a chance.

That's why I think this YouTube streaming event is more for the younger generations. The ones who don't buy dvds and records and stereos because they download everything on their phones and computers and listen through ear buds or bluetooth speakers.

It also happens to be the day before Bonzo's birthday.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I tend to disagree. This YouTube event seems geared more for the Millennial crowd.

Most of the 50 and older crowd I know have the Led Zeppelin albums and cds and dvds already in their collections. We still buy physical manifestations of our favourite music because it is in our DNA. We don't need YouTube to watch Led Zeppelin because we already have "Celebration Day" and "The Song Remains the Same" and the "DVD" at home and can pop it in our dvd player any time. 

Are you telling me that a YouTube video is going to have better video resolution and better audio than my dvd-home stereo system? Not a chance.

That's why I think this YouTube streaming event is more for the younger generations. The ones who don't buy dvds and records and stereos because they download everything on their phones and computers and listen through ear buds or bluetooth speakers.

It also happens to be the day before Bonzo's birthday.

I agree with you. I left off one word in my post you quoted, which should have included “youth”.

My post:

Sounds like smart marketing:

YouTube / social media to direct youth to event.

R😎

I finally managed to stay awake until the streaming started!

I've been up for almost a whole day and I had some wine, I thought I wasn't going to make it.

Every time I see and/or hear 'Celebration Day' it brings back the sad memory of not being able to travel to London since I didn't get the email to have the chance to buy a ticket. But on the other hand I'm also happy that Jimmy, Robert and John have given this legendary recital to do justice to the sacred legacy of Led Zeppelin after some failed attempts after 1980.

It would have been wonderful if Robert had said in 'STH': "Does anybody remember laughter?". But anyway, I always thought the recital was excellent, although maybe 'DAC' and Jimmy's solo in 'STH' could have been better.