Trouble finding the new Song Remains the Same DVD?

ASgambati

Hey guys. I'm very new here and I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding the new Song Remains the Same DVD. I've checked 10-15 stores in NJ and about 10 in my home town of Myrtle Beach ... no luck!! Was there some sort of christmas rush and under printing?? I checked many websites to see that the dvd is backordered. Can anyone help me track down a copy?? My sister got me the cd version by accident so I really would like to exchange the cd for the 2 disc dvd set.

thanks for all the help!

Hey guys. I'm very new here and I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding the new Song Remains the Same DVD. I've checked 10-15 stores in NJ and about 10 in my home town of Myrtle Beach ... no luck!! Was there some sort of christmas rush and under printing?? I checked many websites to see that the dvd is backordered. Can anyone help me track down a copy?? My sister got me the cd version by accident so I really would like to exchange the cd for the 2 disc dvd set.

thanks for all the help!

It's insane but true. You walk into a retailer like Best Buy and they are cleaned out of Mothership and the new TSRTS box set. I find it hilarious when the store is loaded with beatles and stones sets and all they have available for Zeppelin is a CD of Houses.

I love it.

One reason they're unavailable could be idiots like me--things have been arriving in the mail that I'd ordered before going on vacation, and today my TSRTS arrived and I discovered I ordered the Deluxe Collector's Edition by mistake. All I wanted was the DVD itself. *smacks self*

One reason they're unavailable could be idiots like me--things have been arriving in the mail that I'd ordered before going on vacation, and today my TSRTS arrived and I discovered I ordered the Deluxe Collector's Edition by mistake. All I wanted was the DVD itself. *smacks self*

:console:

Still no luck.

If ANYONE out there would be willing to pick me up a copy I would be VERY greatful. I would of course pay for the DVD and throw you a few extra bucks for your troubles. To ensure security we could set up a buy it now ebay auction that way no one gest screwed ... I really NEED this DVD!!

My search goes on!!!

I don't quite understand. Why don't you just order it from Amazon?

Still no luck.

If ANYONE out there would be willing to pick me up a copy I would be VERY greatful. I would of course pay for the DVD and throw you a few extra bucks for your troubles. To ensure security we could set up a buy it now ebay auction that way no one gest screwed ... I really NEED this DVD!!

My search goes on!!!

From Amazon

List Price: $20.97

Price: $16.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $3.98 (19%)

Availability: In stock on February 6, 2008. Order it now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Very weird but it now lists a new date

When I looked on amazon the other day, they were showing a shipping date of something like December 2010! I even thought I saw a much later date too. I wound up finding the DVD (not the collector's edition though) in Borders yesterday and went right over to pick it up. I hadn't heard anything about the copyright issue either but did notice that on a few ebay listings, it said something like "recalled." I just assumed that was a sales pitch (to make the item seem more rare) but maybe not.

When I looked on amazon the other day, they were showing a shipping date of something like December 2010! I even thought I saw a much later date too. I wound up finding the DVD (not the collector's edition though) in Borders yesterday and went right over to pick it up. I hadn't heard anything about the copyright issue either but did notice that on a few ebay listings, it said something like "recalled." I just assumed that was a sales pitch (to make the item seem more rare) but maybe not.

The DVD was completely sold out well before Christmas where i live in a major urban centre.

What i find even odder is the fact that the music DVD has apparently not charted on Billboard yet! The Mothership DVD apparently is in the Top 5

It seems there have been new developments which are in another thread in the Master Forum (I think).

But anyway, I'm quoting myself to say that I'm glad I got the Collector's Edition, now, as I had the pleasure of reading (among all the memorabilia replicas) a review of the movie that included this:

"A great mass of yellow curls tumbling around his shoulders, Mr Plant sashays around the stage, posturing, pouting, and conducting a meaningful relationship with the microphone. It looks like a sheep trying to seduce a telephone pole." :lol:

Says a lot for Robert's sense of humor that he let them include it!

"A great mass of yellow curls tumbling around his shoulders, Mr Plant sashays around the stage, posturing, pouting, and conducting a meaningful relationship with the microphone. It looks like a sheep trying to seduce a telephone pole." :lol:

:lol: :lol: I love it :D

I love that part, and then the italicized part underneath it.

I that edition and I love it. I still need to send in the poster deal before it's too late.

in my area, mothership and song remains the same was sold out...barnes & noble (which tend to get things quicker than borders) and borders were sold out...but when i went to fye music store they had plenty of them (located in the same plaza as barnes) but they kept a dash behind the counter that they hadn't put out

thanks for all the help!

Just scored the last collector set from Barnes@Noble :yay::banana:

thanks for all the help!

Hey ASgambati!

I used to live in Myrtle Beach from 1991-1996. I hear its grown like crazy. I hope you intend to be one of the first to ride the Led Zeppelin Coaster. Please report back what the opening was like if you hear or go.

Sorry off topic...oooops

Archived