What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Hello:

I'm not listening at this very moment...but earlier today I started my day by listening to a compilation of Dwight Yoakam's tunes.

It included tunes like Fast As You, L'il Sister, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Guitars and Cadillacs...

Starting my day with Dwight....ahhhhhh!!!!!

Juliet

The Who Ultimate Anthology. I picked it up at the local library after watching the Who documentary on VH1 Classic.

I was never into the Who though I liked some of their songs so I decided to give this anthology a listen. It's pretty good.

I like the killers and muse,they have a very modern alt rock feel about them and they r very good.

417QXTEYTHL._SS500_.jpg

Orfeo/Nathan's

Steeleye Span

I had this on vinyl in about '78-'79 then got the cd back in the 90s. This was an interesting review when I went to retrieve the photo of the cover...

Fiddles, mandolin, harp and Maddy Prior's awesome, reedy voice make this FOLK music, as do the old-timey lyrics. But the electric bass, full drum kit and electric guitars make it ROCK. It is easy to hear a powerful Zep influence in the arrangements, which move me to goose-bumps now just as they did when I bought the LP about a million years ago. If you like folk music but sometimes think it is a bit tame, you will listen to this CD with your mouth open, all the way. Every song is a standout in one way or another, but Opheo/Nathan's Reel and Sir James the Rose get me near tears with their tales of heroic love, gone well or poorly. Fighting for Strangers is as great an anti-war anthem as you'll find. Hell hath no fury like The Brown Girl, who'll "dance upon your grave for twelve month and a day," if you slight her. Here is folk music ARRANGED into hyperspace, as the title suggests. I wish I could give it more than five stars. Vocally, instumentally--perfect execution. I'm done raving now.

I concur....:D