2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

4 hours ago, redrum said:

Looks like another season in the cellar. 

I was a bit baffled by all the SF Super Bowl picks.  Why the hell were they so highly regarded going into this season?  They cant keep their best players on the field.  Kittle is  big big piece of that offense.  Jimmy G is injury prone and when he is in there he is very good but not an elite QB.  SF is finished for this year.  Arizona is way over rated and will crash and burn in due time. The NFC will come down to the Rams, Tampa and maybe GB and Minnesota who are coming on.  Sorry, I am not a believer in Dallas. They have a real opponent coming up on the road this week and I bet against them.  Oh, they are getting better.  Dont get me wrong.   And I like Dak, but I do not think he is an  elite QB either. But he is darn good.  My pick is the Rams and Bills to get to the dance.  I stand by it.  Time for the Bills to run the table for a while until they play another tough foe.  They have Miami and Jacksonville and some other meatball coming up.  They just have to not be overconfident.  That can kill you.  Look at yesterday.  Baltimore got caught sleeping.  I know that Indy is in there somewhere and Tampa is week 14.  Oh ant the Thanksgiving night game at New Orleans.  I am going to try like hell to watch that game.  After the wine and Turkey, its tough to stay up late on that night.  I have a bottle of Fransiscan from Napa Valley for Thanksgiving.  Should I have to open a 2nd Ill likely switch to a French burgundy.   

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Watching Lions @ Rams I am reminded that Detroit Lion Chick Hughes died on the field 50 years ago today. In a game against the Chicago Bears on October 24, 1971, Chuck Hughes collapsed and died during a play, as Bear linebacker Duck Butkus frantically waved for help. It remains the only instance of a player dying during a game. I don't remember the game being on in the Los Angeles tv market and I would have been watching the Raider game anyway, so I did not see it happen live. Bong-Man, did you watch the game? Do you remember?

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/24/50-years-ago-lions-receiver-chuck-hughes-became-nfl-player-die-field/#:~:text=50 years ago%2C Lions receiver Chuck Hughes became,football%2C one player has died during a game.

I remember, but the game itself was subject to the then 90 mile blackout rule.  Dempsey's kick, Chuck Hughes dies, then our Coach died.  Nothing's changed.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

This might be the best Thursday night game the NFL has ever booked. I guess I'll root for Green Bay tonight, so Mercury Morris can pop that champagne...

😅

It’d be a much better matchup if Adams was playing. Looks like JJ is out for the rest of the season…again. 

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

This might be the best Thursday night game the NFL has ever booked. I guess I'll root for Green Bay tonight, so Mercury Morris can pop that champagne...

😅

Both teams are missing key players.

I really think the Lions will win today.  There, I jinxed them.  The Bills will roll Miami.  The Sabres can bat the Kings, they have been on fire so I hope it continues.  Oh, its football, Go Bills.  Go Rams.  Go Vikings.  Lets see how crazy the Halloween costumes are at these games

Well, Miami is now 1-7. The only reason it wasn't a humiliation like the earlier Bills-Dolphins game was the defense showed up. I think Howard being back was a big part of that. But yeah ... I'm of the opinion if Tua doesn't really step up for the remainder of the season they should dump him. And I know most Fins fans think Flores is in over his head,

Props to Cole Beasley, that dude is tough as nails. 5'8, 174 lbs, and just showing up like a MF every play.

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I really think the Lions will win today.  There, I jinxed them.  The Bills will roll Miami.  The Sabres can bat the Kings, they have been on fire so I hope it continues.  Oh, its football, Go Bills.  Go Rams.  Go Vikings.  Lets see how crazy the Halloween costumes are at these games

Yep. You jinxed them. Even the Jets won a game before the Lions.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep. You jinxed them. Even the Jets won a game before the Lions.

Lol actually the Jets have won two games now! 

Derek Henry injured possibly for the remainder of the season.

Von Miller just got traded to the Rams…might be a busy next 36 hours! 

I still wonder how every year, without fail the NY Jets land a primetime NFL slot????

I was on the Green Bay bandwagon, but according to what I believe I heard on Sportscenter, Rodgers may have to sit a minimum of ten days (ouch). Even the paper tiger Chiefs may be able to topple Green Bay without Rodgers...

And finally, my Dolphins host the Texans in what may be best advertised as the "America's shit game of the week"...  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I still wonder how every year, without fail the NY Jets land a primetime NFL slot????

I was on the Green Bay bandwagon, but according to what I believe I heard on Sportscenter, Rodgers may have to sit a minimum of ten days (ouch). Even the paper tiger Chiefs may be able to topple Green Bay without Rodgers...

And finally, my Dolphins host the Texans in what may be best advertised as the "America's shit game of the week"...  :rolleyes:

Where's Fitzmagic when you need him? 😛 All kidding aside, nice to see a fellow Fins fan on here. I've been a lifelong fan, and it's been a character-building experience even in their GOOD years.

My original thought with Tua was "trust Flores' instincts, he knows what he's doing." (I no longer hold this opinion lol). But at some point, Tua really has to show up. Granted, he was injured some of last season and this season as well. And his showing last Sunday wasn't half bad, *mind-numbing interception aside*. Anyway, I'm now of the opinion that if he doesn't really step up for the remainder of this season they should just cut their losses. He may very well be a "slow grow" QB, I could actually see that with him. But how long should a team reasonably wait for that to materialize? I also read a rumor that Flores didn't even want Tua, but Grier pushed the call. QB issues aside, we have our never-ending  OL problems, among other issues.  Last year was the first time in a long time I was optimistic about this team. Oh well. Just ranting - if you've been a Fins fan for awhile, I'm sure you feel my pain lol.

10 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Where's Fitzmagic when you need him? 😛 All kidding aside, nice to see a fellow Fins fan on here. I've been a lifelong fan, and it's been a character-building experience even in their GOOD years.

My original thought with Tua was "trust Flores' instincts, he knows what he's doing." (I no longer hold this opinion lol). But at some point, Tua really has to show up. Granted, he was injured some of last season and this season as well. And his showing last Sunday wasn't half bad, *mind-numbing interception aside*. Anyway, I'm now of the opinion that if he doesn't really step up for the remainder of this season they should just cut their losses. He may very well be a "slow grow" QB, I could actually see that with him. But how long should a team reasonably wait for that to materialize? I also read a rumor that Flores didn't even want Tua, but Grier pushed the call. QB issues aside, we have our never-ending  OL problems, among other issues.  Last year was the first time in a long time I was optimistic about this team. Oh well. Just ranting - if you've been a Fins fan for awhile, I'm sure you feel my pain lol.

Yes, the never ending search for the next great QB to make us Fins fan forget "Dan the Man," unfortunately continues. Of course, I was always of the opinion that Tua never inspired much confidence from me & it seems I was right in feeling that way. And--of course--a guy like Ryan Tannehill becomes a somewhat "elite" QB after he leaves Miami.

My main expression about this season is "oi vey"....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Yes, the never ending search for the next great QB to make us Fins fan forget "Dan the Man," unfortunately continues. Of course, I was always of the opinion that Tua never inspired much confidence from me & it seems I was right in feeling that way. And--of course--a guy like Ryan Tannehill becomes a somewhat "elite" QB after he leaves Miami.

My main expression about this season is "oi vey"....

Yeah it mystified me too when they picked Tua. And yeah of course Tannehill blossoms when he leaves (actually, he was just given a more effective OL and enjoys playing football again lol). I think typical Dolphins fate will go like this - they'll dump Tua after a horrible season, he'll go to Washington or somewhere and will magically become a top tier QB and we will continue with our 8-8 (make that 8-9) aspirations. Oi vey is right.