2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

34 minutes ago, Walter said:

Big game tonight....

Time for the Bills to put up or shut up. I am sure Buffalo and Miami thought the division was theirs when Brady left New England, especially when Cam Newton blew up in the Patriots' faces. But you can't keep a great coach down for long and look who is still residing atop the AFC East. 

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Time for the Bills to put up or shut up. I am sure Buffalo and Miami thought the division was theirs when Brady left New England, especially when Cam Newton blew up in the Patriots' faces. But you can't keep a great coach down for long and look who is still residing atop the AFC East. 

I'm hearing winds up there. Running back game? I think Buffalo wins this one. Allen is the best running back out there tonight. As long as he doesn’t turn the ball over too much, they should win. 

Edited by Walter

48 minutes ago, Walter said:

I'm hearing winds up there. Running back game? I think Buffalo wins this one. Allen is the best running back out there tonight. As long as he doesn’t turn the ball over too much, they should win. 

I am hoping for a good game either way.

Just now, Walter said:

After the SEC Championship game, I'm hoping that Tide vibe rubs off on Mac like it did for Tua yesterday.
Agreed, Buffalo should win. If Mac keeps his cool, it could be an entertaining game.

Was reading a Miami forum earlier today and it looks like a little love is being shown to Tua now. I figured he was going to be handed a one way ticket back to Hawaii pretty soon.

Brieda lost this game on the second series fumbling in their end.  Then the blown play and an 8-0 lead .  Breida then benched rest of game. So McDermott threw the game plan in the garbage.  Still, if not for the wind ruining Bass FG, we would still have won.  We outplayed them as far as having more red zone time.  Our defense did their job even though they blew the one play.  What  a strange game, two throws by NE.  Thats it. Belecheck knew that he could not win throwing the ball.  Out coached again.  I still believe we will be right there at the finish line.  No doubt.  Its far from over for this Bills team.

12 hours ago, jabe said:

After the SEC Championship game, I'm hoping that Tide vibe rubs off on Mac like it did for Tua yesterday.
Agreed, Buffalo should win. If Mac keeps his cool, it could be an entertaining game.

Was reading a Miami forum earlier today and it looks like a little love is being shown to Tua now. I figured he was going to be handed a one way ticket back to Hawaii pretty soon.

Your former Bama boys are doing a good job - even Hurts in Philly has been doing better. You refill the talent tank in the NFL with every other position, might as well have qb's covered too! :D 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Brieda lost this game on the second series fumbling in their end.  Then the blown play and an 8-0 lead .  Breida then benched rest of game. So McDermott threw the game plan in the garbage.  Still, if not for the wind ruining Bass FG, we would still have won.  We outplayed them as far as having more red zone time.  Our defense did their job even though they blew the one play.  What  a strange game, two throws by NE.  Thats it. Belecheck knew that he could not win throwing the ball.  Out coached again.  I still believe we will be right there at the finish line.  No doubt.  Its far from over for this Bills team.

Right about 6pm a white-out came through our area along with the 45-50mph gusts.  I figured it was going to cross the lake and arrive just in time for the game.  Turned out it came early.  You may have been outcoached, but NE ran right through the supposed strength of your defense without the threat of a passing game.  Even with 9 men on the line of scrimmage, the Bills couldn't really stop them.  Surprising, and it doesn't bode well. 

The whole concept of Kyle Van Noy pisses me off.  A 2nd round pick who always looked confused and never broke the starting lineup.  Belichick rescues him from the scrap heap and turns him into a star.  The story of two organizations if there ever was one.     

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

Right about 6pm a white-out came through our area along with the 45-50mph gusts.  I figured it was going to cross the lake and arrive just in time for the game.  Turned out it came early.  You may have been outcoached, but NE ran right through the supposed strength of your defense without the threat of a passing game.  Even with 9 men on the line of scrimmage, the Bills couldn't really stop them.  Surprising, and it doesn't bode well. 

The whole concept of Kyle Van Noy pisses me off.  A 2nd round pick who always looked confused and never broke the starting lineup.  Belichick rescues him from the scrap heap and turns him into a star.  The story of two organizations if there ever was one.     

Actually NO.  They did stop them.  When McDermott finally adjusted and bad Matt Milano blow them up with the help of Edmunds.  Do not over react to this loss.  The wind actually won the game for NE.  We had more red zone time than them and if Bass made that kick we would have won.  Diggs had the wind blow a TD right away  from him.  We will beat them in Foxborough and we will win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl.  Count on it

29 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Actually NO.  They did stop them.  When McDermott finally adjusted and bad Matt Milano blow them up with the help of Edmunds.  Do not over react to this loss.  The wind actually won the game for NE.  We had more red zone time than them and if Bass made that kick we would have won.  Diggs had the wind blow a TD right away  from him.  We will beat them in Foxborough and we will win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl.  Count on it

Where have I heard that one before.... :Thinking:

13 minutes ago, Walter said:

Where have I heard that one before.... :Thinking:

We have the talent.  The coaching has been inconsistent. But in fairness, Brieda really put the screws to us and McDermott with that fumble.  It took away our momentum and was a game killer.  We will respond.  Ill bet you right now we go farther than your Cowboys do.  Game on

13 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We have the talent.  The coaching has been inconsistent. But in fairness, Brieda really put the screws to us and McDermott with that fumble.  It took away our momentum and was a game killer.  We will respond.  Ill bet you right now we go farther than your Cowboys do.  Game on

Your coach was cracking me up.  Best Bill Burr impersonation I've ever seen.

That was a satisfying game to watch. I love football in inclement weather, where teams have to battle the elements as well as the other team. A throwback to old-school smash-mouth football. Bill Belichick said to the Bills we are gonna run it down your throat. What are you gonna do to stop us? Belichick saw what the weather was like and came up with the perfect game plan to maximize his team's chances and allow the Bills to make the mistakes. Belichick plays chess while the other coaches are playing checkers.

Rick, the fact that you are blaming the wind for the Bills losing does not bode well for your team's playoff future. The Bills play in freaking Buffalo...it's not exactly sunny and 70 degrees in Buffalo during January. What is the world coming to if the Bills can't play in the cold and the wind?

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Apparently, a winning streak cures all ills, as far as Tua is concerned. Maybe I'm not as down on him as I used to be, but it will still be interesting what moves Miami makes if they end up missing the playoffs...

^This. Relying on a powerhouse defense (and if you were to remove just one player Xavien Howard, that defense would diminish significantly; he's clearly the leader from a morale and play-making perspective), some great rushing, and a competent short-throwing QB will not win you any championships. Dolphins fans are notoriously fickle, but ultimately the kid needs to learn to execute big plays or they'll never be a top tier team. I don't see him ever being a Justin Herbert in that department but who knows maybe he's a slooooow learner. 😛

Edited by 1975NQ

1 hour ago, 1975NQ said:

Relying on a powerhouse defense (and if you were to remove just one player Xavien Howard, that defense would diminish significantly; he's clearly the leader from a morale and play-making perspective), some great rushing, and a competent short-throwing QB will not win you any championships. 

There are many number of teams that have won the Super Bowl in just that manner that prove you wrong. Just recently, an old and beat up Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with the Broncos when he could barely throw the ball 10 yards. What Denver did have that year was a stout defense and a running game.

Edited by Strider

5 hours ago, Strider said:

There are many number of teams that have won the Super Bowl in just that manner that prove you wrong. Just recently, an old and beat up Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with the Broncos when he could barely throw the ball 10 yards. What Denver did have that year was a stout defense and a running game.

Hey, I'd love to be proven wrong believe me. It's been a wacky year so far so who knows, maybe they'll go far. My point was, the team seems to be walking a very fine line, both offensively and defensively. Xavien Howard was out for a while this year due to injury, and the defense didn't spring back until he came back to the roster. That feels precarious to me. I've been watching the actual games (last 9 or so anyway) and this is the sense I get. They're all feeling good, and success breeds success for sure. But I think if Gaskin or Howard got knocked out for the year with an injury, it would make a big impact. Bottom line, we need a deeper bench and a stronger OL, that's just my two cents on where we are right now. Playing the Titans and then the Pats will be interesting that's for sure. 

Edited by 1975NQ

1 hour ago, Strider said:

That was a satisfying game to watch. I love football in inclement weather, where teams have to battle the elements as well as the other team. A throwback to old-school smash-mouth football. Bill Belichick said to the Bills we are gonna run it down your throat. What are you gonna do to stop us? Belichick saw what the weather was like and came up with the perfect game plan to maximize his team's chances and allow the Bills to make the mistakes. Belichick plays chess while the other coaches are playing checkers.

Rick, the fact that you are blaming the wind for the Bills losing does not bode well for your team's playoff future. The Bills play in freaking Buffalo...it's not exactly sunny and 70 degrees in Buffalo during January. What is the world coming to if the Bills can't play in the cold and the wind?

They won't have a home game after losing the AFC East. They need to check the weather in Kansas City, Boston, Baltimore, etc, etc, etc... that's IF they make the playoffs at this point.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I don't bet on football, as you should know by now. Dallas is without question a better team than Buffalo is and I do know Buffalo will still be one of the twelve teams without a Super Bowl trophy after the season is finished. The Bills might miss the playoffs entirely at this rate.