Interesting Concert Line-ups you've seen

JethroTull

Let's see 1978 at The Capitol Theater in Passaic, NJ. Be Bop Deluxe headlined, second up was Styx. I was there to see the openers, The Dictators, although I also liked Be Bop Deluxe. I remember that lead guitar player in Styx with the long shag posing and primping on stage, I wanted to kick him.

Also, early 1973 at the Palladium (formerly the Academy of Music) in NYC. Uriah Heep headling, Elf (Dio on lead vocals) and openers Manfred Man. I think (or at least I was told) all the members of Elf were like 5'2" or shorter.

Edited by JethroTull

Let me think !!

Seattle 2001 Myrtle Park Fred Zeppelin ( reggie Zep songs/Elvis singer)and Little Feat on the same bill !!

Knebworth 1990 Cliff Richard, Tears for Fears on the same bill as Pink Floyd and Robert Plant !!

Hyde Park 05:

Queen + Paul Rodgers with....

Peter Kay (crappy English stand up comedian)

Hyde Park Calling festival 2006:

Roger Waters and Nick Mason :notworthy: with...

Texas :mellow:

Starsailor :'(

Breaks Co-op :'(

Chris Difford :mellow:

April 07, Brighton:

Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy and...

Styx :wtf:

When Styx came on there was a mass exodus to anywhere apart from where the band were playing.

Edited by Hand_Of_Omega_91

The Texxas Jam ~~ Dallas Cotton Bowl ~~ July 1978

ZZ Top's Barndance & BBQ ~~ UT's Memorial Stadium (now DKR Stadium) Austin, Texas ~~September 1974

Benefit for Rubin "Hurricane" Carter ~~ Houston Astrodome ~~ 1975?

Edited by The Rover

Not that I was there but i think Jimi hendrix on the same bill as Engelbert Humperdinck in England has to be one of the strangest !!!! :blink:

A Hendrix solo in the middle of Please Release Me would've been fabulous! :lol:

Toronto Rocks Concert - Downsview Park, July30, 2003

amongst the many rock and blues acts...

The Tea Party

The Guess Who

Rush

AC/DC

The Rolling Stones

... making a special surprise guest appearance .... JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE! :blink:

... only to be pelted with water bottles, etc. by the crowd :lol:

The Texxas Jam ~~ Dallas Cotton Bowl ~~ July 1978

ZZ Top's Barndance & BBQ ~~ UT's Memorial Stadium (now DKR Stadium) Austin, Texas ~~September 1974

Ditto brother ! Ditto ! :lol:

Oh geez.....so many.....a couple...

'92 Lollapalooza:

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ice Cube, Jesus and Mary Chain, Ministry, Red Hot Chili Peppers

'93 Lollapalooza:

Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Dinosaur Jr. Alice in Chains, Primus

1969 Newport Jazz Festival:

Herbie Hancock, Johnny Winter, Buddy Rich, BB King, Led Zeppelin, Gypsy and the Savage Rose, Joe Turner

And the Newport Jazz and Folk Fests of 1990-1993, 2001 and 2005. Anywhere from 6 to 12 bands/performers each...:wacko:

I'll expand on The Rover's above...

BBQ and Barndance:

Bad Co. w/Jimmy Page, Joe Cocker, Santana, ZZTop

Texxas Jamm:

Mahogany Rush, Heart, Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Walter Egan, Head East

The Tea Party

The Guess Who

Rush

AC/DC

The Rolling Stones

Blue Rodeo, Flaming Lips, Kathleen Edwards, Sam Roberts, Sass Jordan, the Isley Brothers and La Chicane

www.iorr.org/tour03/toronto

Edited by eternal light

Here, I found the poster.

DylanBob-TourPoster.jpg

A very good friend of mine saw one of these shows in Chicago. She was impressed with Elvis Costello and not terribly impressed with Dylan, even though she specifically went to see Amos Lee. (Yeah, I know, right?).

As for mine, I saw Pearl Jam opening for Tom Petty in June 2006.

Also saw the revamped Lollapalooza the year it went on tour again (2003?) with Audioslave, Janes Addiction, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, The Donnas and Jurassic 5.

The Tea Party

The Guess Who

Rush

AC/DC

The Rolling Stones

:hysterical:

On 10 December 1998 (gosh, only just realised the date coincidence!) I went to the Amnesty International concert in Paris which had an amazing line-up, including:

Bruce Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman, Youssou N'dour, Shania Twain, Alanis Morrisette, Jimmy Page & Robert Plant, Radiohead and Asian Dub Foundation.

Seeing Peter Gabriel, Page & Plant and Radiohead play the same show was like one of those fanatasy concerts you put together for "If you could have any ticket..." kind of forum threads.

I also went to that Knebworth 1990 show mentioned above. It was like a one-day famous band checklist to tick off. I don't think a single performance was memorable though; only moment of excitement being when Jimmy Page came on to play with Robert Plant.

I also went to that Knebworth 1990 show mentioned above. It was like a one-day famous band checklist to tick off. I don't think a single performance was memorable though; only moment of excitement being when Jimmy Page came on to play with Robert Plant.

I thought Palnt, McCartney and Floyd were really great !!

I agree though on Dire Straits, Clapton, Genesis, and Elton John as being boring, I can't even remember Eltons set !!!

Woodstock 94....CSN to NIN to Metallica to Aerosmith...weird combo, eh?

I was also there. The more diverse the bill, the better.

I don't know about "interesting" but perhaps the strangest bill I ever saw was Nantucket (NC band), The Spinners and Jimmy Buffett at Apple Chill Weekend in Chapel Hill, NC back in the late 70s on the campus of UNC. Buffett even thanked the Spinners' choreographer for putting on such a dazzling show.

I just though of another one.

A strange pairing.

Poco warming up for Golden Earring on July 4, 1974 in Dallas.

The Poco slide guitarist showed he was better skilled than Golden Earring...

But great Hard Rock beats great Country-Rock anyday in my book !!