Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Redrum, you're a man of adventure. What's the longest road trip you've ever rode on your hog?

A 6 day, 1600 mile trip from the bay area through Nevada to the Bonneville Salt Flats, then down to Death Valley, spent the night in Lone Pine, then back north through Yosemite and back to the bay area. Also rode from the bay area to my sister's place in Sumner, WA. It was fun while it lasted. 😊

On 3/3/2024 at 4:32 AM, redrum said:

A 6 day, 1600 mile trip from the bay area through Nevada to the Bonneville Salt Flats, then down to Death Valley, spent the night in Lone Pine, then back north through Yosemite and back to the bay area. Also rode from the bay area to my sister's place in Sumner, WA. It was fun while it lasted. 😊

had a 98 lo rider for 20 years and would take my wife or one of my kids to ride back roads, get some ice cream etc... 3 hours tops then my ass would start hurting lol, Redrum is truly a monster of the 2 wheels 👍

11 hours ago, custard pie man said:

had a 98 lo rider for 20 years and would take my wife or one of my kids to ride back roads, get some ice cream etc... 3 hours tops then my ass would start hurting lol, Redrum is truly a monster of the 2 wheels 👍

I could never get my friends to take any long road trips. I had planned to ride to Sturgis but only so I could say I'd been there. I didn't want to stick around for the mayhem. My planned trip would have started in California to Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and then back home. Problem was the bike wasn't good enough. Still had a lot of gremlins to contend with. The salt flat trip was great though. Really enjoyed that. A comfortable seat and bars and no vibration made it a nice hi-way bike, Went two hours once without stopping.  

On 3/3/2024 at 1:32 AM, redrum said:

Cool. The longest I ever rode was a 1200-mile trek from La Crescenta to Mt. Shasta and back. 

Is there any movie Christopher Walken does not make better simply by being in it? I had to babysit the other night and the kid demanded to watch "The Country Bears", a movie I never bothered to see when it was first released and have managed to avoid all these years. Amid the mind-numbing dullness, lo and behold, Christopher Walken appears to save the movie from total boredom.

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

Cool. The longest I ever rode was a 1200-mile trek from La Crescenta to Mt. Shasta and back. 

That's a pretty good jaunt. What were you riding? Just told my nephew to head up to Whiskeytown Lake for fishing and it's pretty close to Shasta Lake, just west of Redding. 

48 minutes ago, Strider said:

Is there any movie Christopher Walken does not make better simply by being in it? I had to babysit the other night and the kid demanded to watch "The Country Bears", a movie I never bothered to see when it was first released and have managed to avoid all these years. Amid the mind-numbing dullness, lo and behold, Christopher Walken appears to save the movie from total boredom.

He was great in Biloxi Blues. 

BILOXI BLUES-WALKEN.jpg

Dug up some pics of my Bonneville road trip that was published in Iron Horse magazine. I did about 7 stories mainly on what a nightmare the Super Vee was that was 'made' by Nostagia-Cycle in Huntington Beach, CA. The con man behind it all was Steve Nelsen, AKA Steve Iorio (or Mr. Big 😄) who was basically a crook from Chicago. I truly enjoyed exposing that bastard for all the motorcycle world to see. He really had some grand illusions about replacing Harley Davidson with his idea. FAIL!!!! I had a collection of about 150 Iron Horse magazines and somehow had lost this issue. I finally found it on EBAY and paid 20 bucks for it. Sold my collection to some guy in Nebraska or Okalahoma. Can't remember. That's me on the salt, stopped on Hi-Way 93 in Nevada, and the Loneliest Phone on hi-way 50 in Nevada. I'll dig up some more later. 

IRON HORSE MAG..JPG

IRON HORSE MAGAZINES.jpg

VEE AND ME ON SALT (2).jpg

VEE ON HI-WAY 93 (2).JPG

LONELIEST PHONE.JPG

...well, I'm officially into classic rock cause my brain filled in the (nonexistent) blanks for something completely unrelated that was titled 'The Dark Side' with 'of the Moon.'

10 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Joe Biden Her name is Laken Goddammit.jpeg

One tiny error in an orherwise great speech  Look forward to another four Blue years.

5 hours ago, JTM said:

One tiny error in an orherwise great speech  Look forward to another four Blue years.

Great speech? Tiny error??   He mumbled and slurred his words all the way through and I bet if it had been your daughter who had her head smashed with a rock by an illegal alien I'm sure it would still be just a tiny error to you. But hey, if you want four more years of high gas prices high inflation, more war and more tiny errors I mean murders by illegals then vote for this asshole and literally be the problem.

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Great speech? Tiny error??   He mumbled and slurred his words all the way through and I bet if it had been your daughter who had her head smashed with a rock by an illegal alien I'm sure it would still be just a tiny error to you. But hey, if you want four more years of high gas prices high inflation, more war and more tiny errors I mean murders by illegals then vote for this asshole and literally be the problem.

I'm a Brit, so just an outside observer, obviously then unable to vote.  But if I could it would be Blue. From what I saw of the speech there was no mumbles, no slurs, just a fully alert and completely coherent Joe Biden.

Edited by JTM

7 hours ago, JTM said:

If he's competent enough, according to his sycophants, to give a "great" speech and run for office then he is competent enough to stand trial.  Where are all the MSM talking heads on that?  Just as i thought, crickets.

14 minutes ago, JTM said:

I'm a Brit, so just an outside observer, obviously then unable to vote.  But if I could it would be Blue. From what I saw of the speech there was no mumbles, no slurs, just a fully alert and completely coherent Joe Biden.

then you didn't watch the speech.

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

then you didn't watch the speech.

Actually I have seen it. Don't forget Biden has a speech impediment/stutter which he did really well in keeping under conrtol.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Actually I have seen it. Don't forget Biden has a speech impediment/stutter which he did really well in keeping under conrtol.

Please don't make excuses for this fool. Not only did he have a button with her name on it written in big letters that was probably given to him so he wouldn't fuck it up ! He said women don't have electrical power when he should have said electoral and he said roewevade  when talking about roe v wade there were others also but for the most part he yelled and complained about trump and yammered on about cookies and chips because he's mad at companies looking for ways to survive the inflation he's foisted on this country. If you liked that speech I feel bad for your country.