Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

18 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The whole area has been flattened, people pushed out, bombed, murdered. I was under the impression that in war civilians were not to be considered targets?

They're not targets, Hamas uses them as human shields. So, for example, if Hamas is using a hospital as a base of operations the hospital is getting taken out. 

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Maybe if the people of Gaza didn't elect a terrorist organization to rule as their government, watch silently as Hamas dug tunnels under their schools and hospitals in their cities, unloaded rockets and military weapons and watched them set them up in playgrounds and helped Hamas with their genocide plan and cheered when they massacred innocent Israelis on Oct 7, I'd have an ounce of sympathy for them.  

👍

October 7th has been swept under the rug. Unlike January 6th. 

17 hours ago, redrum said:

👍

October 7th has been swept under the rug. Unlike January 6th. 

Swept under the rug?!?!? It was leading news for quite a while here as it was so horrific. Maybe there redrum, but definitely not here.

Israel needs to finish the job. Wipe out Hamas. It also needs to realise it is creating a generation of enemies when so many civilians are the collateral of their campaign that seem of little to no concern. The west is supposed to represent the best of human rights, liberty, etc. Get down in the gutter with Hamas and essentially they win the PR war which is shitty, but how it is.

I don't have answers. I don't think anyone does. It's hard to get onboard with "cease fire" calls as that would be a failure but it is impossible to ignore the indifference shown to Gazan civilians. Even if they did vote in these cunts, that was a LONG time ago and they repress their own with brutality. There is zero chance once in they were ever going to be outed. It's hard to say, but you get what you vote for applies.

The real issue is the current leadership in the region and world. It's just not a good period right now.

18 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Swept under the rug?!?!? It was leading news for quite a while here as it was so horrific. Maybe there redrum, but definitely not here.

Totally forgotten, along with the hostages. Joe's going for Carter's record of days the Iranian hostages were held. 

444 days

The remaining 52 hostages were held until January 1981, up to 444 days of captivity. The hostages were initially held at the embassy, but after the takers took the cue from the failed rescue mission, the detainees were scattered around Iran in order to make a single rescue attempt impossible.

the media fails to acknowledge the hostages and  3 americans, the left in  the usa have gotten their hands around the Biden / Obama administration necks and  they are choosing to throw Israel under the bus believing they  at the  election box will get more votes is the way I see this, they are forgetting and turning their back on the millions of jews who live in this country and where more than 65% vote democratic, its a shame politics dictate foreign policy but then again it was politics that made Biden/Obama take away the sanctions that Trump had in place, the oil export crippling Iran which led to peace in the region and the Abraham accord, previous administration took it good to Iran who is the sponsor of terror but once Biden/Obama got back in power and un did everything  the previous administration  had well we have a disaster on our hands, they and their policy enriched Iran and well what happens with a lack defense and foreign policy? utter chaos!

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I've never understand why the Jewish population in America votes for the democrats when the democrats continuously choose the Pali's and Hamas over them.

👍

On 4/10/2024 at 12:38 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I've never understand why the Jewish population in America votes for the democrats when the democrats continuously choose the Pali's and Hamas over them.

Biden vows 'ironclad' support for Israel amid Iran attack fears

• Published
    4 hours ago

President Joe BidenIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES

By Max Matza & Will Vernon
BBC News

President Joe Biden has promised Israel "ironclad" US support amid fears that Tehran could launch reprisals for an attack that killed senior Iranians.

Mr Biden warned that Iran is threatening to launch a "significant attack" after Israel struck the Iranian consulate in Syria 10 days ago.

"We're going to do all we can to protect Israel's security," he added.

Earlier on Wednesday, Iran's leader said the Israeli attack in Damascus was equivalent to an attack on Iran itself.

"When they attacked our consulate area, it was like they attacked our territory," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said in a televised speech.

"The evil regime must be punished, and it will be punished."

It is unclear what form any reprisal attack would take.

For Iran to strike Israel directly would risk an even greater escalation in the conflict, and analysts have said Iran does not have the military capability for a significant confrontation.

A possible alternative is an attack via an Iranian proxy like Hezbollah, which has traded fire with Israel across the border from Lebanon almost daily since 8 October. Those exchanges have intensified in recent weeks.

"Hezbollah is very capable, hundreds of thousands of rockets and missiles there, on the border that can reach all the way into southern Israel," Joe Buccino, former Communications Director at the US military's Central Command, told the BBC.

"Hezbollah is much more capable than Hamas. So they'd have the capability to do significant damage into Israel."

On Sunday an Iranian official warned Israel's embassies were "no longer safe", suggesting a consulate building could be a possible target.

Experts have also suggested Iran could target Israel with a cyber-attack.

Thirteen people were killed in the 1 April attack on the Iranian consulate building, including senior Iranian military leaders. Among them was Brig-Gen Mohammad Reza Zahedi, a senior commander of Iran's elite Quds Force in Syria and Lebanon.

Israel has not claimed responsibility for the attack, but is widely considered to have been behind it.

US and Israeli forces in the region have been put on high alert in the days since. Last week the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) cancelled leave for soldiers serving with combat units and called up reservists to bolster air defence units.

Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Israel Katz responded on social media to Ayatollah Khamenei's comments by saying if Tehran attacked from its territory, Israel would react and "attack in Iran".

Meanwhile the head of US forces in the region, Gen Michael Kurilla, is to discuss the threat of a possible Iranian attack in talks with Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant and army Chief of Staff Lt Gen Herzi Halevi in Israel on Thursday, according to Israeli media reports.

Mr Biden's remarks came as he was speaking to journalists at the White House on Wednesday alongside Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida.

"As I told Prime Minister [Benjamin] Netanyahu, our commitment to Israel's security against these threats from Iran and its proxies is ironclad - let me say it again, ironclad," Mr Biden said.

His comments come one day after an interview, recorded a week ago, was aired in which Mr Biden urged Mr Netanyahu to "just call for a ceasefire" in Gaza and in which he said he disagreed with the prime minister's war strategy.

"I think what he's doing is a mistake. I don't agree with his approach," he said in the interview with US network Univision.

Media caption,

Watch: Biden says Netanyahu making 'a mistake' in Gaza

It also comes days after a tense phone call between Mr Biden and Mr Netanyahu in the wake of the Israeli killing of seven humanitarian aid workers in Gaza.

Mr Biden has sharpened his rhetoric over Israel's conduct in the nearly six-month-old war sparked by Hamas's 7 October attack, and voiced his growing frustration with Mr Netanyahu. Iran backs Hamas and Iranian officials have praised the attack in which about 1,200 people were killed and 253 taken to Gaza as hostages.

US officials have been attempting to send a message to the Iranians that, despite differences of opinion between Mr Biden and Mr Netanyahu, any attack on Israel will be met with an aggressive US response.

In an effort to ease tensions, the foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar and Iraq spoke to their Iranian counterpart this week, according to Axios.

The ministers were asked to convey a message from Mr Biden's senior Middle East advisor, Brett McGurk, about the need to de-escalate.

According to Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry, more than 33,000 people - mostly women and children - have been killed in the Israeli offensive, which was triggered by Hamas's attack.

Additional reporting by Raffi Berg

No president has done anything but reaffirm the ironclad agreement to defend Israel. It's the one thing that has never been partisan.

Edited by rm2551

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

Despite all of Billy Corgan's rage, he is still just a

A) Fool on a stage

B ) Baldheaded sage

C) Product of his age

D) Rat in a cage

Always thought his voice resembled Big Bird.

So AOh!C believes it's a great idea for jabe Q. Public to relieve student debt by dipping into our wallets,  a la 
Jane Jetson?
Forgive student loans so this may give them the opportunity to travel abroad if they like?
Jane, stop this crazy thing!

The only redeeming factor of Sandy Cortez from my perspective is that she has a decent rack.

I thought Isreal bombing an embassy in Syria full of Iranian military was a tad uncalled for. Then again, indiscriminately killing 35 thousand women, children and aid workers while your own security forces failed to do their job was also a tad unnecessary. Then again, pushing native Palestinians from their land, rounding them up in open air prisons with no control over the electricity or water supply, fencing them in, denying their sovereignty and refusing to accept or consider a 2 state solution is probably partly to blame. At least plenty of companies in the UK and around the world are getting rich by supplying arms to these Zionist henchmen..  

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I thought Isreal bombing an embassy in Syria full of Iranian military was a tad uncalled for. Then again, indiscriminately killing 35 thousand women, children and aid workers while your own security forces failed to do their job was also a tad unnecessary. Then again, pushing native Palestinians from their land, rounding them up in open air prisons with no control over the electricity or water supply, fencing them in, denying their sovereignty and refusing to accept or consider a 2 state solution is probably partly to blame. At least plenty of companies in the UK and around the world are getting rich by supplying arms to these Zionist henchmen..  

Laughable. "Native Palestinians". Good grief, if you're going to comment you may want to read a history book. I suggest paying close attention to the Arafat/PLO era.

Israel does not keep them imprisoned in the Gaza Strip, rather every ARAB nation in the region flatly rejects them and keeps their borders closed to them. Why do you suppose that is? I'll wait. 

Keep chugging the Left's Kool Aid. 

Edited by SteveAJones

18 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Laughable. "Native Palestinians". Good grief, if you're going to comment you may want to read a history book. I suggest paying close attention to the Arafat/PLO era.

Israel does not keep them imprisoned in the Gaza Strip, rather every ARAB nation in the region flatly rejects them and keeps their borders closed to them. Why do you suppose that is? I'll wait. 

Keep chugging the Left's Kool Aid. 

There'll be 6 million dead by the time this is over. 😬