2022 NFL Thread

Walter

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Broncos, Bears, Panthers, Commodes. Flip a coin. Broncos lost to the Colts in an unwatchable Thursday night game. Duh Bears did them one better by losing to the hapless 1-4 Commodes in another incompetent Thursday night game. As if to say hold on Chicago, Denver went out again on prime time tv and found new ways to lose on Monday night.

So, I think a Bears-Broncos game is needed to determine the worst team in the league.

Denver and even Carolina are better than the train wreck in Chitown

So Al Michaels is off in Thursday Night purgatory on Amazon...which I still have not watched. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman decided to leave Fox (maybe they got tired of calling Cowboy games?) and go to the ESPN wilderness on Monday Night, which frequently aren't that much better matchups than Thursday Nights. Sunday Night Football on NBC is now ruined with Mike Tirico replacing Al Michaels. CBS still has their #1 crew in place on Sundays with Jim Nantz and Tony Romo.

But who is Fox's #1 Sunday crew now?

12 hours ago, Strider said:

So Al Michaels is off in Thursday Night purgatory on Amazon...which I still have not watched. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman decided to leave Fox (maybe they got tired of calling Cowboy games?) and go to the ESPN wilderness on Monday Night, which frequently aren't that much better matchups than Thursday Nights. Sunday Night Football on NBC is now ruined with Mike Tirico replacing Al Michaels. CBS still has their #1 crew in place on Sundays with Jim Nantz and Tony Romo.

So Al Micheals is still working?  On Thurs night?  I have Prime so I  check out tonights game and flip to Sabres game in Calgary.  Erin Andrews is still on FOX and watching her is worth the price of admission.  Oh Erin baby. 

I had a gut instinct to pick Washington today. But then I thought it inconceivable that Green Bay could be in more disarray than the Commodes. I was wrong.

The Packers are a mess. And it is fun to watch.

Edited by Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I had a gut instinct to pick Washington today. But then I thought it inconceivable that Green Bay could be in more disarray than the Commodes. I was wrong.

The Packers are a mess. And it is fun to watch.

Bills -10.5 next Sunday night in Buffalo.  And we have two teams once again.  Bills and Sabres.  Yes GB is a mess and so is SF.  At least on D until they get healthy and Jimmy G keeps throwing pics.  Along with Matty ice

I am not ready to say Seattle is for real just yet. They haven't played any good defensive teams. Their next three games are versus the NY Giants, and at Arizona and at Tampa Bay. And San Francisco destroyed them.

But they absolutely look better than Denver. They fleeced Elway and the Broncos in that Russell Wilson trade.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I am not ready to say Seattle is for real just yet. They haven't played any good defensive teams. Their next three games are versus the NY Giants, and at Arizona and at Tampa Bay. And San Francisco destroyed them.

But they absolutely look better than Denver. They fleeced Elway and the Broncos in that Russell Wilson trade.

Pretty much agree totally Sean.  The Rams need to come back healthy and they can beat this banged up 49ers team.  SF was a real disappointment yesterday.  But I guess they have major injuries.  It shows just how good the Bills are beating KC on the road. SF got taken out to the woodshed at home.  Tonight another stinker.  NE vs Shitcago. Bears are the worst team in football.  Washington beat GB.  And the shocker Carolina pulled yesterday was something nobody saw coming. Tom Brady cannot have this season end fast enough and merciful enough.  I think the Divorce is now his number one priority.  Making sure she doesn't take him for every cent.  And I hear she is the one that started it?  Put a fork in Tampa.  And now the rest of the AFC East is winning.  And the damn Giants!!!  They sucked out again.  And I mean sucked out. They might be the worst 6-1 team in NFL history.  These last place schedules give you a real break.  But nobody saw the collapse of Green Bay to this level.  Minnesota are in the drivers seat in that division.  Big time.  So Brady vs Lamar on Thurs.  Big deal.  Ill take Lamar I guess?  But in this unpredictable season anything can happen.  NE -9 vs the Bears.   I wonder if they can make a game of this? I doubt it. Belecheck has the Jets on deck though.  But he is the type of coach that will not let them look ahead.  And they have issues at QB .  

On 10/19/2022 at 6:01 PM, Strider said:

color is Greg Olsen former tight end at Carolina

OMG!!!!😀  I think we can officially put a fork in NE!!!!  Shocker. Bears go into NE and dismantle Belecheck, bench Mac Jones, and make them look silly on National TV.  Love it. That is the shocker of the year so far.  The bookies and Vegas must have loved that one. I can imagine the money that went down on NE.  NE is nothing anyway, but the Bears were do bd they were 8.5 point doggies vs them.  This one is a head scratcher after NE did beat the daylights out of the now very confused Cleveland Browns.  I think the Jets will beat them next week but rest assured Jones is not going to play.

As for your 49ers Redrum?  Need your injured back and need to get your new toy involved.  McCaffery.  Rams off a bye up next.  And the Rams will be out for blood

The unpredictable world of the NFL. There's no polite way to say it, so I'll just say that the Packers suck & I hope they get destroyed Sunday night by Buffalo...

One loss I didn't mind having on my record was watching old man Brady eating it against Carolina. Father time has finally caught up to #12, and apparently Aaron as well....

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The unpredictable world of the NFL. There's no polite way to say it, so I'll just say that the Packers suck & I hope they get destroyed Sunday night by Buffalo...

One loss I didn't mind having on my record was watching old man Brady eating it against Carolina. Father time has finally caught up to #12, and apparently Aaron as well....

I think you are correct on Brady for sure. Father time has caught up and the divorce has to be part of it too?  Maybe.  I hear its not pleasant. And Giselle is the one that started the whole thing.  She is the gold digging bitch you fear in your worst nightmares.  Worse than any lineman coming after you.  I would be shocked if the Bills do not at least beat Green Bay by double digits. The three games i feared the most when I saw the schedule were Green Bay, Minnesota and Indy.  Trap games perhaps the NFC games.  I now only think the Minnesota game is the trap game for us. Indy has benched Ryan. Talk about wasted money. I am not sure who the Colts go with but the interception last week was a killer. Colts were moving down the field when Matty Ice thew a pic 6 and that was it. 

Watch out for Houston vs Tennessee.  They have been a nightmare for them.

Yeah, "Matty Ice" hasn't been worth anything ever since that monumental collapse in the Superbowl.

I haven't looked at the Bills schedule, but I probably wouldn't sweat that Minnesota game either. The ones I am looking forward to is when Buffalo finally plays the Jets & will hopefully leave their cleats all over them... :D

On 10/24/2022 at 5:08 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Pretty much agree totally Sean.  The Rams need to come back healthy and they can beat this banged up 49ers team.  SF was a real disappointment yesterday.  But I guess they have major injuries.  It shows just how good the Bills are beating KC on the road. SF got taken out to the woodshed at home.  Tonight another stinker.  NE vs Shitcago. Bears are the worst team in football.  Washington beat GB.  And the shocker Carolina pulled yesterday was something nobody saw coming. Tom Brady cannot have this season end fast enough and merciful enough.  I think the Divorce is now his number one priority.  Making sure she doesn't take him for every cent.  And I hear she is the one that started it?  Put a fork in Tampa.  And now the rest of the AFC East is winning.  And the damn Giants!!!  They sucked out again.  And I mean sucked out. They might be the worst 6-1 team in NFL history.  These last place schedules give you a real break.  But nobody saw the collapse of Green Bay to this level.  Minnesota are in the drivers seat in that division.  Big time.  So Brady vs Lamar on Thurs.  Big deal.  Ill take Lamar I guess?  But in this unpredictable season anything can happen.  NE -9 vs the Bears.   I wonder if they can make a game of this? I doubt it. Belecheck has the Jets on deck though.  But he is the type of coach that will not let them look ahead.  And they have issues at QB .  

Hey Cornelius, was thinking of you when my Giants plucked some personnel from your Bills. Yes, our roster is rather unimpressive - but Sheon has started out with a nice draft, and Daboll has what we have performing to the top of their abilities. I think you'll see a real team in contention, maybe as soon as next season.

Crazy day in the NFL. Cadaver Toney gets traded to KC. Chase is going down for 4-6 weeks with a hip injury and I’m hearing Hunt is being sent to the Rams in the very near future. Zeke is out for Dallas this week. And the wheel rolls on…

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Crazy day in the NFL. Cadaver Toney gets traded to KC. Chase is going down for 4-6 weeks with a hip injury and I’m hearing Hunt is being sent to the Rams in the very near future. Zeke is out for Dallas this week. And the wheel rolls on…

"Cadaver", LOL - that one got around quick. Played like 2 snaps this season, and mostly MIA as a rookie. But now he's supposedly ready to go for KC. It's been desperation for receivers on the Giants, with other players giving their all under this terrific new HC. Screw him.

I must be getting old but I went to bed before the game even started, but anytime old man Brady goes down, it's a celebration day--especially if Tampa doesn't even get a Wild Card...  :D

I suppose TB12 might be rethinking forcing out Bruce Arians, or maybe undefeated Father Time was going to tap him on the shoulder anyway....

15 hours ago, jimmie ray said:

"Cadaver", LOL - that one got around quick. Played like 2 snaps this season, and mostly MIA as a rookie. But now he's supposedly ready to go for KC. It's been desperation for receivers on the Giants, with other players giving their all under this terrific new HC. Screw him.

Yeah, if I'm a Giants fan I am saying "Good riddance, bum!"

What's the over/under on games before Toney hurts himself again? 2? 3?

On 10/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, jimmie ray said:

Hey Cornelius, was thinking of you when my Giants plucked some personnel from your Bills. Yes, our roster is rather unimpressive - but Sheon has started out with a nice draft, and Daboll has what we have performing to the top of their abilities. I think you'll see a real team in contention, maybe as soon as next season.

Im happy for Brian. Lets not forget that they are winning by the skin of their teeth but I would surely take it if I were a Giants fan.  I do not think they escape this surprising Seasttle team on the road this week.  But I have said that before, like the London game vs Green Bay, who my Bills play tonight.

Kickoff in London only 1.5 hours away!!!!  EST.   What is Russell going to cook today?

I just found out I cant get this game?  I have ESPN and ESPN2 but I guess you have to pay to see it.  No thanks.  I already have Prime to see the Bills on Dec 1

Edited by LedZeppfan1977