2022 NFL Thread

Walter

10 hours ago, Metta said:

Came up short again pRicky..... AHHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

as all time losers go you're still the best

😘🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😘

Instigating prick!  I assure you we will get it done.  And soon so will my Sabres and Orioles.  Young teams that are coming.  

one more thought on cowboys as bad as Dak played, 2 picks, had receivers wide open deep including Gallup with 2 minutes to go and had a pick six dropped with 2:30 to go lets not forget the most overrated defensive back in football, Diggs! with Kittles great, game changing catch it was Diggs who could of popped him and easily  had the triple bobble fall incomplete, instead Diggs what he does best, closed his eyes and whiffed, that was just as big as Daks miscues I believe , won't even include his blown interception right before  49ers touchdown, my last rant, rooting for niners but had to pick philly

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

Payton and Brady in Dallas. Come on, Jerry...make it happen.

I can't see Jerry hiring a coach who most likely  could make Dak a much better qb, because he can't make Payton do what he insist and Jerry knows it, also Payton would have no problem benching the highest paid player if  it would help team win, no Jerry has the perfect patsy in house now

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Payton and Brady in Dallas. Come on, Jerry...make it happen.

So you want Dallas to lose?  Brady is 46 and he looks it.  Are you for real?   Prescott under contract.  What you think they are going to bench him  Jerry Jones bit and signed him.   Mistake?   Maybe.  But I think they blame him too often when they lose.  Im going to stick up for him.  I do not blame him for the loss at SF.  They simply do not have enough weapons. The Bills have more weapons at the receiver position.  Its time to move on from Elliot.  And given the injury to Pollard, drafting a RB is a must. They also need to get more help in the secondary.  If they had the weapons I think Dak is good enough to get them farther.  As for my boys, I am hoping Brandon Beane does not allow his personal feelings towards some of the coach's get in the way of doing the right thing.  I believe we lost this game for one reason.  COACHING. Speaking of which, it seems the Tampa win was enough to keep McCarthy from getting fired?  Probably just as well leaving him on.  They must use the draft and FA to upgrade. My boys must keep the important guys healthy.  I heard they must make decisions on defense concerning contracts? Not sure who is up but a must sign to me is Teron Johnson.  That is great.  He is the one that pick sixed Lamar and Rothlesberger.  He tackles better than anyone along with Matt Milano who is another must keep.  Edmunds?  If we got a Kings ransom I might consider trading him.  He is good, but if we got enough, Id trade.  Must sign Oliver and the guy from Miami.  Reuchell I believe not that I know the spelling

Anyone who knows the Cowboys organization must be aware Sean Payton and the Jones family are very close. There would be no problem with Payton being the Cowboys HC, from either side.

With that said, the Saints want at least one 1st round pick for Payton. He is still under contract through the 2024 season, so the Saints will have the rights for two more seasons. 

I can't see the Cowboys giving up a 1st round pick for him, with so many holes to fill during the offseason.

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So you want Dallas to lose?  Brady is 46 and he looks it.  Are you for real?   Prescott under contract.  What you think they are going to bench him  Jerry Jones bit and signed him.   Mistake?   Maybe.  But I think they blame him too often when they lose.  Im going to stick up for him.  I do not blame him for the loss at SF.  They simply do not have enough weapons. The Bills have more weapons at the receiver position.  Its time to move on from Elliot.  And given the injury to Pollard, drafting a RB is a must. They also need to get more help in the secondary.  If they had the weapons I think Dak is good enough to get them farther.  As for my boys, I am hoping Brandon Beane does not allow his personal feelings towards some of the coach's get in the way of doing the right thing.  I believe we lost this game for one reason.  COACHING. Speaking of which, it seems the Tampa win was enough to keep McCarthy from getting fired?  Probably just as well leaving him on.  They must use the draft and FA to upgrade. My boys must keep the important guys healthy.  I heard they must make decisions on defense concerning contracts? Not sure who is up but a must sign to me is Teron Johnson.  That is great.  He is the one that pick sixed Lamar and Rothlesberger.  He tackles better than anyone along with Matt Milano who is another must keep.  Edmunds?  If we got a Kings ransom I might consider trading him.  He is good, but if we got enough, Id trade.  Must sign Oliver and the guy from Miami.  Reuchell I believe not that I know the spelling

Yeah dude, I was joking. I'm not a Dallas fan. To me, Dallas is more interesting when it is a circus and Payton and Brady would make it a circus. With McFarty and Kellen Moore, they are just boring predictable losers. They will always be out-coached no matter who their players are. How many times can Jerry watch the Cowboys make stupid mistakes, commit stupid penalties, waste time and mismanage timeouts, wave the white flag by running out the punt team on 4th and short, and dial up the worst final plays in NFL history? Jerry's a liar. He does not want to win. If he did he would have done something by now. He is like Al Davis in his dotage. He thinks he is still a football genius and he can win by doing things his way and doesn't realize that modern football has passed him by.

But hey, I am all for watching overrated, overpaid Zeke get blown up and pancaked into the turf every year if that is what Jerry wants to see. Please, McFarty, draw up some more plays where Zeke hikes the ball and gets blown into oblivion. That will always be good for a laugh.

It was exactly 20 years ago today when the Raiders last appeared in a Super Bowl. They blew it, to put it mildly. Tim Brown and some others seem to think Bill Callahan sabotaged the Raiders but I doubt that. But there was something strange about the game and the game plan. Not changing the play terminology after Gruden left was definitely a mistake. It was the last Super Bowl I'll ever attend. It's not worth the money anymore.

s-l500.jpg.18b400340131450b3071c3ce25b32945.jpg

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, Strider said:

It was exactly 20 years ago today when the Raiders last appeared in a Super Bowl. They blew it, to put it mildly. Tim Brown and some others seem to think Bill Callahan sabotaged the Raiders but I doubt that. But there was something strange about the game and the game plan. Not changing the play terminology after Gruden left was definitely a mistake. It was the last Super Bowl I'll ever attend. It's not worth the money anymore.

s-l500.jpg.18b400340131450b3071c3ce25b32945.jpg

true story Strider but you probably won't believe me, a gentleman who grew up in ct. and knew my dad and his best friend, were alter boys together, left new haven and moved out west to california to persue his dreams in the  mid to late sixties, he eventually hit it  very big and lived next to Jimmy Stewart and while deer hunting in northern maine around 1985 actually called David Lee of VH because the waitress at some hick bar said that was her favorite group, anyways he told a story of how he was tipped off by a close "insider" to bet everything I believe it was  maybe Vikings in super bowl against raiders because the insider  and his  " friends took Kenny Stabler out night before and  missed curfew, would of failed any booze or perhaps drug test day of super bowl, and had lipstick all over him, I will call our friend "Tony from beverly Hills" but Stabler  was unbelievable in this blow out win and had one of his greates games, Tony and  his clan lost their ass on this one but he could afford it, I while hunting with our families  for a week for 20 years would never doubt anything  he ever told me, Stabler must of been one hell of a partier

5 hours ago, custard pie man said:

true story Strider but you probably won't believe me, a gentleman who grew up in ct. and knew my dad and his best friend, were alter boys together, left new haven and moved out west to california to persue his dreams in the  mid to late sixties, he eventually hit it  very big and lived next to Jimmy Stewart and while deer hunting in northern maine around 1985 actually called David Lee of VH because the waitress at some hick bar said that was her favorite group, anyways he told a story of how he was tipped off by a close "insider" to bet everything I believe it was  maybe Vikings in super bowl against raiders because the insider  and his  " friends took Kenny Stabler out night before and  missed curfew, would of failed any booze or perhaps drug test day of super bowl, and had lipstick all over him, I will call our friend "Tony from beverly Hills" but Stabler  was unbelievable in this blow out win and had one of his greates games, Tony and  his clan lost their ass on this one but he could afford it, I while hunting with our families  for a week for 20 years would never doubt anything  he ever told me, Stabler must of been one hell of a partier

Why wouldn't I believe you?

Hell, the Raiders were known for partying. It was the same for the 1980 season Super Bowl between Oakland and Philadelphia, which was held in New Orleans that year. Everyone thought the Eagles had the edge because Eagles coach Dick Vermeil kept the team under curfew and looked like they were treating the game serious, while the Raiders were out all night carousing on Bourbon Street.

Result? The Raiders won 27-10.

18 hours ago, redrum said:

After the 49ers won SB 16. Me (top left) and my brothers Mick, Bob (Mojo), Glenn, Gene (Pops), and Larry (The Hawk). Only 3 of us left. 

THOMASSON BROTHERS.jpg

Dagnabbit redrum, where's your facial hair? Love the authentic trucker-hat vibe.

On 1/28/2023 at 3:15 AM, redrum said:

After the 49ers won SB 16. Me (top left) and my brothers Mick, Bob (Mojo), Glenn, Gene (Pops), and Larry (The Hawk). Only 3 of us left. 

THOMASSON BROTHERS.jpg

Nice!  I will tune into the game but not interested in watching the “good ole boys”, Bradshaw and JJ and Howie and the rest laughing at each other’s lame attempt at stupid jokes!  Good luck with your 49ers. 

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Nice!  I will tune into the game but not interested in watching the “good ole boys”, Bradshaw and JJ and Howie and the rest laughing at each other’s lame attempt at stupid jokes!  Good luck with your 49ers. 

A sad day all the way around. 😣