2022 NFL Thread

Walter

Brady retiring? The cynic in me wants to start the over/under on how long this one will last before teams like San Fran or the Raiders try to lure him back.

Btw, I don't want to try and crap all over a 1st ballot hall of famer, but I can assume most of these sports shows today are going to be ridiculous talking about how Brady went out on his own terms--like he didn't actually stick around one season too long, or put up those empty calorie passing stats for a team that won a beyond shit division with an 8-9 record....

23 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I hear the NFL is in discussions to split the league championship games...one on Sunday and the other on Monday night.  Their other bright idea is neutral sites for both games.  How that increases their profits or league visibility is beyond me.  I think the current system of having only one team from each conference getting a first week bye to be ignorant.  This year's extra playoff spot in the NFC left Detroit, Green Bay and Seattle vying for that spot in the last week.  None of those teams were playoff worthy.  Was that all done so the league could have a Monday night wild card blow-out game?  Their next move will be a Saturday night game on wild-card weekend to be exclusively  on Amazon or U-tube.

2022: 9.6 million viewers on Amazon Prime/local channels
2021: 16.2 million viewers on Fox/NFL Net/Amazon/local channels

Only the NFL could spin a 41% drop in Thursday night viewership as a success.

totally wrong with the reasons for a 41 % drop, you see its not that   viewership has gone down thursday nite because of a bone head move by nfl but rather the nfl is now much more selective in who they will allow to watch, believe nascar which once filled stadiums every week must have the same marketing geniuses 😂

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So i am saying Eagles in a blowout. 38-17 or 45 to 20.  Nobody outside of KC and Philly gives a shit.   

Thanks pRicky!!!!

This was exactly the loser genius prediction I was looking for before I lay out some cash on the game. Should be able to buy yet another vacation home on your idiocy.  😂😂😂🤡

.... and ... uh...yeh... 🤣.. no one is interested in the game anyways... unlike if big market giants and perennial losers The Bills were playing...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡💩

On 1/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Living with it the rest of his life is his sentence. These guys never get over missed opportunities at this level. 

This was awesome to watch. Kapp is now my hero. 😊

JOE KAPP.jpg

35 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Would have been fun to watch his era

Badass

Love those old films. You sure as hell don't hear the crunch these days as they've practically gone to flag football. Joe was one tough S.O.B. 👍😊

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

flag football will be coming  i'm afraid

The National Football League announced today a transformation of the Pro Bowl, renaming the tentpole event as "The Pro Bowl Games." Taking place in Las Vegas in 2023, The Pro Bowl Games presented by Verizon will be a week-long celebration of player skills featuring an exciting new format that spotlights Flag football. The multi-day AFC vs NFC competition will culminate in an action-packed flag game featuring Pro Bowl players at Allegiant Stadium, and will air on ESPN and ABC on Sunday, Feb. 5, 2023.

🤪🤪

On 2/1/2023 at 2:21 PM, Metta said:

Thanks pRicky!!!!

This was exactly the loser genius prediction I was looking for before I lay out some cash on the game. Should be able to buy yet another vacation home on your idiocy.  😂😂😂🤡

.... and ... uh...yeh... 🤣.. no one is interested in the game anyways... unlike if big market giants and perennial losers The Bills were playing...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡💩

So who is your money on Mr big shot?  Your the real idiot here.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:59 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Would have been fun to watch his era

Badass

They sealed the fate of this very good Vikings team by putting the Super Bowl on turf.  If this game were on grass Minnesota and the Purple People eaters would have rolled that KC team.  I have this listed as the 3rd or 4th biggest upset in sports.  Number one will always be the Jets win vs the Baltimore Colts.  And the year after each of these monumental upsets occurred, they had rematch's and predictably, the Colts and Vikings won in blowouts.

13 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Rick, whenever you see this, are the Bengals & Chiefs on the Bills schedule for the upcoming 2023 season?

Yes, and both on the road.  Also our division plays the NFC East.  So Miami and the Bills play Giants, Dallas, Eagles and Redskins.  We play at Philly and both Giants and Dallas come to Buffalo. Fast sellouts

Some future Super Bowl sites

2024  Las Vegas

2025  New Orleans

2026  London or SF?  If London is indeed chosen it will be interesting. Wont that simply be an invitation to the privileged to attend?  It is almost impossible to get a ticket now even if your team makes it.  

2027  Dallas

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Now that Brady is officially retired--and most have accepted it's for real--I guess the usual NFL soap opera can takeover; what is the future of Aaron Rodgers...

Of course, if Aaron wants to possibly migrate to Miami, I'll stop popping off at the lips about what an egotistical SOB he is--that and the fact that he doesn't appear to be a scumbag like Favre... :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Now that Brady is officially retired--and most have accepted it's for real--I guess the usual NFL soap opera can takeover; what is the future of Aaron Rodgers...

Of course, if Aaron wants to possibly migrate to Miami, I'll stop popping off at the lips about what an egotistical SOB he is--that and the fact that he doesn't appear to be a scumbag like Favre... :rolleyes:

https://abc7ny.com/sports/2023-nfl-regular-season-opponents-for-all-32-teams/12678643/

It seems the Jets are the more likely landing place for Rogers if he should chose the AFC East.  I highly doubt it

Speaking of Brady, it did not take long for him to find another twenty something year old blonde bombshell filled with silicone.  He will be happy and broke as soon as he stops working.  I hope he has lots of credit cards ready for the next gold digger.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Speaking of Brady, it did not take long for him to find another twenty something year old blonde bombshell filled with silicone.  He will be happy and broke as soon as he stops working.  I hope he has lots of credit cards ready for the next gold digger.

CARTOON.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 9:41 AM, Bong-Man said:

I hear the NFL is in discussions to split the league championship games...one on Sunday and the other on Monday night.  Their other bright idea is neutral sites for both games.  How that increases their profits or league visibility is beyond me.  I think the current system of having only one team from each conference getting a first week bye to be ignorant.  This year's extra playoff spot in the NFC left Detroit, Green Bay and Seattle vying for that spot in the last week.  None of those teams were playoff worthy.  Was that all done so the league could have a Monday night wild card blow-out game?  Their next move will be a Saturday night game on wild-card weekend to be exclusively  on Amazon or U-tube.

2022: 9.6 million viewers on Amazon Prime/local channels
2021: 16.2 million viewers on Fox/NFL Net/Amazon/local channels

Only the NFL could spin a 41% drop in Thursday night viewership as a success.

I agree. I didn't watch Thursday night games much this season. Partially due to matchups, partially due to Amazon's unwatchable broadcasts. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, redrum said:

SF gets to play Philly again..........In Philly. 

SF needs to figure what its going to do at the QB position moving forward.  I would think they either draft someone or pick up a journeyman that can compete with Purdy.  Im not sure you can simply think he is the franchise guy right now?  It seems that Jimmy G will be traded?  

On 2/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, redrum said:

SF gets to play Philly again..........In Philly. 

If not for our dumb ass coach's the Super Bowl would be Buffalo and SF.  Shanahan for not throwing a red blanket on that no catch.  It changed the entire game.  And Frazier for even showing up at the stadium.  Should have been fired along with marble head after the 13 seconds fiasco.  Idiots. Lets see how much more Pegula and Brandon Beane tolerate. 

So I do not get the line on this game one bit.  I have Philly blowing them out like 45-20.  KC cant stop the run.  Cant stop anything. Only a choke job by Hurts can ruin it.  Physically the Eagles should pummel them.  I like Philly big.  To me this is the worst game since Pittsburgh and Seattle which I could not watch.  And the Montana led SF team that murdered Denver.  Only because it was a forgone conclusion. The books must have gotten killed on that day.  

I remember my late step father throwing me out of the house in 1971 for cheering for the Baltimore Colts vs Dallas.  He had $60 on Dallas.  I hefty wager in 1971.  That was Super Bowl V.  Five for those that dont know Roman numerals.  The blunder bowl.  Like 9 turnovers.  Lots of fumbles.  Game winning FG set up on an interception by the great small sized all pro Mike Curtis.  An unknown kicker of the day, O'Brian kicked the winner with little time left.  

https://13wham.com/news/local/daughter-shares-update-on-bills-co-owner-kim-pegulas-health

Kim Pegula, long awaited update on Bills?Sabres co owner.  She suffered a heart attack in June.  Her life saved by her daughter, sister of the number 4 ranked tennis player in the world.   Many here are pulling for her. She still has problems but it appears her life is saved.