2022 NFL Thread

Walter

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Jimmy G., Rodgers... There might be a few good options at QB & none of them are coming to Miami.  😔

Btw, I wonder how the media will eat up Rodgers going on a dark retreat and tying threads to him reuniting with Adams in Vegas. And I'll be damned if I didn't almost type Oakland...

Because of Devonte Adams tweet, there was a Rodgers going to the Raiders buzz, but I don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

I just got a little melancholy remembering that this is always the most boring part of the calendar for sports. After the big game & only the NBA to tide me over, while the baseball season is still over a month away... :(

Ill take the NHL over the NBA any day and much of the time Ill take the NHL over any sport.  I have always loved hockey.  Its only 3 more years now until the next World cup in North America.  Since they had it in November its only a 3.5 yr wait.  Now only about 3.    USA, Mexico and Canada will have the games and I guess central America is also in the mix?  Soccer does have on thing over the rest of the sports, its the only true World Championship because its the only sport played on every continent.  Hockey is close but they do not really play it in South America or Africa.  

On 2/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, Walter said:

I believe Jimmy G is a free agent after this season. So, the SF QB dilemma would be between Lance and Purdy.  

I think Rogers will wind up staying in GB.  So what happens with Dak Prescott?  You know how impatient JJ is.  Are they stuck with him come hell or high water or do they have options?  He is likely the starter to start the season If they  get another good WR it would help him.  I do not think they are deep enough on defense.  They come to Buffalo this year.  That game and the Giants game will be fast sellouts.  Both have their share of fans here as well as Cleveland and Miami.   The eGiants tickets may be worth scalping.  LOL

cowboys have a talented roster and  great group of receivers, their defense played very well and raise havoc on the QB, the problem is and always has been turnovers and that falls on 1 guy Prescott, that and brutal clock management, its sad to say but believe  daks rookie year was by far his best, too many times  does he turnover the ball and defense has to run out  and once again make a stop, the 49er game is a microcosm of his whole career, blown points on costly turnovers and missing wide open people open down field, so oc has left, need Pollard to bounce back strong, was so hoping  Peyton would come in and work his magic with Dak, oh well, btw when Rush was in for 5 games he was 5-1 and only loss was  monday night at eagles, they didn't score as much as when Dak started but they didn't turn ball over, controlled the clock, rested their defense which as a result gave up fewer points with rush as qb, balanced attack wins games, league loves to hype  the star qb but come playoff time and maybe in bad weather the star doesn't play well and their out

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think Rogers will wind up staying in GB.  So what happens with Dak Prescott?  You know how impatient JJ is.  Are they stuck with him come hell or high water or do they have options?  He is likely the starter to start the season If they  get another good WR it would help him.  I do not think they are deep enough on defense.  They come to Buffalo this year.  That game and the Giants game will be fast sellouts.  Both have their share of fans here as well as Cleveland and Miami.   The eGiants tickets may be worth scalping.  LOL

They are going to become more of a run orientated offense, IMO, to keep a leash on Dak and then have precision passes, like a west coast offense, with the expectation of YAC to increase. That's what I think will happen in Dallas going forward. 

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Trying not to be too much of a smart-ass, but maybe Payton got some sage advice from Jimmy while working at FOX sports, that being don't go to work for PT Barnum; otherwise known as Jerry Jones.... :D

Dallas was never going to give a 1st round pick for a coach. Also, looks like Payton has his hands already filled with a troubled qb in Wilson....

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So what happens with Dak Prescott?  You know how impatient JJ is. 

Which Jerry Jones have you been watching the last 20 years? Impatient? The guy stuck way too long with Jason puppet Garrett and now he is sticking with McFarty way too long. He's old and senile, just as AL Davis was at the end.

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

cowboys have a talented roster and  great group of receivers, their defense played very well and raise havoc on the QB, the problem is and always has been turnovers and that falls on 1 guy Prescott, that and brutal clock management, its sad to say but believe  daks rookie year was by far his best, too many times  does he turnover the ball and defense has to run out  and once again make a stop, the 49er game is a microcosm of his whole career, blown points on costly turnovers and missing wide open people open down field, so oc has left, need Pollard to bounce back strong, was so hoping  Peyton would come in and work his magic with Dak, oh well, btw when Rush was in for 5 games he was 5-1 and only loss was  monday night at eagles, they didn't score as much as when Dak started but they didn't turn ball over, controlled the clock, rested their defense which as a result gave up fewer points with rush as qb, balanced attack wins games, league loves to hype  the star qb but come playoff time and maybe in bad weather the star doesn't play well and their out

What Cowboys team did you watch this season? One receiver and a bunch of scrubs. 

I just had a dreadful thought and so I looked up the tv listing for the Super Bowl. Whew...it is Fox. Which means we will be spared Tony Romo gargling Mahomes' nuts.

Whatever you think of Fox's crew of Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olson, it is still better than having to listen to Romo on CBS.

Now, some of you may remember me praising Romo when he first started broadcasting with Jim Nantz on CBS and that is true. I did like Romo at first. His call of the 2018 AFC Championship game was one of the most remarkable analysis jobs I had ever seen. But something happened to Romo during the covid shutdown. Pre-2020 Romo is mostly good. Post-2020 Romo is shrill, sloppy, repetitive, annoying. We have a drinking game at my house during Romo broadcasts. We take a drink every time Romo shrieks "I don't know Jim!".

The sign of Romo's slippage started to become clear when Mahomes and Kansas City advanced to the Super Bowl in 2020 and Romo went apeshit crowing about could Mahomes win more than 8 Super Bowls and erase the GOAT Brady. Ummm, dude...how about you wait until Mahomes wins even one Super Bowl?

Greg Olson is so good, I don't see how Fox could bench him for the unknown quantity that is Brady next year? Brady has all the earmarks of a brilliant football mind but dull announcer...like Drew Brees.

Edited by Strider

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Brady has all the earmarks of a brilliant football mind but dull announcer...like Drew Brees.

No, Brady is not known for his personality and that's going to be a problem for Fox. Fox & Brady...it's a coin flip as to which side will tire of the other first.

19 hours ago, Walter said:

They are going to become more of a run orientated offense, IMO, to keep a leash on Dak and then have precision passes, like a west coast offense, with the expectation of YAC to increase. That's what I think will happen in Dallas going forward. 

we need Pollard in the worst way to make a complete recovery, not sure what happens with zeke but that back up # 34 showed he is more than capable, you might be right so lets hope # 88 is on board and him and Gallup embrace west coast

17 hours ago, Walter said:

What Cowboys team did you watch this season? One receiver and a bunch of scrubs. 

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Gallup once healthy proved he is no scrub also they did very well with their tight ends, running routes and catching the ball wasn't their problem, to many turnovers was

14 hours ago, Strider said:

I just had a dreadful thought and so I looked up the tv listing for the Super Bowl. Whew...it is Fox. Which means we will be spared Tony Romo gargling Mahomes' nuts.

Whatever you think of Fox's crew of Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olson, it is still better than having to listen to Romo on CBS.

Now, some of you may remember me praising Romo when he first started broadcasting with Jim Nantz on CBS and that is true. I did like Romo at first. His call of the 2018 AFC Championship game was one of the most remarkable analysis jobs I had ever seen. But something happened to Romo during the covid shutdown. Pre-2020 Romo is mostly good. Post-2020 Romo is shrill, sloppy, repetitive, annoying. We have a drinking game at my house during Romo broadcasts. We take a drink every time Romo shrieks "I don't know Jim!".

The sign of Romo's slippage started to become clear when Mahomes and Kansas City advanced to the Super Bowl in 2020 and Romo went apeshit crowing about could Mahomes win more than 8 Super Bowls and erase the GOAT Brady. Ummm, dude...how about you wait until Mahomes wins even one Super Bowl?

Greg Olson is so good, I don't see how Fox could bench him for the unknown quantity that is Brady next year? Brady has all the earmarks of a brilliant football mind but dull announcer...like Drew Brees.

agree Brady and Brees are almost the same in their amazing knowledge of the game but perhaps to analytical and not enough color, better suited to o.f.c. job on sidelines if they still want to be part of the game after hanging  up cleats

The Lions 1st game of the year was against Philly, and I remember watching Hurst's performance that day and thinking, if he can do that all year, they're going to the Super Bowl.  Now here they are.  Betting against Mahomes however, is like betting against Sugar Ray Leanard.  Best to keep your money in your wallet when the refs are in charge.

When I was a kid Johnny Unitas was the goat.  Then Joe Montana became the goat.  Next it was Brady.  Have no fear, they'll be another goat.

The end of football usually means a sports break until Baseball starts.  However, considering the Tiger's outlook, it may be a lot longer. :(    

On 2/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Ill take the NHL over the NBA any day and much of the time Ill take the NHL over any sport.  I have always loved hockey.  

How them Sabres working out for ya champ... about as well as the Bills 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡💩💩💩🤣🤣🤡

Oh pRicky you're so fine...

Hey pRicky.

Enjoy the game buddy.

"Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!"

The Super Bowl would be infinitely more entertaining if they got rid of Joe Buck and let Kevin Harlan call the TV broadcast. As it is, poor Kevin is relegated to the radio booth. So if you can, the best way to watch the Super Bowl would be to watch the TV with the sound off and listen to Kavin Harlan's radio call on Westwood One radio.

Edited by Strider

On 2/9/2023 at 5:28 PM, Strider said:

Amen to that.  I cant stand Romo.  He has simply gone too far.  Id take Aikman as an analyst over him any day if I have to pick a former Cowboy.  I like Troy actually

18 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

The Lions 1st game of the year was against Philly, and I remember watching Hurst's performance that day and thinking, if he can do that all year, they're going to the Super Bowl.  Now here they are.  Betting against Mahomes however, is like betting against Sugar Ray Leanard.  Best to keep your money in your wallet when the refs are in charge.

When I was a kid Johnny Unitas was the goat.  Then Joe Montana became the goat.  Next it was Brady.  Have no fear, they'll be another goat.

The end of football usually means a sports break until Baseball starts.  However, considering the Tiger's outlook, it may be a lot longer. :(    

I still do not get this line.  A top writer at CBS I agree with.  He has Eagles in a blowout, taking the lead early, and chasing Mahomes all day.  The pass rush is going to be a major problem for KC.  The Eagles are better in every phase physically.  The bookies are not fooling me on this one.  Eagles in a blowout.