2022 NFL Thread

Walter

9 hours ago, Strider said:

It's early but the way that San Francisco failed to challenge that Eagles catch on 4th and 3 that wasn't a catch and Philadelphia did successfully challenge Brock Purdy's fumble has tilted the game in the Eagles favour.

Maybe that's why they didn't give Philly the 'touched the wire' call. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Sorry about the poor showing today, red. The 9’ers have some things to think about at the qb position. 
This KC/Cincy game is a banger though! Let’s go Joey B!! 

I'm pretty sure it would have been a closer game if Purdy hadn't gotten hit. 

is it just me or did every  big call go against Bengals? still Burrow had a couple chances and went deep when I thought it was time to milk  clock and methodically take some time and march down the field, inexcusable what # 58 did, no excuse for that late hit, early game should of had a mercy rule after 5 minutes of the game, no qb, just  go to hotel and hit the bars lol

Wait....We didn't like the outcome of THAT play.  Let's have a 'do over'.  WTF??  If I was Cinci's coach, I would have been ejected right there.  I don't think that stretch play was a 1st down either.  Neither angle was enough to turn over anything.  Great game by Mahomes though.  He took the hit and threaded the needle on that one TD like only he can.  I didn't see the Bengals try to hit Kelce at the line of scrimmage even one time.

19 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Wait....We didn't like the outcome of THAT play.  Let's have a 'do over'.  WTF??  If I was Cinci's coach, I would have been ejected right there.  I don't think that stretch play was a 1st down either.  Neither angle was enough to turn over anything.  Great game by Mahomes though.  He took the hit and threaded the needle on that one TD like only he can.  I didn't see the Bengals try to hit Kelce at the line of scrimmage even one time.

thought the same about the stretch play I also think its odd or peculiar how in philly first score there is no reviews showing ball is clearly out and on the ground but in other games you immediately see the replays, know its coming back and  usually refs just change ruling and no one uses the challenge, its almost as if the nfl wanted the match up they got, and this was before  the rookie qb got nailed

Of course, hindsight is always 20/20, but I thought the Bengals on that 2nd to last drive with about 2 minutes on the clock around have thought about handing the ball of more, to try and eat up clock and leave KC with as little time as possible to come back.

I mean, Mixon popped off a 7yd run to make it 2nd down and 3, then they launch 2 deep passes??? Anyway, that was one heck of a game, even though I was rooting for Cincinnati.

I'll call it now... Chiefs 30, Eagles 26

Two of the more poorly refereed Conference Championship games I have seen. I also don't think I have ever seen a team have to play without any healthy quarterbacks like San Francisco did yesterday. I still think Shanahan should have thrown a red challenge flag immediately. It was fourth down and the 49ers would have taken over and kept it a scoreless game. You could tell when the Eagles receiver was telling his team to hurry up and run another play that he knew it was not a catch. Oh well, tough break for San Francisco having both Purdy and Johnson injured by Reddick.

As for Cincinnati, their O-line woes were finally exposed. This is what people thought would happen against Buffalo, but somehow the Bills defense didn't show up. Also, #58 Joseph Ossai goes down in the bonehead play hall of shame. I was yelling at the tv as he neared the sideline "Don't touch him!" as I knew the flag would come out and it would be game over. The fact that he hurt himself on the play was karmic retribution.

That is the kind of play that will get you bounced out of the league, as happened to Green Bay Packer Brandon Bostick when he blew his assignment on the onside kick against Seattle in the 2014 NFC Championship. Green Bay cut him after the game and then he was successively picked up and waived by Minnesota and Arizona in the 2015 season. His last team was the NY Jets in 2015-16.

Now I am stuck with a Kansas City-Philadelphia Super Bowl where I hate both teams. I just want the earth to open up and swallow both teams. I probably won't even watch the game. That way I can avoid Rihanna's stupid halftime show and all of those annoying commercials. 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Two of the more poorly refereed Conference Championship games I have seen. I also don't think I have ever seen a team have to play without any healthy quarterbacks like San Francisco did yesterday. I still think Shanahan should have thrown a red challenge flag immediately. It was fourth down and the 49ers would have taken over and kept it a scoreless game. You could tell when the Eagles receiver was telling his team to hurry up and run another play that he knew it was not a catch. Oh well, tough break for San Francisco having both Purdy and Johnson injured by Reddick.

As for Cincinnati, their O-line woes were finally exposed. This is what people thought would happen against Buffalo, but somehow the Bills defense didn't show up. Also, #58 Joseph Ossai goes down in the bonehead play hall of shame. I was yelling at the tv as he neared the sideline "Don't touch him!" as I knew the flag would come out and it would be game over. The fact that he hurt himself on the play was karmic retribution.

That is the kind of play that will get you bounced out of the league, as happened to Green Bay Packer Brandon Bostick when he blew his assignment on the onside kick against Seattle in the 2014 NFC Championship. Green Bay cut him after the game and then he was successively picked up and waived by Minnesota and Arizona in the 2015 season. His last team was the NY Jets in 2015-16.

Now I am stuck with a Kansas City-Philadelphia Super Bowl where I hate both teams. I just want the earth to open up and swallow both teams. I probably won't even watch the game. That way I can avoid Rihanna's stupid halftime show and all of those annoying commercials. 

agree on most points and last time I ever heard Rihannas name was maybe  a grammy show and my daughters were yelling for me to watch her well this maybe 10-15 years back but I remember she didn't perform , her druggy man beat the crap out of her right before show and she cancelled

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Maybe Chris Brown will do a cameo. 

22 hours ago, redrum said:

A sad day all the way around. 😣

Total crap how that non catch was not called. Shanahan did not see it until too late, another shortcoming of this game. The English do have more legitimacy to their game.  The officiating in the NFL stinks.

And KC gets a free ride. Bullshit flag thrown on a marginal out of bounds push on sissy ass bitch Mahomes.  His showboating was a joke too.  Showing everyone how much pain he is in.  The Eagles will crush them.  If Cincy had made it at least it would have been a better game.  I will check in and flip.    

8 hours ago, Strider said:

#58 Joseph Ossai goes down in the bonehead play hall of shame. I was yelling at the tv as he neared the sideline "Don't touch him!" as I knew the flag would come out and it would be game over. The fact that he hurt himself on the play was karmic retribution.

Living with it the rest of his life is his sentence. These guys never get over missed opportunities at this level. 

I hear the NFL is in discussions to split the league championship games...one on Sunday and the other on Monday night.  Their other bright idea is neutral sites for both games.  How that increases their profits or league visibility is beyond me.  I think the current system of having only one team from each conference getting a first week bye to be ignorant.  This year's extra playoff spot in the NFC left Detroit, Green Bay and Seattle vying for that spot in the last week.  None of those teams were playoff worthy.  Was that all done so the league could have a Monday night wild card blow-out game?  Their next move will be a Saturday night game on wild-card weekend to be exclusively  on Amazon or U-tube.

2022: 9.6 million viewers on Amazon Prime/local channels
2021: 16.2 million viewers on Fox/NFL Net/Amazon/local channels

Only the NFL could spin a 41% drop in Thursday night viewership as a success.

11 minutes ago, jabe said:

You're ready to move on from Tua?

With me, it's not an issue of trusting him as a QB--which I never did--it's more being concerned about his long term health if he keeps piling up the concussions.

But--as far as the field is concerned--I've always been on the side of fans who think we should've drafted Herbert instead of Tua....

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

If Jimmy Garoppolo needs a landing spot next year, you'll be welcome in Miami as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, when the season is over, will all NFL news be where is Tom Brady going to land.... :rolleyes:

Don't forget about Aaron Rogers future landing spot. San Francisco's QB situation is far from settled. What is Sean Payton doing? The Jets? The Raiders? Lots of questions.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Living with it the rest of his life is his sentence. These guys never get over missed opportunities at this level. 

The Niner body slam in the Eagles game brought back the good 'ol days. 😁

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't forget about Aaron Rogers future landing spot. San Francisco's QB situation is far from settled. What is Sean Payton doing? The Jets? The Raiders? Lots of questions.

He is up there in years. Do not think he will have the impact he may have in the past.  What a crap SB.  I cant believe the line.  I thought the line would be Eagles -7.  Its like 1 1/2.  I believe Eagles blow them out. They cant stop the run or pass.  Stop Kelce and you stop them.  Mahomes may not make it through the entire game. If Bengals had won, not been flagged for that very marginal call I have seen let go many times, it might have at least been a bit interesting. I do not see KC hanging with them. Not unless Hurts chokes. We just have no idea because SF lost Purdy so early in the game.  And what kind of idiots are running the camera angles?  They should have seen no catch right away.   I know the  Bills could have and would have beaten KC.  I think the snow that fell was our enemy.  And Frazier should have been fired by now. He has no shot at a head coaching job after he sat there and did nothing and watched us lose. I understand the injuries but he should have called blitz schemes. Tomlin would have sent the damn cavalry after him.  Fire the bastards and that means marble head also. So i am saying Eagles in a blowout. 38-17 or 45 to 20.  Nobody outside of KC and Philly gives a shit.  I say the ratings take a hit. I have seen the  schedule for next year.  Dallas is at Buffalo.  That will be sold out in no time.

Raiders and Giants come to Buffalo also.  Giants will sell fast.  As will Dallas.  Tampa comes in also but doubt Brady will be back.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977